+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree13Likes
  • 2 Post By Illis
  • 3 Post By Feendish
  • 1 Post By Kiwi
  • 3 Post By Akhor
  • 3 Post By Illis
  • 1 Post By Treble

Thread: Dimension Building Newbie Questions (Not about Building One)

Soulwalker

Default Dimension Building Newbie Questions (Not about Building One)

I have tried to locate information on this pretty simple issue and have had no luck, so I ask those with experience - HOW do you exactly get the general public to visit your dimension? I understand the permissions page and how to invite someone specific, but how does the general public find you and gain access?

Do I simply post a notice in game chat on my shard and list the name of my dimension? I see the Public access weekly and all time listings, but when I type my name or the name of my dimension in search, I cannot locate mine; I assume this is because atm, I am at 0?

Many thanks for any assistance.

RIFT Fan Site Operator Feendish's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Illis View Post
    I have tried to locate information on this pretty simple issue and have had no luck, so I ask those with experience - HOW do you exactly get the general public to visit your dimension? I understand the permissions page and how to invite someone specific, but how does the general public find you and gain access?

Do I simply post a notice in game chat on my shard and list the name of my dimension? I see the Public access weekly and all time listings, but when I type my name or the name of my dimension in search, I cannot locate mine; I assume this is because atm, I am at 0?

Most like, yes, because you are at 0 you are not showing up in the top 1000. With the multiple dimensions we have available now, on Faeblight at least (and I'm assuming the other shards as well), new dimensions generally have to have at least 4 votes to show up on the lists.

You can get those votes through alts, through your friends and guild. Using a chat channel like DimensionAddicts@Deepwood is another means of getting a couple of people to visit your dimension and hopefully vote it up, since most of those have to be specifically invited and will not see the lists.

Hope this is helpful.
    Dimensions on Greybriar and Zaviel

Baradara@Greybriar

RIFT Fan Site Operator

Welcome to Dimensions!

If you browse these forums you will see people post here. I also welcome people to post their Dimensions @riftscene.com forums and we also have chat channels in game

(North America) /join dimensionaddicts@deepwood
    (Europe) /join dimensionaddicts@argent

These chat channels people ask each other questions, browse each others dimensions and are a great support as we grrrr over builds.

Ask your guildies and friends understand that your dimension isn't live until the first +1 and then its up to you.

I may include this in an update of my beginners guide for Dimensions and welcome you to take a look if it's of any assistance for anything else "Dimensions for Dummies" Beginners Guide for Rift Dimensions Also check out everyones forum tags they have their dimensions on them & it lures us all in to take a peek, the more active you are out and about including here the more people simply turn up heh.

Have fun!
    Last edited by Kiwi; 07-25-2013 at 02:17 PM.

I usually start out by asking my friends to help me vote up my dimension, having it high on the weekly list is a good start for getting noticed. We all have plenty of alts, so I'm usually in the teens to start. Then I set up a fun ad (for example I'm opening my pool today to advertise a fun place to hang out for summerfest) and hit it in general chat whenever it strikes my fancy, being careful not to spam it too much. I'm also usually watching public chat and trying to be helpful so people might already recognize my name by the time they look at the public list. Hope this helps

Soulwalker

OK, so it is pretty much as I thought, it pays to advertise, within reason of course. I am guildless atm so no help there, will have to do it by word-of-mouth.

I had no idea you could use alts votes to get started, and, based on what Akhor stated, alts can jump in from other shards?

@Anahera - I went right to your sticky post and read it first. I did find some useful information there, this was just not one of the things covered and it would be useful; as you know, there are a number of things in Rift that are not well explained and not necessarily intuitive.

Thank you all for the replies - I am having great fun building my dimension - it is the best "housing" component I have seen in any MMO I've played!

PS If anyone would like to pop in and check it out, it is called Contemplation Point on the Faeblight shard. What I hope is a nice place to rest, relax and uh...contemplate.

I had no idea you could use alts votes to get started, and, based on what Akhor stated, alts can jump in from other shards?
    Your personal alts no, you only see alt dimensions on the same shard. But you can definitely invite friend's alts from other shards as long as they're in the same cluster.

HOW do you exactly get the general public to visit your dimension?
    Honey, let's make a pinky swear now to share the answer when we find it!

I don't have any channels but guild and DimensionAddicts@Deepwood open, so I don't even see where people advertise.

I'll go look at it when shards are back up. Since it's on Fae, maybe 2 or 3 times to help get you on the all time list.

Shalistiri Mirage : The Light in the Dark : Camp Catari : Dwarven Ladies Club: RP - The Basilicini of Bahralt : Lycini Townhouse : Peter, Peter, Pumpkin Eater : The Paarrrrsing Deck : Fuji Dojo : Cherry Breeze Estate on Faeblight

Soulwalker

Thankee kindly - bring yer swimsuit!

+ Reply to Thread