+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6Likes
  • 2 Post By Feendish
  • 3 Post By Agrona77
  • 1 Post By Kiwi

Thread: it's snowing in my house!

Default it's snowing in my house!

anyway to turn off the snow, sparkles, or whatever indoors of a dimension house/building? my cabin would look a lot warmer without it snowing inside.

i am using a fire projector atm, the only one that cancels the snow...

You have it, fire cancels the snow. I believe you can add a second projector to produce a different sky but visitors may see either the first or second at random.
    Thorin's Halls, Lost Cavern, The Road Less Traveled, Hypnotique, Avalon, Hero's Quest: Belly of the Beast, Avatar v2.0, Promenade Penthouse, Hero's Quest: Sleeping Beauty, Quadradream, Everwinter, Karthan Paradise, Halls of Intoxication, Court of Shadows, Dreamscapes, Lost in Wonderland, Hero’s Quest: Hidden Canyon, Bywater, Sanguine Summer Greybriar Dimension Geek

RIFT Fan Site Operator

Space projector also if you have orange loyalty otherwise. No. It's a Dimension, projectors & any effects including sound change the dimension.
    Last edited by Kiwi; 08-07-2013 at 12:01 PM.

Rift Disciple

Was so dissapointed after buying kestral cry and spending hours building only to find that the snow blows right through. Now it sits empty and unused. They should atleast make all projectors remove precipitation. Really they should just remove precip from all the dims and let ppl use rain makers if they want.
    Daemun, Graeven, Arnheim, Enterus, Kaael, Kareana
    Socius Amicitia
    Faeblight

RIFT Fan Site Operator Feendish's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Daemun View Post
    Was so dissapointed after buying kestral cry and spending hours building only to find that the snow blows right through. Now it sits empty and unused. They should atleast make all projectors remove precipitation. Really they should just remove precip from all the dims and let ppl use rain makers if they want.
    As has already been stated, the fire projector stops the fire, as does the Space Sky Projector from loyalty. If you don't like the dark red or deep purple skies, you can stack another projector on top of the first, such as Air or Water, to turn the sky back to a normal-ish color but still without the snow.

The only issue with this is that sometimes, the first projector will take precedence in rendering and you'll either get a fire or space sky instead of whatever you intended. Sometimes, two different people can see two different skies. Needless to say, each trip to your Kestrel's will be an adventure.

Note: I believe the Space Sky Projector is a purple tier reward, not orange. If this is incorrect, please correct me.

I hope this is helpful, even though I know it probably doesn't really make the situation any better. As the proud owner of a Kestrel's Cry dimension, (with a house in it) I feel your pain.
    Dimensions on Greybriar and Zaviel

Baradara@Greybriar

Yup, I also got Kestrel's Cry about a week ago and now I have to grind Lycini rep to buy a projector... ugh

I wonder how hard it would be for the devs to stop precipitation in dims?

RIFT Fan Site Operator

Lycini Rep? and whether its hard or not I don't think is the objective its whether they would want to if its the intention to change a "dimension" - I am hoping sometime soon people understand this is not "housing" this is changing worlds not places.
    Last edited by Kiwi; 08-08-2013 at 05:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Anahera View Post
    Lycini Rep? and whether its hard or not I don't think is the objective its whether they would want to if its the intention to change a "dimension" - I am hoping sometime soon people understand this is not "housing" this is changing worlds not places.
    Yes, in order to even buy a sky projector, my reputation needs to be "glorified" with the Lycini and right now, I just got honored.

And I fully understand that this isn't regular "housing" and that they can't make it stop snowing inside buildings WE set up. I mean Bethesda wasn't even able to stop snow or rain in their single player games if it was just a lean-to/open world building and not an instance you entered.

I actually love the fact that Rift dimensions give us all this freedom and I'm not complaining. LOL
    Last edited by Agrona77; 08-08-2013 at 07:02 AM.

RIFT Fan Site Operator

Quote Originally Posted by Agrona77 View Post
    Yes, in order to even buy a sky projector, my reputation needs to be "decorated" with the Lycini and right now
    Logging in to take a look soon as i thought it was just favor and planarite...hmmm wtb moar coffee.

Quote Originally Posted by Anahera View Post
    Logging in to take a look soon as i thought it was just favor and planarite...hmmm wtb moar coffee.
    I updated my post with a link. No need to log in. And rep actually needs to be Glorified... and if there's a PVP projector, well, I don't PVP, so no favor tokens.
    Last edited by Agrona77; 08-08-2013 at 07:08 AM.

RIFT Fan Site Operator

Well I guess I know my next competition give away on the Rift Scene forums - I didn't know cause I have all this stuff in stock including those flags that no longer exist and all. Hmmm I will need plat after running the Arena comp...

Love those days your learn something new.

+ Reply to Thread