+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree4Likes
  • 2 Post By Hjorn
  • 1 Post By Alleriana
  • 1 Post By Kiwi

Thread: Possible Compromises?

Default Possible Compromises?

Players want higher item limits. Devs say no. What could be done instead?

How about various walls with at least the windows built in? Long Wall with Nightglow Windows, Long Wall with Brevane Windows, etc. If it has a door, give it a choice of door frame. Bigger floor tiles. Maybe pre-made rooms with doors on one or more sides? Stairwells. Circular stairs. A larger selection of decorations so that you don't have to morph every single thing: pictures, tapestries, flower arrangements, food, glasses, plates, clocks, wardrobes, vanities, couches, counters, barstools, etc. More tools and instruments. Do Ascended play nothing musical?

Just some thoughts.
    Looking for a casual guild full of helpful, generous, and crazy characters from all over the world? http://ordervigil.enjin.com

Would be great if something could be arranged i agree.

I reach max limit on every dimension and with the one that isnt yet...its simply cause i dont want to start my idea as i will run out of limit long before its fini.

I still have faith they will increase limits when and if their hardware can handle it.

dimensions items, like any other item in their store is very much in demand, would only make good business sense to let us spend more we shall see if they think that way too in time

we need 4k limit as minimum imo i can easily use 1/2 item limit of 2k just for the atmosphere and basic landscape changes let alone anything else i want to create. 2k (and even less for some) is starving me

please trion allow option to increase limit, not everyone will bother but those who do will stay to play and pay longer! (i certainly will)

RIFT Fan Site Operator

Quote Originally Posted by Hjorn View Post
    We just got double the capacity, at a hefty price I agree but as a creative outlet I don't think encouraging buying one dimension and only building in it would be a positive experience in the long term. Many run with multiple dimensions and many get stuck with ideas 2000 and above and that is no fun. Scaling of items has also increased since 2.3 as well as the availability of prefab building materials and items that we once had to make like kettles etc to save on space.

Rift is a multi-platformed game, we are also "meant" to be enjoying all other content and Dimensions is where we go to chillax after a hard day of slaying dragons so Trion have done well to also encourage this.
    Last edited by Kiwi; 08-06-2013 at 07:17 AM.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Hjorn View Post

How about various walls with at least the windows built in? Long Wall with Nightglow Windows, Long Wall with Brevane Windows, etc. If it has a door, give it a choice of door frame. Bigger floor tiles. Maybe pre-made rooms with doors on one or more sides? Stairwells. Circular stairs. A larger selection of decorations so that you don't have to morph every single thing: pictures, tapestries, flower arrangements, food, glasses, plates, clocks, wardrobes, vanities, couches, counters, barstools, etc. More tools and instruments. Do Ascended play nothing musical?

Just some thoughts.
    I think you're onto something here, If they could release more items with some of these features already included as the ones you've mentioned it could go a long ways in making a more efficient use of our item counts in any dimension.

I also think a greater variety of some things would do well, maybe more stylish kitchen tables, some already set for guests (I've seen on person use little over 60 items decorating and building a table.)

No matter the size of these dimensions we will ALWAYS say we can use more room, and for that alone I don't see anyone space upgrade any time soon, what I would really like at least is the green bubble to be expanded or removed entirely as I don't truly understand it's purpose. I like others have jumped the green wall and in a great many of these dims it's existence seems strange considering you run into an invisible wall eventually.

While I do see them removing it, I think we could realistically ask for it to be pushed further back!
    "What is the difference between a "great man" and a "hero"?
    A great man fights until he falls
    A hero gets back up"

RIFT Fan Site Operator

Quote Originally Posted by Geriko View Post
    I like others have jumped the green wall and in a great many of these dims it's existence seems strange considering you run into an invisible wall eventually.
    The difference between this game and perhaps all others is Rift gives us Dimensions not blank land fills that are actual content in the game which is awesome. So some areas are content engaged perhaps Dimensions are also a great way to get people curious about the actual place and go see it live? This might explain the boundary.
    Last edited by Kiwi; 08-06-2013 at 08:34 AM.

+ Reply to Thread