Like Tree5Likes
  • 2 Post By Treble
  • 1 Post By Kiwi
  • 1 Post By Zyonyx
  • 1 Post By Agrona77

Thread: Probably a dumb question...

Soulwalker

Default Probably a dumb question...

I really love my Faen's Retreat, but I would prefer to have the medium shimmersand house... is there any way, at ALL, to remove housing that comes with the dimension? The only place in the whole dimension flat enough for the medium shimmersand is where the original house stands!

Why can't we move objects that are already in there?

No way to get rid of the existing house besides covering it up with something, which won't get you the real estate back. One common solution is to use a ton of rocks to create a new surface above the old one. Another would be to place the medium house in such a way that part of it is embedded in the rocks but the interior is all free or free enough that you could cover any obstructions with decor.

Shalistiri Mirage : The Light in the Dark : Camp Catari : Dwarven Ladies Club: RP - The Basilicini of Bahralt : Lycini Townhouse : Peter, Peter, Pumpkin Eater : The Paarrrrsing Deck : Fuji Dojo : Cherry Breeze Estate on Faeblight

RIFT Fan Site Operator

Rivvka@ Faeblight RP Party House would be a good example:

Click to see RP Party House

or pop in and check it out she has hers risen and the medium house also.

I wanted to do the same thing, and was met with the same frustration. The one dimension of the zone it actually comes from and it doesn't fit! Go figure.

Anyway, I ended up doing this:

http://i.imgur.com/7QLW3o6.jpg

The shot is from a Dim I'm working on that got sidetracked by another Dim I'm working on, so it's still very much a WIP. The platform the front of the house sits on is brown brick tile with Shimmersand walls forming the edge. I did have to ever-so-slightly scale the house down, but there's still plenty of headroom for even tall characters to get through the door...

... I hope...

Quote Originally Posted by Zyonyx View Post
    I wanted to do the same thing, and was met with the same frustration. The one dimension of the zone it actually comes from and it doesn't fit! Go figure.

The shot is from a Dim I'm working on that got sidetracked by another Dim I'm working on, so it's still very much a WIP. The platform the front of the house sits on is brown brick tile with Shimmersand walls forming the edge. I did have to ever-so-slightly scale the house down, but there's still plenty of headroom for even tall characters to get through the door...

... I hope...
    I was like, HOLD UP... where is this, Zy? I love it!

Also, the small house that comes with the starter dim in Sanguine Shores, I had to hide that for my Summer Dim contest and I just placed a HUGE freakin' bolder over it. Now it's gone.

RIFT Fan Site Operator

The shot is from a Dim I'm working on that got sidetracked by another Dim I'm working on....
    You always make me grin as I think of the 4 dimensions lurking on Telara awaiting my attention...

Soulwalker

... I hope...

WOW! that's awesome! And it gives ME hope.. lol

Soulwalker

...ok... I got so excited that instead of going to bed... I did it! As soon as I finish placing items where I want them (and finding a LIT fireplace, like the one in the house already), I will post pictures =)

+ Reply to Thread