• 1 Post By avina
  • 3 Post By Agrona77
  • 2 Post By Zyonyx
  • 1 Post By JohnB

Thread: dumb question

Soulwalker

Default dumb question

Please excuse the dumb question.
    I have a few chars on the same shard, as I think most players do, if I want to share a dimension between them so that I am not replicating the same build for each one but pooling the resources of all my chars to one build, is this possible and if so how do I accomplish this?

don't think it's dumb at all! I'm new too and was wondering the same.

I am not sure what you mean however all your dims a accessible from the alt tab on all of your toons. So no matter what toon your on you can add and pick up and move the items in any of your dims from any toon. With the exception of soul bound items they can only be put down or picked up by the toon that owns the dimension . However you can move the items and size them from any of your alts. So there for you do not have any need to have the same build on multiple alts.

Hope this helps.
    Last edited by Kitasia; 07-27-2013 at 03:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnB View Post
    Please excuse the dumb question.
    I have a few chars on the same shard, as I think most players do, if I want to share a dimension between them so that I am not replicating the same build for each one but pooling the resources of all my chars to one build, is this possible and if so how do I accomplish this?
    Not dumb at all ...we all have this issue, so here's how I do it:
    1) One of my toons has its own Guild, and therefore guild bank (eg: RoseBank)
    2) All my dimension materials are put into the guild bank
    3) All of my other alts are in this Guild (unless I need them in my mains guild)
    4) My Guild Master of RoseBank is a low level toon, one the I'm not interested in levelling.
    5) This GM has ONLY my alts and mains as my FRIENDS
    6) All alts have full bank withdrawal rights to the bank etc (they are all officers)
    7) I also have another account (but thats another story) and the alts there, also are in this guild.
    8) On the 2nd account (remember its F2P now), the alts often have large bags
    9) When I'm building, I bring along a toon from my 2nd account, they have all the stuff that I think I will need in their bags.
    10) Don't forget you can also load a bank or guild bank into your dimension.

And as Kitasia said above, you can access any of your alts dimensions and add to them, etc.

Hope this helps !
    Last edited by RubeyDream; 07-27-2013 at 03:24 PM.

Nothing ventured, nothing gained

I'm not sure if I'm grasping your question correctly, but I'll try to answer what I think you're asking.

I have one builder, my main. She has all of the platinum and has all of the bulk items (like stacks of building blocks, etc) in her bank. My alts provide additional money, crafting resources, and spaces to continue building. All of this was set up before toons could have more than 3 professions, so I have all of my dimension craftables spread out over my alts, with multiples on gathering.

For instance, all of the dims in my sig were built by my main, but two of them actually belong to alts. I do have to use the alts when it comes to soulbound items, but that's really about it. They rarely step inside their own dims.

If you're not in an actual guild, you could start a private one and buy a guild dimension (you can send invites to sign the charter to your alts via the mail). The downside to this is that you cannot use soulbound or account bound items in those, which means none of the items you can fish up would be usable.

As Kitasia said, your alts can access the dimension at any time, so bringing them all under one roof, as it were, is easy.

Edit: Forgot to mention that one of my alts has a dimension for the sole purpose of storing items. A warehouse of sorts where everything is laid out according to type, and I can go in and pick and chose what I need.
    Last edited by Zyonyx; 07-27-2013 at 03:27 PM.

What Kit said, and this guide might also be helpful for basic questions. It's about 6 months old, but still relevant regarding your question and a few others.

Geez, you all are so organized with your materials and alts and all. LOL My mats are all over the place. I tried to create an alt to hold all my building materials, but then I moved her to another server to visit dims. LOL

Now, I have stuff on almost every toon and it's a pain if I'm looking for something.

Oh and I actually do most of my builds on either Aggy or Agrona (even in alt dims), since those are the characters that I play the most. So, it just happens that way.

I really need to organize my inventories... I like the guild bank idea, maybe one of my alts could become a GM lol

@ Zy: Laid out according to type... wow! Impressive organization. I'm usually very organized. Most of my alts dims are in use though. I need a new one and might use your warehouse idea! I wish we could drop stacks of tiles, instead one by one... (yes I use ctrl + D...)
    Last edited by Agrona77; 07-29-2013 at 05:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Agrona77 View Post
    @ Zy: Laid out according to type... wow! Impressive organization. I'm usually very organized. Most of my alts dims are in use though. I need a new one and might use your warehouse idea! I wish we could drop stacks of tiles, instead one by one... (yes I use ctrl + D...)
    Well, to be fair, I should have said "relatively" laid out according to type, lol. It's become a bit of a... cluster... in there since my last build. I got a little lazy. Stuff got dropped wherever. I still know where most things are at a glance, but it's getting to the point that I may need a hoarding intervention...

Soulwalker

Default Many thanks to all

Guilds, warehouses, hmmm, I think I have a lot to do, good job I'm retired.
    Thanks again to all.
    Take care and stay safe.

+ Reply to Thread