+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Drynaut

Thread: Dimension Artifact Hunting Idea

Default Dimension Artifact Hunting Idea

So I was thinking of ways to harmlessly encourage people to visit and explore dimensions since their really isn't any reason to stick around after taking a look, and no reason at all for those who don't care about just looking at pretty buildings. Since dimensions don't have any meaningful "purpose" in a regular "rift game-play" sense.

Anyway, so I was thinking, what if there could be random artifacts spawns in peoples' finished dimensions which would be instanced for each account and maybe ideally "soul bound". It would take some finesse to implement properly.

Each upgraded tier could add an additional random (dimension) artifact spawn point, and they would be placed on top of manually placed items instead of the default dimension mapping itself

To explain in simpler terms :

1. New [REPEATABLE] Artifact Sets that can only be found in Dimensions themselves and reward unique dimension pieces or fluff rewards. New artifact glow color/tint, would be soulbound/account locked. (Can't explore the same exact dimension on each alt, artifacts would refresh daily)

2. Each upgraded dimension tier (and item limit used) would add an additional artifact spawn point, and they would spawn randomly on manually placed items, and be shuffled periodically to avoid permanently stuck artifacts.

3. The first one or two artifacts found for each day would be a random REGULAR artifact from the actual Rift world like daily gifts.

4. While there is a daily [account wide] limit on the regular artifacts found, and a daily [account wide] limit on Dimension artifacts found within EACH unique dimension, you would be able to continue hunting for dimension artifacts all day, as long there are eligible unique dimensions available to hunt in.

5. Despite being instanced per player and their account, the artifacts spawned would be in the same place to encourage hunting with friends. And the dimension owner can't hunt in their own dimension (they won't see any artifacts and can't help anyone find them).

6. Dimension Artifact Set rewards could offer some fluff things outside of dimension items to encourage even non dimension lovers to participate.

There is a chance for exploitation so it would be hard to perfect it, but in the end it's just soulbound fluff rewards that would be mostly more dimension items any way, and the normal artifacts would be daily. And if it's too messy, trion could implement a way to have selected dimensions that are eligible for artifact spawns after being submitted for eligibility to trion.

So, if you like the idea post your suggestions to help further it along lol. =p
    Last edited by Drynaut; 08-07-2013 at 02:16 PM.

Where teh love?

I like the general idea, but I'm not too keen on all the restrictions. I haven't had any better ideas to offer up as alternatives though.
    Lils@Greybriar

65 Rogue/Dimension Addict

+ Reply to Thread