• 2 Post By Alleriana
  • 4 Post By Herbal_Fairy
  • 1 Post By EchoesOfErebus
  • 2 Post By Wonk
  • 1 Post By Norris

Thread: Jete's Bouncemaster 5000 Problem / Suggested Solution

Soulwalker

Default Jete's Bouncemaster 5000 Problem / Suggested Solution

Jete's Bouncemaster 5000 makes you move faster and jump super high. it's pretty neat, no lie. It gives you a self buff when you use this item in any dimension.

I think it would be best if we make a dimension setting that allows/disallows the usage of this item so it doesn't break peoples' jump puzzles they spent hours (dare I say weeks!) building and so it wont cause any unbalance in dimension pvp when it comes into play.

Thanks for reading please leave your thoughts on this!
    Last edited by EchoesOfErebus; 08-09-2013 at 01:28 PM.

Agreed. I'm not a fan of jump puzzles (mostly because I'm terrible at them), but Echoes is right. It basically negates all of the effort people put into creating them. Mazes will likely also be useless, unless the builder decides to put ceilings in to prevent jumping. And, quite honestly, I'm just not comfortable with allowing visitors having that much "control" over my builds. I'd have to purchase it just to know how it will affect my dims, and I have no interest in owning it. All in all, it's a fun toy that's been poorly implemented.

IMO, this should be something that's under the builder's control, not the visitor's. I don't think making it a permission would work, because people who bought it might feel it was a worthless purchase if too many people turn it off. Instead, make it something the builder can drop that a visitor can click on should they chose to, either at the beginning of the dim or as a "reward" for making it through a puzzle/maze.

Rift Disciple

This totally isn't what I expected it to be, an on use item that gives a buff. I thought it was going to be a dimension item that could be placed, and used.

I was hoping for it to be one of the launchpads we see in strong holds...

Should be something that's only allowed in editor mode if that's its purpose.

Or just be a toggled mode, like when PvP dimensions come out I'm assuming there would be a page with a bunch of options/toggles for settings for example.

Not sure why it's even a purchasable cash shop item, as much as I want Trion to make money and be supported it seems like something that should be a basic feature of Dimensions instead of having to get an addon to fly or w/e.

Unless in the future there will be more "fun" items like this, like for example ice sliding or something, then people could design theme parks for that and stuff lol.

Just mentioned this in another post and yes 100% agreed!!!!!

we should control if the buff is capable in any dimension, or make it an item we place down. not a buff. really should have been caught before release, we all realized it moments after using it

agree op and lets hope they see the right thing to do. its an uber cool thing dont get me wrong but definately ..should be controlled by individual dimensioners

It's not uncommon for me to have "behind the scenes" areas in my dimensions that I don't intend for people to have access to. There are a lot of reasons this is a bad idea as it is currently implemented.

This should just be an item that can be placed in a dim to give people the buff while they're in there. Once they leave that dim, the buff goes away. Being able to take the buff into anyone's dimension is just not cool.
    Shiadra, Shiasha, Facemoth, and Fimhira
    <Wandering Idiot>
    Dimensions on Deepwood: Bandit Hideout and Silverwood Playground

Totaly agree with this. I like the basic idea of it. But it should indeed be a dimension owner toggle or a item the owner can place for visitors to use.
    In it's current state it has actually somewhat ruined a LOT of dimension themes in a split second.

Soulwalker

I'm glad to see people agree that this item as it currently stands is breaking a lot of dimensions and negating hard work people put into them. And that I wasn't just crazy...

So I spent a good deal of time dimension hopping and exploring the really nice things people created. Jump puzzles, hidden (behind the scenes areas if you will), mazes, and the sort were all bypassed. I understood this jump item was making me view these dimensions in a lesser light then I would have if I had to explore normally; I know these people worked long and hard at what they made.

I quickly moved my dimension to private and am thus saddened by both not sharing it's beauty and the fear of the hard work getting pushed aside because people can reach the unintended to be explored areas I had blocked off from guests.

Rift Disciple

Default for when we will be able to lock it

im a jump puzzle and it needs to be done quickly

When a player sets up a jump puzzle for visitors to 'explore' the dimension it prevents many (lots!) from seeing all the hard work placed in to that dim, we are locked out because we either are not good at jumping or we have no interest in spending 20-30mins to "jump thru hoops" to see the dimension. Allowing the visitor an option to bypass the jumping, the often overly difficult task of reaching other areas is a welcome tool... if you don't want 75% of visitors to leave in frustration and disappointment of having to 'earn' a look at what you built, then give them a another way to get where the action is in your dim.
    I built a road for those who had vertigo or not skillful enough to navigate a path to the top of our guild dim, it leads to 75% of the build, yet before the road many just quit, never went up top, never saw 75% of the dim... now they thank me, they love the road!

Giving a button to disable the bouncer would be a kick in face, once again you are telling visitors... unless you are the uber hopper, patient jumper and curious enough to 'earn' your way up, you are unworthy... suffer.
    Getting visitors to stay and look is tough enough without making requirements to allow them a favorable visit.
    I Rift, therefore I am.

Have you tried jumping with the buff on? Yeah you jump further but it's a lot harder to judge where to land. If the jump puzzle areas do not have back walls it's still just as hard to use precision landing with the booster item activated.

And with the current allowance of moving any item in any dim, you can easily by-pass maze walls and jump puzzles.
    Dimension Builder.

I thought this thread was about some vicious hardcore PvPer.

+ Reply to Thread