+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree43Likes

Thread: Bloody Sky Arena: Faeblight

RIFT Fan Site Operator Feendish's Avatar

Default Bloody Sky Arena: Faeblight

This is an entry into the contest sponsored by Kiwi and the folks over at RiftScene:

http://forums.riftscene.com/index.ph...details/?p=371

Thank you for sponsoring this competition! I love player sponsored contests, I think they're by far the best (and in no way is this a shameless plug because I've sponsored my own ). I had no intention of entering this contest, because I'm not much of a PvPer anymore, until Kiwi mentioned something and the light kicked on with 1000 watts!

I started with grand plans for the Colisseum, and threw that one out fairly quickly. Then it was the Circus Maximus, and that one went quickly, too, lol. Another burst of inspiration hit when I started looking at Google Images and saw a picture of Nagrand Arena from another game.

Win or not, this dimension was totally worth it just for the memories it brought back, of the wee hours on Sunday mornings sitting in Iraq, running arenas with my buddies when mission and latency allowed. Usually 2 v 2, 3 v 3 if we got lucky, and if we got really lucky, 5 v 5. This arena in particular is modelled after Blade's Edge, with the bridge (modified), line of sight breaks, and ground clutter to maneuver around, so situational awareness is helpful!

This arena is open to the public, it has been tested for functionality, to include a fistfight, courtesy of a couple of helpful guildies.

High aerial view: http://s1314.photobucket.com/user/Fe...tml?sort=3&o=6

The mistress of ceremonies sits here: http://s1314.photobucket.com/user/Fe...ml?sort=3&o=12

Weapon and armor repair available on site: http://s1314.photobucket.com/user/Fe...ml?sort=3&o=16

The preparation area, where all amenities are provided: http://s1314.photobucket.com/user/Fe...ml?sort=3&o=13

Feel free to use the warm-up yard, talk to management about placing wagers as well as pricing for the chance to feast with the Champion after the bout!

Please note that there is a rule of no fighting in the neutral areas, and that rule is strictly enforced.

Character: Shorteee. Shard: Faeblight. Dimension: Edge of Infinity. I hope anyone who stops by enjoys their visit!
    Last edited by Feendish; 07-29-2013 at 02:22 AM.
    Dimensions on Greybriar and Zaviel

Baradara@Greybriar

Can't you make at least one terrible dimension so us mere mortals can feel good about ourselves?

Loved everything about this dim. It really gives the impression that the scene is "in motion", and that a big event is about to take place.

Quote Originally Posted by Zyonyx View Post
    Can't you make at least one terrible dimension so us mere mortals can feel good about ourselves?

Loved everything about this dim. It really gives the impression that the scene is "in motion", and that a big event is about to take place.
    Get out of my head, Zy!!!!!!!!!!!! Sheesh! LOL

@ Feendish: Your builds always, always take my breath away and I don't even DARE to compare them to my own. LOL The arena looks AMAZING and I really love the background story and the nostalgia this build invokes. Thank you for serving by the way! My ex also did a few tours in Iraq.

I can't wait to check out your amazing arena!

Quote Originally Posted by Agrona77 View Post
    Get out of my head, Zy!!!!!!!!!!!! Sheesh! LOL
    But it's comfy in here!

*looks around*

You could really use a decorator...

Is awesome! I'm about to finish mine...but I think I quit after seeing yours.
    Lils@Greybriar

65 Rogue/Dimension Addict

Quote Originally Posted by Maddori View Post
    Is awesome! I'm about to finish mine...but I think I quit after seeing yours.
    Don't do that! Um, wait, I don't think that's what I meant...

Baradara@Greybriar

Dont hurt me I am just visiting.

Got to see this in game. It's wonderful. The pics don't do it justice at all. I absolutely love the abacus and top area, not to mention the arena itself. I'm in awe =)
    Lils@Greybriar

65 Rogue/Dimension Addict

I visited your arena yesterday! OMG it is AWESOME! One question though, how do I get up to the spectator area?

Love the bridge and the saws underneath it! hahahaha That would make fighting interesting, especially if they could actually hurt a player. hehehehe

As always, amazing build!

I visited your arena yesterday! OMG it is AWESOME! One question though, how do I get up to the spectator area?

Love the bridge and the saws underneath it! hahahaha That would make fighting interesting, especially if they could actually hurt a player. hehehehe

As always, amazing build!
    There's a set of stairs to the left as you head back to the arena, kind of tucked amongst the rocks. I thought I had marked it better, so thanks for that heads' up!

Baradara@Greybriar

Quote Originally Posted by Feendish View Post
    There's a set of stairs to the left as you head back to the arena, kind of tucked amongst the rocks. I thought I had marked it better, so thanks for that heads' up!
    I must have missed those. I'll have to come back tonight and check it out!

Quote Originally Posted by Zyonyx View Post

Just for you, Zy:
    1. Bara's Sanguine Shores dumping ground. At least you can move around in it now.

2. Bara's Shoreward Island.

3, 4, and 5 Feendish's Edge of Infinity, more of an R & D place to test new things and attempts at morphing.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Bloody Sky Arena:  Faeblight-2013-07-30_075308.jpg   Bloody Sky Arena:  Faeblight-2013-07-30_075649.jpg   Bloody Sky Arena:  Faeblight-2013-07-30_075750.jpg   Bloody Sky Arena:  Faeblight-2013-07-30_075820.jpg   Bloody Sky Arena:  Faeblight-2013-07-30_075839.jpg  

Baradara@Greybriar

Psh, dumping grounds don't count, Feendish!

Psh, dumping grounds don't count, Feendish!
    Then he should have specified!

Baradara@Greybriar

Sorry, but Lone Starr's Winnebago disqualifies this as being anything other than more awesomeness.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast