+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Synovia

Thread: Regular Freezes then Crash in Guild Dimension

Ascendant

Default Regular Freezes then Crash in Guild Dimension

Has anyone experience freezes followed eventually by a crash when working in dimensions? For me, this ONLY happens in the guild dimension and it seems it only occurs when I've placed several items with Dimension Toolbox. I've tried disabling Dimension Toolbox but the placed items still cause me to freeze and then crash.

I'm thinking it may have something to do with the "flickering texture" that occurs when you've placed items with Dimension Toolbox but my own personal dimension has quite a bit placed in this way and I have zero issues in there.

The guild dimension is Caer Mathos for what it's worth.
    Moved on from Rift due to: Rift's PvP being a mindless, skilless zerg that has been and will continue to be perpetuated and reinforced :: A horribly optimized engine :: My personal distaste for F2P (already heading down the P2W path) after giving it a fair shake. Rift is an exceptional MMO by an overachieving development team that unfortunately is ruined by a few personally show-stopping issues.

I usually only get he "flickering texture" when I've placed items nearly right on top of each other (or overlapping) with DT. To fix that, you can offset by .001. The only time I am experiencing lag is when I try to resize or move the new large mossy house. It usually doesn't DC me though.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Synovia View Post
    Has anyone experience freezes followed eventually by a crash when working in dimensions? For me, this ONLY happens in the guild dimension and it seems it only occurs when I've placed several items with Dimension Toolbox. I've tried disabling Dimension Toolbox but the placed items still cause me to freeze and then crash.

I'm thinking it may have something to do with the "flickering texture" that occurs when you've placed items with Dimension Toolbox but my own personal dimension has quite a bit placed in this way and I have zero issues in there.

If you have an item "Picked Up" and you do certain things before "placing it" it causes the crash.

it's not just you and it's not because of TB I was having the issue with Caer Mathos guild dim as well. it's from placing or picking up to many items too fast. I put in a bug report but haven't heard of a fix yet. and no I didn't even have TB when I was doing this

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Lostcode View Post
    it's not just you and it's not because of TB I was having the issue with Caer Mathos guild dim as well. it's from placing or picking up to many items too fast. I put in a bug report but haven't heard of a fix yet. and no I didn't even have TB when I was doing this
    I'll test this out tonight. I think we want to switch guild dimensions anyway so perhaps we can try that!
    Moved on from Rift due to: Rift's PvP being a mindless, skilless zerg that has been and will continue to be perpetuated and reinforced :: A horribly optimized engine :: My personal distaste for F2P (already heading down the P2W path) after giving it a fair shake. Rift is an exceptional MMO by an overachieving development team that unfortunately is ruined by a few personally show-stopping issues.

RIFT Fan Site Operator Feendish's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Synovia View Post

I ran into this issue many, many times in Halls of Shaping, particularly when moving large set pieces. Once the items went over 3k, this was a perpetual issue.

Best suggestion, (by no means a fix), leave Toolbox off unless you absolutely need to use it to place a particular set, especially if you are over 2k-2.5k items. Turn it off when you move, break your sets into smaller pieces if this is feasible. Turn Toolbox off if you need to move, too, I ran into a lot of issues with freezing/crashing just by having it open when I ran around the dimension.

Rubeyrose and Hecateria also mentioned having these issues with their own guild dimension once it got to a high item count, and I believe it comes from Toolbox no longer being updated with the patches.
    Dimensions on Greybriar and Zaviel

Baradara@Greybriar

I'm having this issue just being in any dimension now. It doesn't matter if I have toolbox open and it might happen even when I'm just visiting rather than working in a dimension. It causes a freeze and eventual crash if you wait long enough.

I thought I was having a mouse issue so went and bought a new one but now see others are experiencing weird mouse issues and freeze/crashes. I didn't have any of this until about 2 weeks ago so something must have changed in a hotfix.
    Thorin's Halls, Lost Cavern, The Road Less Traveled, Hypnotique, Avalon, Hero's Quest: Belly of the Beast, Avatar v2.0, Promenade Penthouse, Hero's Quest: Sleeping Beauty, Quadradream, Everwinter, Karthan Paradise, Halls of Intoxication, Court of Shadows, Dreamscapes, Lost in Wonderland, Hero’s Quest: Hidden Canyon, Bywater, Sanguine Summer Greybriar Dimension Geek

+ Reply to Thread