+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Bartender Issues

Soulwalker

Default Bartender Issues

I installed a Dimensional bartender yesterday, but have found that if I leave the dimension for any time and return, the name Nico and <Barkeep> are there, but he is not visible and clicking on the name, table, keg, etc. does not make him reappear. Only when I go into edit and move the bartender setup slightly does he reappear.

Is this just the way he appears to me as the dim engineer or would visitors not find him either? Is this a bug? Any suggestions? I suppose I could trying paying him for his time....

Thanks for any help!

Illis, General Proprietor, Contemplation Point

PS Don't let the free beer issue keep you from checking out the dim, looking for any and all feedback. Thanks!

He might be sinking under whatever surface the bench is resting on, especially if you have it hidden. Try raising it up or maybe placing another solid block underneath it and the area where he stands.

Soulwalker

Thanks! I wondered about that and tried to make sure the table/keg did not go into the floor, but I'll try some additional flooring in that area to see if it helps.

There is an issue with bartenders, questgivers, and dummies. If there is any air at all between them and the ground, they may fall. I think this happens when the NPC loads before the item it rests upon.

Make sure that the floor beneath them is solid all the way down. Anything that you can stand on will work.

Sometimes if they are close enough to the zone in you can put them on a second or raised floor, but with bad lag even this fails. Or may work for the builder but not a visitor with a poor connection.

Shalistiri Mirage : The Light in the Dark : Camp Catari : Dwarven Ladies Club: RP - The Basilicini of Bahralt : Lycini Townhouse : Peter, Peter, Pumpkin Eater : The Paarrrrsing Deck : Fuji Dojo : Cherry Breeze Estate on Faeblight

Soulwalker

Thanks Akhor and Treble, you were both exactly right. The last time I clicked and reset him seems to have done the trick, he has been present the last 4 times I popped in so i think it is stable now. I will leave him strictly alone, other than to request drinks. Go help yourself to one, too! Contemplation Point, where lazy folks go to relax!

Illis, General Proprietor

When I visited yesterday, all I could see were his name and barkeep as well.
    http://forums.riftgame.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=90809&dateline=137690  0590

+ Reply to Thread