+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree57Likes

Thread: Black Flower Shrine: Faeblight

RIFT Fan Site Operator Feendish's Avatar

Default Black Flower Shrine: Faeblight

A reproduction of a real world building, set in the Lodi Gardens of Delhi, India. The Tomb of Mohammed Shah is pictured here:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi..._Garden%29.JPG

Indian architecture is beautiful not just for the structural styles, but for all the embellishments on the architecture, that give it such wonderful life. My attempt at a copy of this deceptively simple and beautiful building is set in Edge of Infinity, on the toon Whatchacallit.

The front entry:
    http://s1314.photobucket.com/user/Fe...tml?sort=3&o=5

The shrine: http://s1314.photobucket.com/user/Fe...tml?sort=3&o=4

Thank you to the visitors that have already come by for their comments and suggestions.
    Dimensions on Greybriar and Zaviel

Baradara@Greybriar

Holy **** !!!!

Great use of centaur cage doors. Gorgeous!
    Lils@Greybriar

65 Rogue/Dimension Addict

Quote Originally Posted by Kitasia View Post
    Holy **** !!!!
    I think this sums up everything I wanted to say.

Quote Originally Posted by Zyonyx View Post
    I think this sums up everything I wanted to say.
    Lol, thank you. This was quite possibly the hardest thing I've ever built. Thankfully, I had a bunch of materials left over from Crowned by Stars, the Sophia's reskin and what I bought for the guild hall. It's a very small dimension, but I was going for detail over size.

Baradara@Greybriar

... ...

Yea, I'm absolutely speechless, because those pictures took my breath away!

Feendish, you should be Architect of the Century!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HOLY WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!

Awesome build. I like that this one is different in the lighting and style details, and you really nailed the architecture. Well done!
    Last edited by Jaedor; 07-24-2013 at 06:37 AM.
    Thorin's Halls, Lost Cavern, The Road Less Traveled, Hypnotique, Avalon, Hero's Quest: Belly of the Beast, Avatar v2.0, Promenade Penthouse, Hero's Quest: Sleeping Beauty, Quadradream, Everwinter, Karthan Paradise, Halls of Intoxication, Court of Shadows, Dreamscapes, Lost in Wonderland, Hero’s Quest: Hidden Canyon, Bywater, Sanguine Summer Greybriar Dimension Geek

Very nicely layed out!

Feendish, everything you do is beautiful and inspired. You continue to amaze me with what is possible in the hands of a talented and creative individual. This project is so exquisite words fail me at describing its loveliness. I will just say your version makes the original look like a mud hut! I urge everyone to try to visit in person as the pictures (beautiful as they are) do not do full justice to this masterpiece!

Quote Originally Posted by Ellekat View Post
    Feendish, everything you do is beautiful and inspired. You continue to amaze me with what is possible in the hands of a talented and creative individual. This project is so exquisite words fail me at describing its loveliness. I will just say your version makes the original look like a mud hut! I urge everyone to try to visit in person as the pictures (beautiful as they are) do not do full justice to this masterpiece!
    Elle...I don't know what to say. Thank you so much for this kindness, and for making me feel a lot better about a lot of things to do with dimensions. Three hugs through the Internetz for you!

Baradara@Greybriar

Wow, that's incredible.. Next time I log in, I need to check this out
    GALUHAD
    CSTM - Faeblight (RP - NA)
    Dimensions: Elven Retreat | Floods of Isengard (PvP)
    Twitter | Twitch | YouTube

See, this is why I just should stop visiting this forum and checking out other people's dimensions... I keep finding these beyond incredible builds that make everything that I've done and am planning look completely trivial. I can't even begin to grasp the creativity that goes into something like this. Figuring out how to build a perfectly spherical dome structure like this alone is beyond me.
    "I am a leaf on the wind, watch how I soar!"
    -- Hoban Washburn

Quote Originally Posted by Ernbrecht View Post
    See, this is why I just should stop visiting this forum and checking out other people's dimensions... I keep finding these beyond incredible builds that make everything that I've done and am planning look completely trivial. I can't even begin to grasp the creativity that goes into something like this. Figuring out how to build a perfectly spherical dome structure like this alone is beyond me.
    If you haven't yet, download and learn to use Dimension Toolbox. It makes accomplishing building designs achievable. While you still need creativity to pull off something like this, with Toolbox, the placement become easy.

Feend, great work! I know you've said in the past you're not the biggest fan of creating structures, and prefer focusing on landscaping. While I like landscaping, it's always a secondary attraction for me. Seeing you knock out a phenomenal structure puts a big dopey grin on my face. Cheers on a killer construction!

@ Embrecht: The domes are very simple, especially with the Toolbox addon, but even manually, they are not that difficult. The Necropolis arch makes a perfect dome, with wonderful detailing on the interior and exterior. If you use the addon, you can use 30 of them, on a 12.5 degree offset, but there are some gaps in a couple of places. To be on the safe side, I use 36, on a 10 degree offset, and raise each .001 from the previous so there isn't any flicker.

As far as creativity goes, the people who built the original tomb in 1444 did that work for me, so all I had to do was figure out how to copy it. Every person who takes the time to build and create a dimension is creative even if they don't see it themselves, and no person's work should ever be discounted. I love seeing what other people have created, and it never fails that I run into dimensions all the time that make me want to tear everything down and wish I'd never started this addiction in the first place because they are that good.

@ Caelthas: I'm being converted rapidly to the structural side of the house. I still love me some landscaping, but buildings are rapidly displacing flowers in my affections (perhaps because building blocks are just barely cheaper than the flowers now). All the same, I'm glad to make you smile.

Baradara@Greybriar

Good grief, I just had a durr moment

Click on first picture: real building
    Second picture: why is it the same building again when he said he built it?
    Back to first picture: something is different
    Back to second: HOLY **** THAT IS HIS BUILDING

#1 building 2013, amazing!!!!
    RGI@Deepwood --- <-Hello Kitty->
    [A Stick]
    King of Conquest

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast