• 1 Post By Azumia
  • 1 Post By Kiwi
  • 6 Post By Maddori
  • 2 Post By Azumia
  • 3 Post By Maddori
  • 1 Post By Kitasia
  • 1 Post By Azumia
  • 1 Post By Azumia

Thread: Could someone please tell me what this is?

Default Could someone please tell me what this is?

So I was making alts on other servers to dimension hop to get some ideas when I came across this:

I really like the blue effect they have there, but I haven't been able to figure out what item that is. I know it's not actually coming from the pool itself. Could anyone help me? :>
    Last edited by Azumia; 07-29-2013 at 04:09 AM.

If it makes a humming noise, then those are probably glowing sourcestone spheres or chunks. It could also be the new colored sphere's from the cash shop, those don't make a sound, but they still glow (at least I think, since I have only used the sourcestones before).

I had my sound turned down, so not sure about a humming noise.

It didn't look like the same glow as the sourcestone spheres to me. I should probably have mentioned that the blue glow was moving around, as opposed to just being a stationary glow that the sourcestones would give. :<

Quote Originally Posted by Azumia View Post
    I had my sound turned down, so not sure about a humming noise.

It didn't look like the same glow as the sourcestone spheres to me. I should probably have mentioned that the blue glow was moving around, as opposed to just being a stationary glow that the sourcestones would give. :<
    Oh if it was moving then it was probably a water menhir. That's the only thing I can think of with movement. You can also drop the builder of the dim a mail. Most dimensioneers are happy to talk about their creations.
    Last edited by Agrona77; 07-29-2013 at 05:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Agrona77 View Post
    Oh if it was moving then it was probably a water menhir. That's the only thing I can think of with movement. You can also drop the builder of the dim a mail. Most dimensioneers are happy to talk about their creations.
    I tried the water menhir and unfortunately that wasn't it either. :<

Thank you for your help though! I'll definitely try sending them mail asking them if they could tell me what it's called. :>

From the looks of the SS, I'd have to agree with Agrona's first answer. It does look like spheres/sourcestones. The glow they give off comes out in waves, so that combined with the motion of the water's surface might be giving the impression of movement.

One other possibility that came to me while typing this... aren't there Guardian and Defiant menhir's available from a PvP quest or something? I know the ivory menhir gives off a glow, but not sure about those others I mentioned. If so, it might be the Guardian version.

RIFT Fan Site Operator

Quote Originally Posted by Zyonyx View Post
    .. aren't there Guardian and Defiant menhir's available from a PvP quest or something? I know the ivory menhir gives off a glow, but not sure about those others I mentioned. If so, it might be the Guardian version.
    Yes their are Guardian Sourcestone.

I have an old article here: Click for: PvP Dim Item Article RDD

I will be updating a list soon as people have transferred but congrats to Distine@Seastone who now has both sourcestones on one char after faction changing. On Deepwood "Good Squad" guild have both in their guild Dim and Aldy@Deepwood featured in this article who was the first to complete this achievement now has the Defiant in his "Acheesement Valley" Kestrals Dim and will have both soon also.

Yes updates needed & incoming...
    Last edited by Kiwi; 07-29-2013 at 06:34 AM.

So I was making alts on other servers to dimension hop to get some ideas when I came across this:

I really like the blue effect they have there, but I haven't been able to figure out what item that is. I know it's not actually coming from the pool itself. Could anyone help me? :>
    Those are a few Guardian Sourcestones underneath a Terrace Pond. It's one of my dimensions, so I know for sure ;)
    Last edited by Maddori; 07-29-2013 at 06:30 AM.
    Lils@Greybriar

65 Rogue/Dimension Addict

Thanks for the responses everyone! Super disappointed that I won't be able to get any without paying a fortune, since I play Defiant. :<

Quote Originally Posted by Maddori View Post
    Those are a few Guardian Sourcestones underneath a Terrace Pond. It's one of my dimensions, so I know for sure ;)
    I spent all night last night looking at all your dimensions and they're INCREDIBLE. The Temple of Light one is just amazing. :>

Thanks for the responses everyone! Super disappointed that I won't be able to get any without paying a fortune, since I play Defiant. :<

I spent all night last night looking at all your dimensions and they're INCREDIBLE. The Temple of Light one is just amazing. :>
    Thanks! I'm glad you enjoyed them. I love making dimensions, and it makes it even better when someone else can find enjoyment from them.

To get free sourcestones, you can create some alts on Seastone, and search for Distine's dimension. You can go in and get one per day, per character. Then you can lvl up to 15 and transfer the character will all the sourcestones to your home shard.

You can also see if a friend on your home shard will invite your Seatone alt to their dimension and set permissions to allow friends to place items. That way, you can place all your sourcestones, then have the friend pick them up and give/mail them to your main so you don't have to transfer your Seastone alt.
    Lils@Greybriar

65 Rogue/Dimension Addict

If you can find a dim with the quest for the stones you can make a alt on that shard and just visit it every day tell you have enough and transfer it to your shard I believe no shame gaming had one in there guild dim its on hailol atm. I have see a few others around also just have to lok for them . if you can find one on the server your on you can do it on all your alts depending on how many alts you have you can earn up to 12 a day.

Quote Originally Posted by Maddori View Post
    Thanks! I'm glad you enjoyed them. I love making dimensions, and it makes it even better when someone else can find enjoyment from them.

To get free sourcestones, you can create some alts on Seastone, and search for Distine's dimension. You can go in and get one per day, per character. Then you can lvl up to 15 and transfer the character will all the sourcestones to your home shard.

You can also see if a friend on your home shard will invite your Seatone alt to their dimension and set permissions to allow friends to place items. That way, you can place all your sourcestones, then have the friend pick them up and give/mail them to your main so you don't have to transfer your Seastone alt.
    WHOA; This is amazing, thank you so much. I would have never known you could even do anything like that.

I was sitting here trying to figure out an alternative way to make a pool similar to yours in that screenshot I posted and now I don't have to! :>

Quote Originally Posted by Kitasia View Post
    If you can find a dim with the quest for the stones you can make a alt on that shard and just visit it every day tell you have enough and transfer it to your shard I believe no shame gaming had one in there guild dim its on hailol atm. I have see a few others around also just have to lok for them . if you can find one on the server your on you can do it on all your alts depending on how many alts you have you can earn up to 12 a day.
    Awesome, I actually play on Hailol right now, so I'll check there as well! :>

+ Reply to Thread