+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 19
Like Tree56Likes

Thread: Joining Rift Dream Dimensions Team

  1. #1
    Plane Walker Treble's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    441

    Default Joining Rift Dream Dimensions Team

    Have just made my inaugural post over at riftdreamdimensions.com!

    I'll be periodically examining items and compiling examples of what kind of morphs it can be used in. I hope to initially cover old items and some of their classic uses to help out new builders.

    The first item up: the humble butter churn.

  2. #2
    General of Telara Jaedor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    985

    Default

    Awesome! I hope you'll have a blast and thanks in advance for all the great stuff you'll do.
    Thorin's Halls, Lost Cavern, The Road Less Traveled, Hypnotique, Avalon, Hero's Quest: Belly of the Beast, Avatar v2.0, Promenade Penthouse, Hero's Quest: Sleeping Beauty, Quadradream, Everwinter, Karthan Paradise, Halls of Intoxication, Court of Shadows, Dreamscapes, Lost in Wonderland, Hero’s Quest: Hidden Canyon, Bywater, Sanguine Summer Greybriar Dimension Geek

  3. #3
    RIFT Fan Site Operator Feendish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    3,035

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Treble View Post
    Have just made my inaugural post over at riftdreamdimensions.com!

    I'll be periodically examining items and compiling examples of what kind of morphs it can be used in. I hope to initially cover old items and some of their classic uses to help out new builders.

    The first item up: the humble butter churn.
    Nice article about the humble butter churn, particularly for those of us who are terrible at morphing.
    Dimensions on Greybriar and Zaviel


    Baradara@Greybriar

  4. #4
    Champion Zyonyx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    505

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Feendish View Post
    Nice article about the humble butter churn, particularly for those of us who are terrible at morphing.
    *Looks at Feendish*

    *Looks at the list of amazing morphs created by Feendish*

    *Looks at Feendish again*

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zf7KWzbczw8



    Dang it... Grats Treble!
    Last edited by Zyonyx; 07-23-2013 at 06:21 PM. Reason: They say the mind is the first thing to... something or other...

  5. #5
    Ascendant Agrona77's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    US
    Posts
    2,856

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Treble View Post
    Have just made my inaugural post over at riftdreamdimensions.com!

    I'll be periodically examining items and compiling examples of what kind of morphs it can be used in. I hope to initially cover old items and some of their classic uses to help out new builders.

    The first item up: the humble butter churn.
    I like to use it as a toilet brush! hahahahaha

    Grats Treble and what a neat idea to examine the use of various, mundane items!

  6. #6
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    118

    Default

    This is awesome idea and great article.

    Can I suggest the next item? The Burlap Sack.

  7. #7
    Rift Disciple Litzy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    149

    Default

    What a clever idea! Treble I will be following your posts! Mind if I share your post on my site?
    Last edited by Litzy; 07-24-2013 at 09:58 AM.

  8. #8
    Plane Walker Treble's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    441

    Default

    Thank you all for your support! It means a lot to me. <dabs eyes with tissue>

    I would be happy to do my next article on the burlap sack. I know I already have a good number of these in use.

    I'll only be posting pictures of morphs I've personally been able to make. If I miss one of your favorite uses of something, feel free to point it out and add your own snap shot! I hope to be able to help people get their wheels turning.

    Litzy, I would be pleased and flattered if you would share my post. Just ask Kiwi if there's any special thing she wants you to do, she's still the boss of RDD. ;)

    Shalistiri Mirage : The Light in the Dark : Camp Catari : Dwarven Ladies Club: RP - The Basilicini of Bahralt : Lycini Townhouse : Peter, Peter, Pumpkin Eater : The Paarrrrsing Deck : Fuji Dojo : Cherry Breeze Estate on Faeblight

  9. #9
    RIFT Fan Site Operator
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    4,934

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Treble View Post
    Litzy, I would be pleased and flattered if you would share my post. Just ask Kiwi if there's any special thing she wants you to do, she's still the boss of RDD. ;)
    Lol "The Dream Team" is a collaboration to inspire our Community. I source you, you ask me, I say this, you say ooo and I say aaaa. The rest is all You. Anyone is welcome to link from RDD any post or article in it's original form or with credit to its Author/Creator.

