+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By DimensionDiva

Thread: Village Lamppost Lighting bug.

Telaran

Default Village Lamppost Lighting bug.

Hi all, lookin for some help on this. For some reason my village Lampposts are acting funny when they are one. They sometimes shine green or turn into a white ball. Does anyone know what is causing this?

EDIT: Will upload photos in a second
    Last edited by Luix; 08-08-2013 at 12:10 PM.

Telaran

Hmm, that is weird, never seen that happen. Try submitting a bug for it.
    Lils@Greybriar

65 Rogue/Dimension Addict

Telaran

Umm, how do I? I couldn't find a bug report forum?

RIFT Fan Site Operator DimensionDiva's Avatar

All the lights that turn on at night do not work in dimensions with sky projectors. The entire light item emits a glow (green, bluish-white, or orange depending on the item) but the actual light part never turns on. Are you using a sky projector in your dimension?

My wacky weird (and mostly old) dimensions are tagged (diva) on Wolfsbane, Zaviel,
    Brutwacht, and Gelidra. I love to visit dimensions, so please invite me to see yours!

Quote Originally Posted by DimensionDiva View Post
    All the lights that turn on at night do not work in dimensions with sky projectors. The entire light item emits a glow (green, bluish-white, or orange depending on the item) but the actual light part never turns on. Are you using a sky projector in your dimension?
    In my experience, night-only lights turn on during the night cycle and turn off during the day, regardless of sky projector use. The night cycle is between 5 pm and 7 am game time, and you can see what time it is in the game by typing /time.

I don't know what the OP's issue is with blobs of light but I suspect video settings might need adjusting.
    Thorin's Halls, Lost Cavern, The Road Less Traveled, Hypnotique, Avalon, Hero's Quest: Belly of the Beast, Avatar v2.0, Promenade Penthouse, Hero's Quest: Sleeping Beauty, Quadradream, Everwinter, Karthan Paradise, Halls of Intoxication, Court of Shadows, Dreamscapes, Lost in Wonderland, Hero’s Quest: Hidden Canyon, Bywater, Sanguine Summer Greybriar Dimension Geek

Telaran

I've always wondered which lights stay on permanently and which are night only. Is there a list somewhere?

RIFT Fan Site Operator Feendish's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jaida View Post
    I've always wondered which lights stay on permanently and which are night only. Is there a list somewhere?
    Kelari lamps, and anything that says everglowing will stay on day or night. And the candles, of course.
    Dimensions on Greybriar and Zaviel

Baradara@Greybriar

RIFT Fan Site Operator DimensionDiva's Avatar

Strange. None of the night-lighted items work in my dimension that contains a conquest sky projector. They never come on. This includes lights and nightglow windows. Since I use the same night-lighted items in other projector-free dimensions, where they work, I finally removed them from my dimension with a sky projector. I thought a sky projector might be the cause of this lighting issue, as well ... sorry.

My wacky weird (and mostly old) dimensions are tagged (diva) on Wolfsbane, Zaviel,
    Brutwacht, and Gelidra. I love to visit dimensions, so please invite me to see yours!

I think this possibly could be related to the pet glow effects bug.

Sometimes my dead simon pet and fluffy destroyer of worlds pet has the normal glow they usually have...other times, barely any glow..and other times no glow at all.
    Pridy Bebe of Mobile Death Squad @Faeblight

DYER the best unofficial Rift forum.

RIFT Fan Site Operator Feendish's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DimensionDiva View Post
    Strange. None of the night-lighted items work in my dimension that contains a conquest sky projector. They never come on. This includes lights and nightglow windows. Since I use the same night-lighted items in other projector-free dimensions, where they work, I finally removed them from my dimension with a sky projector. I thought a sky projector might be the cause of this lighting issue, as well ... sorry.
    I think the conquest sky does override a dimension's night cycle, but the others don't. I don't remember any night lights ever coming on when I've used that projector.
    Last edited by Feendish; 08-08-2013 at 05:33 PM.
    Dimensions on Greybriar and Zaviel

Baradara@Greybriar

Well this is very interesting. I'll test it this weekend and see if I can find more patterns. I just finished a build with a conquest sky and had trouble with nightglow windows, but no trouble with night-only lights.
    Thorin's Halls, Lost Cavern, The Road Less Traveled, Hypnotique, Avalon, Hero's Quest: Belly of the Beast, Avatar v2.0, Promenade Penthouse, Hero's Quest: Sleeping Beauty, Quadradream, Everwinter, Karthan Paradise, Halls of Intoxication, Court of Shadows, Dreamscapes, Lost in Wonderland, Hero’s Quest: Hidden Canyon, Bywater, Sanguine Summer Greybriar Dimension Geek

+ Reply to Thread