+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree8Likes
  • 4 Post By Geriko
  • 2 Post By Geriko
  • 1 Post By Geriko
  • 1 Post By Kitasia

Thread: Introducing: The Colosseum (Faeblight)

Plane Touched

Default Introducing: The Colosseum (Faeblight)

Figured as it's finished and was made public two day's ago I'd also share my entry into the "The Grand Master Architect Of Arena's Competition"

Dim was done in Faen's Retreat and in building it I used inspiration from the Roman Colosseum and other fighting arena's I've seen in movies or read in books. Of all the entries mine is probably the most toned down, I try really hard to give all my dimensions a sense of realism, I refuse to have random stairs with no supports (IE: A series of tiles going into the sky with nothing to hold them up), and have never been a personal fan of multicolored setups. However with that said I think mine is bland lol but I am happy with it and wanted to share my entry with the community here.
    Introducing: The Colosseum (Faeblight)-2013-07-29_221020.jpgIntroducing: The Colosseum (Faeblight)-2013-07-29_221039.jpgIntroducing: The Colosseum (Faeblight)-2013-07-29_221056.jpgIntroducing: The Colosseum (Faeblight)-2013-07-29_221113.jpgIntroducing: The Colosseum (Faeblight)-2013-07-29_221151.jpgIntroducing: The Colosseum (Faeblight)-2013-07-29_221202.jpgIntroducing: The Colosseum (Faeblight)-2013-07-29_221340.jpg

I used an air effect to kinda help make it all feel a bit more dim and gritty, I removed it for the final screen shot to show what it really looks like lol
    Last edited by Geriko; 07-31-2013 at 11:09 AM.
    "What is the difference between a "great man" and a "hero"?
    A great man fights until he falls
    A hero gets back up"

WOW !!!!!!

OMG I can't wait to check this out in person!

I also 100% agree with you. I can't have floating platforms either (the only exception is the way up in my Dormant Core dim I have to admit... it's simply too high to use support beams *sigh* lol). But yes, I usually try to go for realism as well. I applaud you for that!

Plane Touched

Ya I hear you on Dormant Core, I've been tossing around an idea of making a village built along the walls of the canyon there but not sure how I'm going to go about it yet for that reason.

Also check out

The Grand Guignol(Faeblight)
    Moonshade Pools

Spinach another competitor is the one that told me to post this up here and his dim is really really good regardless of what he says about it.
    A hero gets back up"

Spinach, from "The House of Spinach"? If that's the same builder, then I already know that the dim will be amazing! I'll definitely check it out.

Oh, now that's a great idea, build a village along side the walls of DC! Do it! Consider yourself challenged!

WOW this is amazing. I tried to do something similar on my alt and gave up. I love this so much! I can't wait to check it out when the servers are back up.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Agrona77 View Post
    Spinach, from "The House of Spinach"? If that's the same builder, then I already know that the dim will be amazing! I'll definitely check it out.

Oh, now that's a great idea, build a village along side the walls of DC! Do it! Consider yourself challenged!
    lol ya he tore his old structure down and built this really wicked colosseum. His overall diameter is small than mine but his has so many levels, and cool little things to see.

His makes me think of this lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FI1ylg4GKv8
    A hero gets back up"

Quote Originally Posted by Geriko View Post
    lol ya he tore his old structure down and built this really wicked colosseum. His overall diameter is small than mine but his has so many levels, and cool little things to see.

His makes me think of this lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FI1ylg4GKv8
    Oh wow, cool deal! I hope servers are back up when I get home! I am very excited now to check out your and Spinach's arenas!!!!!!

Plane Touched

Any questions on either of them can be pm'd to Dekkard@Faeblight
    A hero gets back up"

Soulwalker

Nice !I It's a great job

I just visited and wow!

Introducing: The Colosseum (Faeblight)-2013-07-31_163015.jpgIntroducing: The Colosseum (Faeblight)-2013-07-31_163027.jpgIntroducing: The Colosseum (Faeblight)-2013-07-31_163042.jpgIntroducing: The Colosseum (Faeblight)-2013-07-31_163101.jpg

I love how you made the spikes, area with the beasts down below and well everything! I don't think it's bland at all. Those trees are so annoying... interfering with the building.
    Last edited by Litzy; 07-31-2013 at 12:36 PM.

Plane Touched

I so wish I could remove them trees, would have made the training pits look much better. Instead I have these block pillars that look really random just to hide the coconuts
    A hero gets back up"

Nice job.

RIFT Fan Site Operator Feendish's Avatar

I visited this one and Spinach's arena. Both of them are very well done. Great work!
    Dimensions on Greybriar and Zaviel

Baradara@Greybriar

I also visited both arenas (yours and Spinach's). I was blown away by your colosseum! Where do you even start a project of that size. Everything looks so precise! It's an amazing architectural feat! Well done, very well done.

I also loved the arena build by Spinach! I really, really dig the fighting pit and it looked like something out of Conan the Barbarian!

Amazing builds, both of them.

+ Reply to Thread