+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Shaidar Haran
  • 2 Post By Synovia

Thread: Super Jumping in Dimensions

Ascendant

Default Super Jumping in Dimensions

THIS IS RELEVANT TO MY INTERESTS. However, I'm at work and can't log into the game to see what this looks/plays like. Could someone explain how this works for me so I don't have to wait 9 hours? .

Is it just an item you drop in your dimension that enables super jumping?

Thanks!
    Moved on from Rift due to: Rift's PvP being a mindless, skilless zerg that has been and will continue to be perpetuated and reinforced :: A horribly optimized engine :: My personal distaste for F2P (already heading down the P2W path) after giving it a fair shake. Rift is an exceptional MMO by an overachieving development team that unfortunately is ruined by a few personally show-stopping issues.

Prophet of Telara Shaidar Haran's Avatar

Shards have yet to come down for the update but someone will update asap, if not I!

On side note: elevators as well

Neato
    My Hand Reaches Far...

Quote Originally Posted by Amary View Post
    There's typically no warning for unexpected crashes.

Have fun to find the jumpmaster- not found this item on EU.
    But the elevator is nice you can get over the top and the bottom of your dimension with it^^
    Can`t get through sidewalls with it :<

Shadowlander

I was not able to buy the flying thing (getting the "cannot complete your purchase" error), but I stumbled upon this addon:
    http://www.riftui.com/downloads/info...gicCarpet.html

Works very well!
    Quote Originally Posted by Daglar View Post
    This is on my list of desperate actions. I really don't want to do it, but its one of the only potentially viable options. I would probably also have to murder another low population shard in the cluster, and bring up two new shards to force people to spread out.

~Daglar

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Soulshield View Post
    Have fun to find the jumpmaster- not found this item on EU.
    But the elevator is nice you can get over the top and the bottom of your dimension with it^^
    Can`t get through sidewalls with it :<
    Dimensions -> Interactive

(And yes, the loca teams f... up once again: The german client displays it as Brevanic Portal Generator -.- )
    Quote Originally Posted by Daglar View Post
    This is on my list of desperate actions. I really don't want to do it, but its one of the only potentially viable options. I would probably also have to murder another low population shard in the cluster, and bring up two new shards to force people to spread out.

~Daglar

Rift Chaser

ya will not let me buy the item hope they fix soon looks like fun

Prophet of Telara Shaidar Haran's Avatar

Quick update: after update: 540 credits only. Try to buy: There was a problem trying to complete this purchase. Please contact CS.

Description:
    Use: Enables the user to jump at a significantly increased height and move at an increased speed in Dimensions.
    My Hand Reaches Far...

Quote Originally Posted by Amary View Post
    There's typically no warning for unexpected crashes.

Rift Chaser

any updates yet i just checked and still not working

ooooh new items...cant wait!

Ascendant

Ack, I'm NOT a very big fan of this. I just got home, bought it, tried it out, and I don't like how it was implemented. I was REALLY hoping this was going to be implemented in one of the following ways:

1) (Preferred) An interactive, placeable dimension item that makes it so anyone in your dimension moves faster and jumps higher

2) (Meh but would be okay) A personal improvement, toggleable in the UI, that allows you to jump higher and run faster in dimensions

There are two things I REALLY don't like about this implementation:

- First, it is an item that now has to sit in my inventory if I want to use it along with the 7000 other "on use" items I want to keep but take up space.

- Second, it now renders jumping puzzles, PvP arenas, and quite a bit of dimension content at best odd and at worst completely useless.

Please change this, Trion .
    Moved on from Rift due to: Rift's PvP being a mindless, skilless zerg that has been and will continue to be perpetuated and reinforced :: A horribly optimized engine :: My personal distaste for F2P (already heading down the P2W path) after giving it a fair shake. Rift is an exceptional MMO by an overachieving development team that unfortunately is ruined by a few personally show-stopping issues.

RIFT Fan Site Operator

I was like Noooo at first cause it makes direction and illusion a little trickier but oh my goodness the potential! Laughter is the main thing and i dig it, big thumbs up for our first interactive items what an awesome beginning.
    Last edited by Kiwi; 08-09-2013 at 06:05 PM.

+ Reply to Thread