+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Hjorn
  • 1 Post By Caelthas

Thread: How to recover out of bounds dimension item?

Default How to recover out of bounds dimension item?

I was playing around with my character's Warden's Point baby dimension, and I tried to put something on the beach. I was standing on the bluff near the stone building and didn't see the force field. I managed to put the item (a Defiant Warship) on the beach, but afterwards decided that I didn't like the way it looked, so I tried to pick it back up. Since the item is beyond the area of the dimension, however, I am unable to click it, but it still counts towards my maximum number of items in the dimension. Is there any way to recover the item?

Default Yes

Luckily, there is a fix. When you aren't in editing mode, but are in your dim, you'll see a button for the list of items in your dimension. The thing at the bottom of the list is the dimension item that you placed last. So, look around there for your ship and there's a pickup button to the right. Press it and your warship will once again be in your inventory.

Of course, now that we're down for an update, you're going to have to wait about three hours to try it out. *grrrr*
    Last edited by Hjorn; 08-14-2013 at 06:07 AM.
    Looking for a casual guild full of helpful, generous, and crazy characters from all over the world? http://ordervigil.enjin.com

The list is always a handy way to grab something, especially if you recess something into rock or another object and can no longer see or select it.

As for the beach, you can also just go down and pick it up. If you're unaware, any "teleport" ability, like a mage Flicker or rogue Shadowstep will teleport you through the dimension barrier. Then you can just ride down to the beach to pick it up, or put it somewhere else down there if you prefer.

Default Thanks very much!

Thanks for the replies, guys! I intend to check it out as soon as I can. Unfortunately, the game just patched and I'm stuck in a crash-loop. Still waiting on word from support about that... >_>

+ Reply to Thread