Like Tree11Likes
  • 5 Post By Akhor
  • 1 Post By Caelthas
  • 1 Post By Feendish
  • 1 Post By Feendish
  • 1 Post By Caelthas
  • 1 Post By Feendish
  • 1 Post By Shaidar Haran

Thread: Anyone have a Grand Piano Toolbox Export?

Prophet of Telara Shaidar Haran's Avatar

Default Anyone have a Grand Piano Toolbox Export?

I am looking to put in a grand piano into my Dim, but I lack the skill. Anyone made one and used toolbox to save it and willing to share it?
    My Hand Reaches Far...

Quote Originally Posted by Amary View Post
    There's typically no warning for unexpected crashes.

Firebolts made a gorgeous piano out of marble benches and I know she saved it to toolbox because she copied one for me in my guild dim. If she doesn't see this post I'll ask her about sharing it on the Dimension Addicts site.
    Anyone have a Grand Piano Toolbox Export?-2013-08-01_215503.jpg

Thank you so much. I will keep my eye out for it on the website
    My Hand Reaches Far...

I've never exported a toolbox set before, but if you like mine, lemme know and I can figure it out on my upcoming days off.

Between Firebolts and I being on vacations at different times, I've finally been able to talk with her about sharing her set and she said she'd love to. Any tips/instructions on how to export? I'll check the stickies and Dimension Addicts site but in case they don't have clear instructions I thought I'd ask here

RIFT Fan Site Operator Feendish's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Akhor View Post
    Between Firebolts and I being on vacations at different times, I've finally been able to talk with her about sharing her set and she said she'd love to. Any tips/instructions on how to export? I'll check the stickies and Dimension Addicts site but in case they don't have clear instructions I thought I'd ask here
    Exporting is super easy (thankfully). On the DA site, go ahead and click the button that says Add Your Own Item Set. Use the drop downs to create a name for the set and a category.

On Toolbox, select the set you wish to export, then click export. A bunch of text will appear in the long text line. Click CTRL + A, this will select it all. Click CTRL + C, and this will copy it all. I like to use Notepad as a buffer (but this is not necessary to copy to DA site, I just like to have sets on my computer as well), so I open up Notepad at this time on my desktop, and press CTRL +V, which pastes. Using this same combination will copy the set from notepad to the DA site as well.

You can then choose whether or not you wish to add a picture of the item as well.

I hope this is helpful, and if it's confusing, please let me know. Rubey also did a tutorial on import/export that may be a bit more clear.

Rock on!
    Last edited by Feendish; 08-14-2013 at 01:53 PM.
    Dimensions on Greybriar and Zaviel

Baradara@Greybriar

Edit timer fail.

When you paste something, make sure you don't modify the text, also. Just wanted to add that. When I post sets, I also like to include a list of mats, just to make it easier for folks who want to use them to know what's required.

Baradara@Greybriar

O.O I feel like some one just spoke another tong I don't speak ............sorry........><........
    tell me what shard and I can come build it for you if you want un-tell I learn how to make sense of what I'm reading maybe? btw when you export some thing it's just copping it to the site right?
    Last edited by firebolts; 08-14-2013 at 08:08 PM.

Sweet, got my piano set exported if OP is still interested.

Quote Originally Posted by Caelthas View Post
    Sweet, got my piano set exported if OP is still interested.
    I'm interested!

Baradara@Greybriar

ya looked at Caelthas set up it's less item count so that may help you more mines a bit more complicated in items =J so unless you really want it white and open style.... I'd say go with theirs, that and it's loaded to use already lol=)
    Last edited by firebolts; 08-15-2013 at 08:44 AM.

I got it up now and on the site I was still having trouble but the item list I forgot to add and like I said it's complicated items and big.

leather books-10
    marbles bench 16
    build blocks limestone: one tile, one rectangle.
    wedding altar 1
    red books 25
    iron fence post 1

The picture has added scroll and items in side to give a more fun look in side the piano but, they where not part of the main build so you know. =o=} sure I could make a easer design but I really wanted it white an open =J

(what ever you do don't any one ask me what my big bike make up is it's over 100 items or close to><.................)
    Last edited by firebolts; 08-15-2013 at 11:52 AM.

Hi guys and gals. Great to hear. I am going to go ahead and try and import Cael's today. The wood style I think fits more into the theme. If I get the import pretty easily I'll save the white marble one as well, cause I do like the elegance of it and may be able to use it in future Dims.

If I just get lost with DTB's import/export I will ask for help in the DIm channel today.

Thanks again for such amazing creativity in our community,

Meph@Faeblight
    My Hand Reaches Far...

Quote Originally Posted by Shaidar Haran View Post
    Hi guys and gals. Great to hear. I am going to go ahead and try and import Cael's today. The wood style I think fits more into the theme. If I get the import pretty easily I'll save the white marble one as well, cause I do like the elegance of it and may be able to use it in future Dims.

If I just get lost with DTB's import/export I will ask for help in the DIm channel today.

Thanks again for such amazing creativity in our community,

Meph@Faeblight
    Importing is very easy as well, Meph. Have Notepad open (because this makes it easier for me, at any rate). Select the text on the DA site of the toolbox set, then right click and select COPY. For Notepad, either right click and PASTE, or CTRL + V.

When you're ready to import to Toolbox, use CTRL + A to select the text in Notepad, then CTRL + C to copy it, then go to Toolbox, and in the long text line under Import, press CTRL +V to paste, then select the Import button. Toolbox will save the set for you (just don't forget to assign it a set name).

Again, Rubeyrose made an awesome video about import/export that's really easy to get, so if these instructions aren't clear, feel free to check them out, too.

Baradara@Greybriar

yup, np with import
    My Hand Reaches Far...

+ Reply to Thread