    Thanks Litzy Amity is an angel absolutely worth sharing.

  10. #10
    Champion Akhor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    587

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Treble View Post
    Thank you all for your support! It means a lot to me. <dabs eyes with tissue>

    I would be happy to do my next article on the burlap sack. I know I already have a good number of these in use.

    I'll only be posting pictures of morphs I've personally been able to make. If I miss one of your favorite uses of something, feel free to point it out and add your own snap shot! I hope to be able to help people get their wheels turning.

    Litzy, I would be pleased and flattered if you would share my post. Just ask Kiwi if there's any special thing she wants you to do, she's still the boss of RDD. ;)
    I made a soup spoon out of my butter churn! Love this article and am really looking forward to more! Not sure if you plan to do fishing items but I'd love to see more uses for the desk scales, this is the best thing I've come up with for it, lol
    Joining Rift Dream Dimensions Team-2013-07-24_180929.jpg

  11. #11
    Rift Disciple Sibenice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    132

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Akhor View Post
    I made a soup spoon out of my butter churn! Love this article and am really looking forward to more! Not sure if you plan to do fishing items but I'd love to see more uses for the desk scales, this is the best thing I've come up with for it, lol
    If you wouldn't mind telling me... What did you use to make the soup part of that? I was trying to do the same thing with the boiling cauldron (butter churn included!) but couldn't find anything that fit well.

  12. #12
    Champion Akhor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    587

    Default

    That is actually the desk scale I was referring to (fished item from Brevanic chests). I just nestle the scale part into the pot so it blends with the rim, the mushroom is a recent addition since I didn't like grass growing in my kitchen

  13. #13
    Plane Walker Treble's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    441

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Akhor View Post
    I made a soup spoon out of my butter churn! Love this article and am really looking forward to more! Not sure if you plan to do fishing items but I'd love to see more uses for the desk scales, this is the best thing I've come up with for it, lol
    Yes, fishing and crafted items are high up on the list of things I want to include. Especially since they are relatively easy to get and I want to be sure they're on the radar of people who returned for F2P.

    Thanks for the spoon! Now you have me wondering if I could angle one or two in a pot well enough to show the scooping part of the spoon and not just the handle. Why did they give a huge spoon transmog item but no dimension spoon? Only Trion will ever know!

    Shalistiri Mirage : The Light in the Dark : Camp Catari : Dwarven Ladies Club: RP - The Basilicini of Bahralt : Lycini Townhouse : Peter, Peter, Pumpkin Eater : The Paarrrrsing Deck : Fuji Dojo : Cherry Breeze Estate on Faeblight

  14. #14
    General of Telara Jaedor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    985

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Akhor View Post
    I made a soup spoon out of my butter churn! Love this article and am really looking forward to more! Not sure if you plan to do fishing items but I'd love to see more uses for the desk scales, this is the best thing I've come up with for it, lol
    Attachment 12681
    Love that soup kettle! I generally use desk scales as a pair of matched pedestals when scaled to max and when scaled to smallest, as kitchen and bath hardware. I used up a lot of scales in City Library but even more in Bywater.
    Thorin's Halls, Lost Cavern, The Road Less Traveled, Hypnotique, Avalon, Hero's Quest: Belly of the Beast, Avatar v2.0, Promenade Penthouse, Hero's Quest: Sleeping Beauty, Quadradream, Everwinter, Karthan Paradise, Halls of Intoxication, Court of Shadows, Dreamscapes, Lost in Wonderland, Hero’s Quest: Hidden Canyon, Bywater, Sanguine Summer Greybriar Dimension Geek

  15. #15
    Champion Akhor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    587

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jaedor View Post
    Love that soup kettle! I generally use desk scales as a pair of matched pedestals when scaled to max and when scaled to smallest, as kitchen and bath hardware. I used up a lot of scales in City Library but even more in Bywater.
    Oh thanks! I've actually been trying to figure out hardware for my showers, I'll have to try this

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts