+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree5Likes
  • 4 Post By Iknoweh
  • 1 Post By Feendish

Thread: A dimension contest idea...

Rift Disciple

Default A dimension contest idea...

After rereading some of the backlash from Trion's contest for Three Springs, I had a thought for anyone who wanted to start a new contest. I would myself, only I have zero clout in this community and well, nothing to offer of value.

When the Three Springs contest was in full swing, I had the idea that if a contest had a "kit" that included a limited amount of certain items, the contest could be made fair.

Let's say 25 items that are craftable, for example, 2 x Potion Maker's Cabinet, 6 Metal Planks, 5 Bear Rugs, etc., then at least no real money would "need" to be spent.

Plus the results would be truly creative. The items could be used in any dimension, set apart as a free standing "thing", morphed in any way, but free from the surrounding environment, as in, could be put anywhere. For example, a car, a fountain, a statue, a four poster bed. Maybe have the restriction that all pieces in the kit must be used.

This would also probably produce a ton of Toolbox Loaded sets.

Just an idea.

RIFT Fan Site Operator Feendish's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Iknoweh View Post
    After rereading some of the backlash from Trion's contest for Three Springs, I had a thought for anyone who wanted to start a new contest. I would myself, only I have zero clout in this community and well, nothing to offer of value.

When the Three Springs contest was in full swing, I had the idea that if a contest had a "kit" that included a limited amount of certain items, the contest could be made fair.

Let's say 25 items that are craftable, for example, 2 x Potion Maker's Cabinet, 6 Metal Planks, 5 Bear Rugs, etc., then at least no real money would "need" to be spent.

Plus the results would be truly creative. The items could be used in any dimension, set apart as a free standing "thing", morphed in any way, but free from the surrounding environment, as in, could be put anywhere. For example, a car, a fountain, a statue, a four poster bed. Maybe have the restriction that all pieces in the kit must be used.

This would also probably produce a ton of Toolbox Loaded sets.

Just an idea.
    A contest very similar to this one--or quite possibly identical--is already in the works by another member of the community. Sort of like the dimension Thunderdomes, but player-sponsored. I'm not the sponsor, so I don't feel at liberty to say much more about it than that, because I don't know all of his rules yet.
    Last edited by Feendish; 07-24-2013 at 08:45 AM.
    Dimensions on Greybriar and Zaviel

Baradara@Greybriar

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Feendish View Post
    A contest very similar to this one--or quite possibly identical--is already in the works by another member of the community. Sort of like the dimension Thunderdomes, but player-sponsored. I'm not the sponsor, so I don't feel at liberty to say much more about it than that, because I don't know all of his rules yet.
    Perfect! Hopefully this will be a trend.

I had a similar idea pop into mind last weekend so maybe it's trending! I'd love to see more contests that sponsor creativity and talent.
    Thorin's Halls, Lost Cavern, The Road Less Traveled, Hypnotique, Avalon, Hero's Quest: Belly of the Beast, Avatar v2.0, Promenade Penthouse, Hero's Quest: Sleeping Beauty, Quadradream, Everwinter, Karthan Paradise, Halls of Intoxication, Court of Shadows, Dreamscapes, Lost in Wonderland, Hero’s Quest: Hidden Canyon, Bywater, Sanguine Summer Greybriar Dimension Geek

+ Reply to Thread