+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree7Likes
  • 1 Post By Jaedor
  • 1 Post By Maihes
  • 4 Post By DimensionDiva
  • 1 Post By Maegwynn

Thread: Is there a way to remove default trees?

Soulwalker

Default Is there a way to remove default trees?

I am new to RIFT and its amazing decorating!

I just bought a Moonshade Pools. I have seen multiple screenshots where there aren't trees in the places where my version has trees. A few really inhibit the potential building of houses. Since there are mushrooms that can remove ground plants, I was wondering if there is any way to get rid of small trees in a similar way?

If there isn't, how do you work around trees poking up through your houses?
    Last edited by Xija; 07-17-2013 at 08:51 AM.

There isn't anything yet that removes trees but lots of folks are hopeful we'll get one. In the meantime you can: add a different tree on top of the existing one for a different look, hide a tree with a rock, outcrop or mountain, build around it or incorporate into your build.

In my Moonshade, I built the house around a tree! Have fun
    The Road Less Traveled, Hypnotique, Hero's Quest: Belly of the Beast, Avalon, Doubleohhseven's Avatar v2.0, Promenade Penthouse, Hero's Quest: Sleeping Beauty, Mabhe's Quadradream, Everwinter, Karthan Paradise, Halls of Intoxication, Court of Shadows, Dreamscapes, Lost in Wonderland, Hero’s Quest: Hidden Canyon, Bywater, Sanguine Summer
    Greybriar Dimension Geek

Soulwalker

Thank you for the suggestions! That is helpful!

I hope we get one as well! Do they add new deco items fairly often? Since I'm new I have no idea! lol

I would love a tree-removal thing. There are many times where trees are JUST in a spot I don't want them to be, and I'd rather just remove them entirely. In Moonshade, there's a tree on the upper flat area where I placed my main house (using the stonefield tavern building as the base), and the scraggly little tree near the southern (I think) hillside sticks up through the deck slightly. I ended up having to put a little dwarf octagon wall around it and drop a flowering bush on the part sticking up through the deck, to make it look like a planter.

I was visiting the Three Springs dim last night, and I have sooo many ideas for it, but I'd LOVE to be able to get rid of a tree or two...

Plane Touched

Default tree removal needed

They really do need to make a tree fungus item that removes trees.

RIFT Fan Site Operator DimensionDiva's Avatar

Lumberjack mushroom?

My wacky weird (and mostly old) dimensions are tagged (diva) on Wolfsbane, Zaviel,
    Brutwacht, and Gelidra. I love to visit dimensions, so please invite me to see yours!

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by DimensionDiva View Post
    Lumberjack mushroom?
    Termite mounds :-D
    Dimensions on Brutwacht by Alliandre, