+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Cross Shard Dimensions - Will Clusters be in place forever?

RIFT Fan Site Operator

Default Cross Shard Dimensions - Will Clusters be in place forever?

Is there any indication that cluster separation is in place temporarily/permanently?

I am sure shards are something still panning out and the elimination and introduction of new shards to help fix a technical problem with the influx of "fpers" made sense but with future planning of competitions etc I am curious if clusters will be removed.

I am hoping so as it is becoming noticeable that any shards not on the same cluster as the RP shards (NA & EU) currently are finding it difficult to create events and to share their craft.

Also how do we let EU know people like me would love to meet the amazing Dimensioneers and talk about dreams without shard forums or what is another way because if I asked in shard forums prior it was removed anyway?

I go over every second week but I am stranded to 1-29 chat which has become extra acid friendly since F2P...just saying....and because of timezones I cannot sit there forever or during peek hours to reach people whose dimensions I might go into. The current competition I am holding was something I planned to build a bridge between clusters and EU & NA, riftscene.com also has shard forums but it isn't simple creating traffic on another forums and I am unsure the competition results yet. I did highlight Akala & have quite a few video's on RDD to show for it but that was 12 hours of Akala camping lol

Yes I have a level 1 on every shard.

EU I want to get to know YOU and Cluster 2 WE LOVE YOU!
    Last edited by Kiwi; 08-11-2013 at 10:09 PM.

Telaran

Agree the current state of clusters is limiting, but I'm sure if you make a thread here (like you have) asking EU builders to wave at you then you'd find plenty of people. I'm an EU player and the first place I thought of to find fellow dimmers was here.

Or you could always start doing ninja specials where you sneak onto the EU/cluster 2 shards and stealthily check out the dims. Now that it displays the creators name you'd be able to give credit and I don't think anyone would protest since they have it set to public. The only problem is you can never really tell which dim is a good dim until you enter.

RIFT Fan Site Operator

Quote Originally Posted by Jaida View Post
    Or you could always start doing ninja specials where you sneak onto the EU/cluster 2 shards and stealthily check out the dims. Now that it displays the creators name you'd be able to give credit and I don't think anyone would protest since they have it set to public. The only problem is you can never really tell which dim is a good dim until you enter.
    Lol I think I've proven otherwise as I don't enter dims until I film them so people see them first with me. I think I've had to refilm 4 in this time because of technical issues and no this doesn't work for me as Dream Dimensions 101 is about the people not just the Dimension. What can I say it's my game within a game to keep fresh and as non-critical as possible.

And yes you have nailed it on the head why i posted this as I have poked EU via here before and in other places, I am beginning to think they are just shy little munchkins :P
    Last edited by Kiwi; 08-12-2013 at 06:50 AM.

Telaran

Ye I suppose us Europeans are a bit reserved lol. It's a shame coz I've seen some really nice dims. There's a highly voted Star Wars themed one on my server that's very unique and clever.

Maybe you could find one willing person on each shard to become a sort of ambassador and spread the word for you or something. Although having said that I think most people who'd be interested in participating would have found their way to you themselves.

Hmm, tis a tough one.
    Last edited by Jaida; 08-12-2013 at 07:11 AM.

RIFT Fan Site Operator

Quote Originally Posted by Jaida View Post
    Ye I suppose us Europeans are a bit reserved lol. It's a shame coz I've seen some really nice dims. There's a highly voted Star Wars themed one on my server that's very unique and clever.

Maybe you could find one willing person on each shard to become a sort of ambassador and spread the word for you or something. Although having said that I think most people who'd be interested in participating would have found their way to you themselves.

Hmm, tis a tough one.
    Hence my competition and the judges in it...yup you are once more nailing heads and stuff however I want new ideas also while this is occurring taking advantage of the timing before Friday and Trions livestream to get more feedback and also to find out if clusters are permanent. Appreciate this convo with you, thanks so much!
    Last edited by Kiwi; 08-12-2013 at 07:50 AM.

+ Reply to Thread