+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Outside of Dimension

Default Outside of Dimension

Hi, I was wondering if putting things outside of dimensions is against the rules? I dont wanna have to make something awesome and later have to take it all down.

it's not against the rules, go for it
    I came for the raids, ended up spending all of my time (and plat) on Dimensions
    Psy 60MageFaeblight
    Mage Class Lead
    <The Remorseless>
    "Hodor."-Hodor

RIFT Fan Site Operator

Be aware that boundaries are in place for a reason and should any move or disappear that is the risk you are taking, there have been a few stories of such.

Telaran

Pretty sure you're not breaking any rules.However you're taking a chance.Trion may decide those areas are off limits.If they do they would probably just put the used item's into the storage vault in the dim.

If they do like SOE did with EQ2,they wont do anything.In Eq2 people have made a point of figuring out how to (break out) of housing instances.By doing so they use teleporters to get out of the instances and use the whole area,not just the housing instance.SOE has allowed this to continue.

I guess time will tell if Trion has a problem with it!

On a rogue you can blink though the barrier and walk all over the other side. Place items there too. In my Moonshade pools dimension I have went over to the area that is now our Three Springs dimention. You can place items in that area as well.
    http://forums.riftgame.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=90809&dateline=137690  0590

The barrier is there to limit where you can build, as you noticed items can be placed outside the barrier, however, if Trion decides to make any changes, any revisions to the way this works... your items could be gone, and what will be your ticket? "I went outside the barrier you placed and put items in the twilight zone... can I please have them back?" Good luck with that and good luck getting the items back.

Keep in mind, the price of dimensions is related to the size, gaining more space by venturing outside the barrier could be seen as being a weasel.
    Last edited by Wonk; 08-11-2013 at 06:16 PM.
    I Rift, therefore I am.

I personally wouldn't place my items outside the barrier. I always thought if Trion changed things I would lose them and I don't want to lose one single item for my dimension. (My precious)
    http://forums.riftgame.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=90809&dateline=137690  0590

There shouldn't be such tiny *** barriers anyway...

Quote Originally Posted by Drynaut View Post
    There shouldn't be such tiny *** barriers anyway...
    agreed! and such tiny item limits!!

Come on Trion, increase 'em please ....before I get tooo busy in ffxiv!

Telaran

On dolcega Valley, I have put well over a hundred items beyond the boundaries, they don't disappear.

The simplest way to do this is back a target dummy up against the green barrier and use a teleport ability that lands you behind it. This will land you right behind the green barrier and make it easier to do.

Personally, I was EXTREMELY surprised how much of the dimension is outside of the green wall compared to inside. The quality of the map does NOT degrade in the slightest till you reach the "no map" zone, where the terrain literally just stops.

Personally I would always suggest putting things beyond the barrier to add a nice backdrop. Personally, in Dolcega, I like to add lamps, street signs, banners ect to places outside the green wall so you don't see this tiny area full of new stuff and then this sudden blandness. Doing things like adding Ivy to mossy buildings can add a nice touch as well, in addition to ground foliage.

I've put things from a cheap village lamp to a 400+platinum tree behind the barriers.

My current "project", as soon as I finish my combat dummy area, is to find a way to discreetly place a dummy near the wall to make it easier for people to just jump out, without ruining scenery.
    Last edited by Luix; 08-12-2013 at 03:42 PM.

with the addition of the sage tower with lift an answer from the devs would be great on this saying if we are allowed to use the new space created or not as it is now a lot easier.

Quote Originally Posted by benthalo View Post
    On a rogue you can blink though the barrier and walk all over the other side. Place items there too. In my Moonshade pools dimension I have went over to the area that is now our Three Springs dimention. You can place items in that area as well.
    I tried this out last night on my rogue, and it was cool to be able to stand on the balcony in Three Springs and see my own Moonshade dimension from afar. I wonder if it's the same if you happen to own both of them. Can you see one from the other, or is it just wishful thinking?

Default Sagespire tower

Apparently with the addition of an elevator that pushes you through the wall this will be something that might be seen more. I know that makes it tempting for me, I never would have used breach chamber because of how cramped it is... but building on the surface of that area... no, for me it still feels wrong. I just can't risk putting my creations somewhere that might later be confiscated.

Quote Originally Posted by Akhor View Post
    Apparently with the addition of an elevator that pushes you through the wall this will be something that might be seen more. I know that makes it tempting for me, I never would have used breach chamber because of how cramped it is... but building on the surface of that area... no, for me it still feels wrong. I just can't risk putting my creations somewhere that might later be confiscated.
    He has a point... every dimension I placed the elevator building the top either exceeded the top barrier or scrapes it, so it's unlikely everyone will be able to adhere to the limits, at least the top limit.
    I Rift, therefore I am.

I played around with the new lil item :3 its pretty cool what I made. Ill post screen shots later. Acroki@Necroplis if you wanna see

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast