Like Tree7Likes
  • 1 Post By Torn Apart
  • 1 Post By Balvin
  • 2 Post By Geopenguin
  • 1 Post By Geriko
  • 2 Post By Kiwi

Thread: Features that need to be added to DIMS

Default Features that need to be added to DIMS

Alright now these do not come without thought..

The first thing that needs to be added is a Personal Description or even a newspaper type area where you can tell what your dim is and what it is about, hidden areas and what not.

The second feature I'd love to see is a Construction mode flying feature, building scaffolding sucks and is a pain haha. Also would be able to add screen shots at different angles.

Those are the features I'd love to see added to dimensions.

Like it if you agree! Also please bump(Reply) if you like it!

Quote Originally Posted by Torn Apart View Post
    Alright now these do not come without thought..

The first thing that needs to be added is a Personal Description or even a newspaper type area where you can tell what your dim is and what it is about, hidden areas and what not.

The second feature I'd love to see is a Construction mode flying feature, building scaffolding sucks and is a pain haha. Also would be able to add screen shots at different angles.

Those are the features I'd love to see added to dimensions.

Like it if you agree! Also please bump(Reply) if you like it!
    For that i use the magic carpet addon which allows you to do that and as for angles for screenshots with the magic carpet you can place an item anywhere and use that to stand on for a screenie

Quote Originally Posted by Balvin View Post
    For that i use the magic carpet addon which allows you to do that and as for angles for screenshots with the magic carpet you can place an item anywhere and use that to stand on for a screenie
    Well that is fine and all for screenshots but repairing that protruding object from the roof of your house that can be seen from ground after you've completed everything and start decoration. It's really difficult reaching the top of the 4 story house :S

I do like the Magic Carpet Addon though btw.

I don't use any add-ons (for dimensions). I just use an oversize tile and painfully keep raising and jumping and raising and jumping...ad infinitum...ad naseum...et tu brute...
    Beware the Penguin...

Quote Originally Posted by Geopenguin View Post
    I don't use any add-ons (for dimensions). I just use an oversize tile and painfully keep raising and jumping and raising and jumping...ad infinitum...ad naseum...et tu brute...
    Yeppers I do the same, I build scaffolding around the outside of my house currently, but still a huge pain haha.

Plane Touched

I use the toolbox and build a mostly universal scaffold system and save it. It's not perfect but it does save a little time. I'm having trouble with curse right now, can't get it to open and until fixed I'll be stuck with the scaffold. It works even if it's not ideal!
    "What is the difference between a "great man" and a "hero"?
    A great man fights until he falls
    A hero gets back up"

Bumped, hoping to get some Rift Personnel in here

Shadowlander

i just use the pirates laddr and keep a dozen or so just for building

Bump for refresh

RIFT Fan Site Operator

Your wanting a Rift Dev to tell you they will make scaffolding for you when there is add ons and larger scaled objects as well as many objects to do so? You are also wanting a "news paper" type of thing that these forums could be used for or if you created your own you could title your Dimension that URL?

You are meant to use your imagination on every level even the building part and how we come together as a community and learn things then share it is also a cool part of it . I also try to think outside the box when new members to our community come, ask things and i'llpoint them to the thread up there State of Dimensions but I'm really unsure where the problem lies beyond that however I have begun a section on my website where exceptional Dimensioneers are sharing their Dimensions and journey and via this we could mold something that might suit what your after but logistics, time and contribution are the deciding factors. I'm also waiting to see the next three months of developments not only for Dimensions but Rift as a whole cause this creative team has some tricks up its sleeve I can feels it heh.

So good to have our Community growing I hope you are enjoying it also and thanks for your interest in the Arena comp.
    Last edited by Kiwi; 08-12-2013 at 07:56 PM.

+ Reply to Thread