+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree5Likes
  • 2 Post By Drynaut
  • 1 Post By Gaylor
  • 2 Post By Feendish

Thread: Why Aren't Dimension Items Collectible?

Default Why Aren't Dimension Items Collectible?

As in, you could just right click and have a menu for them to all be stored in (allowing stacks of course), then you could just choose from this menu when placing them down in dimensions? Seems kind of weird when everything else works that way lol.

It'd also be nice when you want to use the same item in more than dimension. Unless there's some other way that's possible.

I like your idea Drynaut.
    I also would like dimensions to NOT be soul bound! I have some great items for one char I would really like to have for another...We can only hope for changes
    "No...No, this is NOT like Lincoln Logs at all!" (Meh)
    *Shard: Wolfsbane
    A Reclusive Oasis / RP-Bahmi City Manifesto / Ruins of DavenPort / Section:A-Two/Camp
    (alternate character)- Fuiji: Skalholt Agreement 1935 / Keflavick Forse Base-PvP

Quote Originally Posted by Drynaut View Post
    As in, you could just right click and have a menu for them to all be stored in (allowing stacks of course), then you could just choose from this menu when placing them down in dimensions? Seems kind of weird when everything else works that way lol.

It'd also be nice when you want to use the same item in more than dimension. Unless there's some other way that's possible.
    LOVE this idea, with only the one caveat. You shouldn't be able to pull out copies of the item if you have only one. It's more than a little immersion-breaking, to me, to be able to buy a single wood plank, for example, and construct an entire house with it. Or buy one chair and place it in multiple dimensions at the same time..

Otherwise, absolutely love your idea!
    Last edited by eveleaf; 07-25-2013 at 05:18 AM.
    ~~If you like to protect players, roll a tank. If you like doing damage, roll a dps. If you want the power to choose who lives and who dies, it's probably a good thing you're playing a video game.~~

RIFT Fan Site Operator Feendish's Avatar

More than anything being collectible, I would like the unique identifier to be removed from the Dimension keys themselves. I have 12 active dimensions, but they are much the same thing: 2 Faen's Retreats, 2 Edge of Infinity, 3 Moonshade Pools, 3 Vengeful Sky and a couple of randoms all by their lonesome. With the ability to have 10 active per toon, I would love to be able to consolidate a little bit more with the barren dimensions I very much prefer to build in.
    Dimensions on Greybriar and Zaviel

Baradara@Greybriar

Quote Originally Posted by eveleaf View Post
    LOVE this idea, with only the one caveat. You shouldn't be able to pull out copies of the item if you have only one. It's more than a little immersion-breaking, to me, to be able to buy a single wood plank, for example, and construct an entire house with it. Or buy one chair and place it in multiple dimensions at the same time..

Otherwise, absolutely love your idea!
    I suppose, I was talking using a copy of the same item for different dimensions.

Like if you have 3 dimensions but only one cool item you'd like to have in them. Or w/e.

+ Reply to Thread