+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Oakleaf Ranger
  • 2 Post By Feendish

Thread: Spiral staircase?

Default Spiral staircase?

are there any spiral stair cases?

i'm trying to get a set of stairs that will get me up to HERE, with the limited space.
    after i get the stairs in, i can build the next floor of my observatory.

Most people build them there are not any stock spiral stairs sorry.

RIFT Fan Site Operator Feendish's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Oakleaf Ranger View Post
    are there any spiral stair cases?

i'm trying to get a set of stairs that will get me up to HERE, with the limited space.
    after i get the stairs in, i can build the next floor of my observatory.
    That doesn't look like a very far rise. If you use Toolbox, making a spiral staircase is a pretty simple matter.

I like a pole of whatever material you choose to use, at size 3-5, depending on how wide you want your stairs. Your vertical offset should almost never go past .2 to reduce snagging. You can set get the spiral in a couple of ways, either setting your YAW to 10 degrees or less, or offsetting either the X or the Z (depending on which direction you want the stairs to turn) by about .4. Copy your first, lay down some poles (for that distance, you may want to start with about 30 and if it's too tall, it's too easy to remove some), then paste all, and the staircase should spring right up.

Rubeyrose also does a pretty good tutorial of the spiral staircase here: http://forums.riftscene.com/index.ph...torial-videos/

I'm sorry I'm not that good at explaining things, but I hope this all helps. Happy building!
    Dimensions on Greybriar and Zaviel

Baradara@Greybriar

+ Reply to Thread