+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree8Likes
  • 4 Post By quietscribe
  • 1 Post By BlackZodiac
  • 3 Post By Caelthas

Thread: Bouncemaster 5000 feedback

Default Bouncemaster 5000 feedback

I just wanted to put a post out here while I remember, and early enough that if Trion decides to rethink the item, it doesn't cause too many problems.

In short, I think that the idea itself is good in concept, but poor in actuality. People like jumping, and people like jumping high, this is well-known. I had been eager for this item, because I had thought that the bouncemaster item was a -placed- item, not a -use- item.

This is the basic fault, as I see it, because a lot of dimensions are designed to limit a player's view of the world to what the creator wishes to show them.

If the Bouncemaster was a placed item (by the dimension owner) that was a 'x to y' jumping pad system I would be all for it. I can see it having so many uses in dimensions, but by having this item as it is now is rendering some of the most thoughtfully designed dimensions degraded by the fact the player can jump over the walls/barriers to areas the designer blocked off. For case in point, many players have made wonderfully creative lands in the Shoreward Island dimension because of the open space it provided, using little of the original land-mass, and instead building areas or even full towns in the sky. Suddenly the wonderfully immersive dwarven town becomes a 'town in mid-air' and while many dimensions can work around this fault, it would use up masses of the item count that many players have already maxed out on.

I know it probably sounds a bit petty, and I guess some players might not get why this item bothers me, but I think many dimensioneers will see what I am getting at, and agree. I suppose only time, and comment responses will tell.

Edit: It also occured to me that this item will mess up a lot of jumping puzzles for people. People with the item will be able to ignore most of the jumping parts, and if the puzzle is designed for the item, people without the item won't be able to participate.
    Last edited by quietscribe; 08-14-2013 at 07:25 PM.
    Harrier the Corgimancer

I agree 150% with everything you stated.

I would rather them add an actual, personal flying carpet that allows the owner to checkunchecked if they allow it in their dim. This way we wouldn't have to rely on that add on.

Personally...the bouncemaster is way too much in cost and is a slap in the face to dim builders.

I wasn't going to comment on this, because I"m certain people have to be tired of my snarky posts lamenting what's happened to dimensions. As such, I want to thank you both for speaking my mind for me. Couldn't have said it better myself. Control over the dimension should remain with those who bought and built it.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by BlackZodiac View Post
    I agree 150% with everything you stated.

I would rather them add an actual, personal flying carpet that allows the owner to checkunchecked if they allow it in their dim. This way we wouldn't have to rely on that add on.

Personally...the bouncemaster is way too much in cost and is a slap in the face to dim builders.
    If you haven't found the magic carpet addon, make sure you do.

Plane Touched

I think what would be best is to allow it be a selected option in the dim menu. People who like building puzzles could then not fret about people using it when they shouldn't and perhaps some people may make dims specifically catered to this ability.
    "What is the difference between a "great man" and a "hero"?
    A great man fights until he falls
    A hero gets back up"

+ Reply to Thread