+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree8Likes
  • 2 Post By DimensionDiva
  • 4 Post By Zyonyx
  • 2 Post By Feendish

Thread: Proposal : Convertable Dimension items , resources , plat , gold etc.

Soulwalker

Default Proposal : Convertable Dimension items , resources , plat , gold etc.

Considering most of the drive surrounding dimensions (not to mention most cash shops) revolve around vanity and creating something people can see , it might be a wise choice to add things into the game that people can place in their respective dimensions which showcase their or their guilds wealth / resources

I propose that resource items could be converted into dimension items in a scalable fashion. IE there could be a model for 99 of a certain resource all the way to a 1000 amount or more - which could be then picked up and "used" to return it into its respective resource.

Platinum could be the same way , Xfer 500 - 10,000p into various models , like piles of shiny coins , stacks of ingots , piles of coins with shiny gems etc. Then used to return the value of the item to the player.

IE

1000 Rhenium bars / ore could = a dimension item like a large shiny mountain of Rhenium bars , that could be placed into a dimension. this item could then be picked up when needed and converted back into the resource it represented.

The same could go for platinum. Varying degree's of quantity could have various interpretations as a dimension item. IE 100plat could create a dimension item of a small stack of platinum coins. , 100 Chrysoprase could create a small pile of gemstones , while 1000 platinum coins or 500 could each have a different model reflecting the increase in amount.

I would also like to propose dress able mannequins which could wear armor or weapons and showcase them.

If you do end up putting the above into game - make sure the gold or resources actually SHINE and the gems look like gems.

Could be applicable to the cash shop as well. Perhaps create "Loadable" models of platinum etc. that you have to "fill" with a certain resource or amount of platinum in order to place in your dimension. These could then be "emptied" , placing the item back in your inventory along with the "stored" resources. essentially providing a visual representation of ingame resources and wealth.

An interesting notion, although putting game currency into Item form is risky at best. the other items such as resources isn't a bad Idea for personal dimensions but for guild dimensions. You're begging to be robbed. guild banks cover that just fine.

RIFT Fan Site Operator DimensionDiva's Avatar

Dress-able mannequins would be fantastic! Spudkin's Fantastic Functional & Frivolous Fashions will open for business the following day!
    Last edited by DimensionDiva; 07-31-2013 at 09:21 AM.

My wacky weird (and mostly old) dimensions are tagged (diva) on Wolfsbane, Zaviel,
    Brutwacht, and Gelidra. I love to visit dimensions, so please invite me to see yours!

Dimensioneers already convert all of their platinum into dimension items. We don't need another platinum sink. What we need are better platinum generators. But, this is unlikely to happen since the introduction of credits.

Personally, I find anything that screams "look how much money I have" to be nothing more than e-peen stroking, and kind of a turn off from a dimensional standpoint. Great, you can afford that 2400p item. But, does it actually have a place in your overall design? If not, then buy 2400p of useful items and impress me with what you do with them. Forgive me if a sound a little jaded, but I've seen far too many dimensions that had no reason for existing beyond the owner setting up every expensive or rare item they could find for the sole purpose of just having them. Give me a tiny dimension with something actually artistic and creative, and a massive one full of just objects, and I'll take the first one every time.

There is some merit to your idea, though. I think it would be great if guilds could get certain dimension items based upon their achievements. Something that says that they've gained a certain level, beat certain dungeons or raid, closed X amount of rifts or participated in Y number of zone events, etc.

RIFT Fan Site Operator Feendish's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Zyonyx View Post
    Dimensioneers already convert all of their platinum into dimension items. We don't need another platinum sink. What we need are better platinum generators. But, this is unlikely to happen since the introduction of credits.

Personally, I find anything that screams "look how much money I have" to be nothing more than e-peen stroking, and kind of a turn off from a dimensional standpoint. Great, you can afford that 2400p item. But, does it actually have a place in your overall design? If not, then buy 2400p of useful items and impress me with what you do with them. Forgive me if a sound a little jaded, but I've seen far too many dimensions that had no reason for existing beyond the owner setting up every expensive or rare item they could find for the sole purpose of just having them. Give me a tiny dimension with something actually artistic and creative, and a massive one full of just objects, and I'll take the first one every time.

There is some merit to your idea, though. I think it would be great if guilds could get certain dimension items based upon their achievements. Something that says that they've gained a certain level, beat certain dungeons or raid, closed X amount of rifts or participated in Y number of zone events, etc.
    Amen, Zy. I haven't seen a stack of platinum in quite some time. Granted, I love the new shinies. LOVE the new shinies. Shinies, however, don't really mean much if they're just strewn about wherever or hovering in the air.

I love the idea, however, of mannequins. Anything to breathe some kind of life into dimensions, when so many of them just seem to be missing that element of activity.

I've also asked before for items related to achievements, particularly the fishing achievements, since so many dimensioneers fish to acquire items. I have dreams about a trophy for one of my walls that says I went through the grind of Master Trophy Angler (much like the LOTRO trophies, but without the enforced placement rules).

I can see piles of resources lying about a dimension as a point of interest, but at the same time, I'm not really keen on sharing with the world that I have 1000 rhenium bars or 300 chrysoprase.
    Dimensions on Greybriar and Zaviel

Baradara@Greybriar

Quote Originally Posted by DimensionDiva View Post
    Dress-able mannequins would be fantastic! Spudkin's Fantastic Functional & Frivolous Fashions will open for business the following day!
    Wait... you are Spudkin??????? I LOVE YOUR KRAKEN!!!!!!!!! (and your ship! awesome dimension!!!!)

Uhm, what was this thread about? Sorry folks LOL

Oh yea, mannequins would be cool! Also, I agree with Zy and Feendish!
    Last edited by Agrona77; 07-31-2013 at 10:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Agrona77 View Post
    Wait... you are Spudkin??????? I LOVE YOUR KRAKEN!!!!!!!!! (and your ship! awesome dimension!!!!)

Uhm, what was this thread about? Sorry folks LOL

Oh yea, mannequins would be cool! Also, I agree with Zy and Feendish!
    lol! best derail ever! I'm totally in on the mannequins too, I love them in other games I've played.

As far as showing off your wealth, I think a title would be the best way to do that. Star Wars Galaxies had "billionaire" and "millionaire" titles that were actually bought with a million and a billion credits (the ingame currency, not a reference to Rift's store currency). That said, more items that can show profession would be awesome, but not necessarily amount of wealth. I personally would rather give away all my plat than show off how wealthy I am by having specific items in my dimension.

+ Reply to Thread