• 6 Post By Caelthas
  • 5 Post By Maddori
  • 1 Post By Jaedor
  • 3 Post By Treble
  • 3 Post By Agrona77
  • 6 Post By Zyonyx

Thread: Fireflies :)

Default Fireflies :)

hi guys i have a question i travel around different shards to check out all the awsome Dimensions you guys are making, and there are so many good ones.
    in many of them i've seen lots of fireflies flying around, and it looks so pretty. one example is the "elemental springs" Dimension on NA shard seastone. ( witch is a very beautiful dim by the way)
    how do you get that firefly effect ? can you buy fireflies somewere, or is it an item that's making them appear ? i want to make some kind of farytaleWoods in a dim, and it would look great With lots of fireflies in it hope you guys can help me

I think what you may be seeing are actually bees from the Bee Hive, which is a very affordable pre-2.3 item. The bees are so small that they can give the impression of almost any small, flying insect, depending on the surrounding scenery.

Now, if these insects are actually lighting up, then I'm completely wrong and have no idea where they come from (but would certainly like to).

RIFT Fan Site Operator

Quote Originally Posted by Zyonyx View Post
    I think what you may be seeing are actually bees from the Bee Hive, which is a very affordable pre-2.3 item. The bees are so small that they can give the impression of almost any small, flying insect, depending on the surrounding scenery.
    Correct! In certain moonlight, sunlight and placing of light beehives can appear pink and firefly like. One of my Moonshade Pools, pools has 30 beehives under the ground.

There are also certain plants and since 2.3 a couple of the older plants have had textures added to them that let off glowing pollen these plants scaled to large size and placed in artful ways hidden in other things can also create a firefly illusion.

And if you place one below a campfire, it looks like crackling wood and snapping sparks.
    Thorin's Halls, Lost Cavern, The Road Less Traveled, Hypnotique, Avalon, Hero's Quest: Belly of the Beast, Avatar v2.0, Promenade Penthouse, Hero's Quest: Sleeping Beauty, Quadradream, Everwinter, Karthan Paradise, Halls of Intoxication, Court of Shadows, Dreamscapes, Lost in Wonderland, Hero’s Quest: Hidden Canyon, Bywater, Sanguine Summer Greybriar Dimension Geek

Also the conquest sky projector has little particle effects that look like firefly's. When I log on I will go and look at the dims you have listed and see if I can identify the object in question.

I stopped by the dim you listed It is the conquest sky projector in that one.

Quote Originally Posted by Anahera View Post
    Correct! In certain moonlight, sunlight and placing of light beehives can appear pink and firefly like. One of my Moonshade Pools, pools has 30 beehives under the ground.
    I had also put the beehives underground in my moonshade I love those little bugs. I hope they will do that with butterfly's and ladybugs and firefly's one day

thank you all very much for Your help thx Kitasia for solving my mystery
    i just tested it in one of my dims, and it was Perfect. best of all, if you don't like the look of that sky you can put another one on top of it. the firefly effect was still there

Quote Originally Posted by Kitasia View Post
    I had also put the beehives underground in my moonshade I love those little bugs. I hope they will do that with butterfly's and ladybugs and firefly's one day
    Beehives work great for sinking into an outhouse toilet too. Really helps produce that Honey Bucket effect =p

Quote Originally Posted by Kitasia View Post
    Omg! Now I'm dreaming of flying critter projectors. We need these, please, Miss Faratha
    Lils@Greybriar

65 Rogue/Dimension Addict

Quote Originally Posted by Maddori View Post
    Omg! Now I'm dreaming of flying critter projectors. We need these, please, Miss Faratha
    Requested! http://forums.riftgame.com/game-disc...ml#post4383597
    Thorin's Halls, Lost Cavern, The Road Less Traveled, Hypnotique, Avalon, Hero's Quest: Belly of the Beast, Avatar v2.0, Promenade Penthouse, Hero's Quest: Sleeping Beauty, Quadradream, Everwinter, Karthan Paradise, Halls of Intoxication, Court of Shadows, Dreamscapes, Lost in Wonderland, Hero’s Quest: Hidden Canyon, Bywater, Sanguine Summer Greybriar Dimension Geek

Quote Originally Posted by Caelthas View Post
    Beehives work great for sinking into an outhouse toilet too. Really helps produce that Honey Bucket effect =p
    Brilliant, but EEEEEWWWW!!!!! Remind me to stick with indoor plumbing!

Shalistiri Mirage : The Light in the Dark : Camp Catari : Dwarven Ladies Club: RP - The Basilicini of Bahralt : Lycini Townhouse : Peter, Peter, Pumpkin Eater : The Paarrrrsing Deck : Fuji Dojo : Cherry Breeze Estate on Faeblight

I also found that some hanging lanterns attract moths when they are lit. However, that effect only happens at night time of course.

Thanks for the beehive tip buried under a fireplace, Jaedor! I can't wait to try that one!

I didn't know about the projector doing that. Will definitely have to keep that in mind, along with some other good ideas floating around in this thread.

Now that I think of it, maybe "floating around" wasn't the best choice of words, given Caelthas's outhouse idea...

"awesome idea Jaedor...for the campfire"
    I am not yet much of a morpher...I work on it constantly. That seems like a idea of a morph I may be able to make.
    "No...No, this is NOT like Lincoln Logs at all!" (Meh)
    *Shard: Wolfsbane
    A Reclusive Oasis / RP-Bahmi City Manifesto / Ruins of DavenPort / Section:A-Two/Camp
    (alternate character)- Fuiji: Skalholt Agreement 1935 / Keflavick Forse Base-PvP

+ Reply to Thread