+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By MiladyMalady
  • 1 Post By xombii

Thread: So disappointed with the Ember Isles Hot Springs pond...

Default So disappointed with the Ember Isles Hot Springs pond...

And I can't get my 57 credits back -_- just a measly 13 plat.

I was building my sauna and wanted a nice steaming pool right in the center so of course the first thing I buy is the hot spring. BIG mistake! It looks like a crater with no water in it! AND NO STEAM?! What kinda hot spring is this?! Pic...

There is no way to preview it before you buy it so it was a gamble but I thought it'd at least have water in it lol I ended up buying a totally different pond and using volcanic geothermal mounds to make it LOOK hot lol PIC!

I still want my hot spring pond though so I demand a redesign! Make it look like it has WATER and STEAM like a real HOT SPRING please!

One more pic to show that there is simply no water in here just a VERY transparent shimmer that you can't even see unless you're squinting

-_-
    Last edited by MiladyMalady; 07-27-2013 at 09:12 AM.

I'm thinking the issue would likely be resolved if they added some more depth to it. It's just too shallow at the moment. May be if they used the same base as the other pools and just added the hot springs texture to it or something. I had bought one on the PTS before the store came out and was sorely disappointed with it as well.

It's like, do you want your pond to look like it's filled with diluted milk, or do you want it to look like it's empty and growing on the bottom.
    Oh the possibilities 9_9

Hello MiladyMalady,

I also was very disappointed by this item. After much debate I bought another pool as well, with much hesitation at first.

(I must apologize first, for I am not at my pc, to show screen shots...I shall post them this evening)

The reason for this reply...I used the item "tea-pot with steam" for the "hot-springs" look. It seemed to do the trick. I enlarged it as much as it would go, then I sunk it down and placed one small plant to the side of it, and another small rock to the side of another tea-pot with steam.

II hope this may help you. I enjoyed the pic of your dim TY for sharing.
    "No...No, this is NOT like Lincoln Logs at all!" (Meh)
    *Shard: Wolfsbane
    A Reclusive Oasis / RP-Bahmi City Manifesto / Ruins of DavenPort / Section:A-Two/Camp
    (alternate character)- Fuiji: Skalholt Agreement 1935 / Keflavick Forse Base-PvP

Greetings

Here is that pic of my "hot-springs" effect. IDK if it will help you, but...

Have a wonderfull day

http://www.imageshack.com/i/n5zc7ej
    "No...No, this is NOT like Lincoln Logs at all!" (Meh)
    *Shard: Wolfsbane
    A Reclusive Oasis / RP-Bahmi City Manifesto / Ruins of DavenPort / Section:A-Two/Camp
    (alternate character)- Fuiji: Skalholt Agreement 1935 / Keflavick Forse Base-PvP

Plane Touched

A couple tricks you could use is a few teapots with steam and a cauldron with boiling water. Make the teapots as large as possible and then put them on a nice 20-25 degree angle so the steam is not jetting straight out but runs closer to parallel with the pond itself. The cauldron you can play around with it, honestly the "steam" that comes off it reminds me more of smoke but it's handy if you can bury it under some natural decorations (rocks, plants). Finally to make it look like it has some water what I used and my er..client was happy with it was a mix between flower ground cover and some floating lilies. The lilies alone trick the eye into seeing water where on some pc's or some locations there are none.

I hope this helps

If you want to check the dimension that I did it on out let me know. It's on Faeblight but I have no idea what the dimensions name is right now. The owner is Clatua and it's an Empyrial Mill (Sorry if I got that name all wrong lol)

"What is the difference between a "great man" and a "hero"?
    A great man fights until he falls
    A hero gets back up"

Thanks I'll look into that, I already use a couple teapots with steam for my smoke effect from my chimney connected to my stove (you can't see the back of the chimney here but you can see the bottom on the right

Can't believe I didn't think to use the pots on the water lol

+ Reply to Thread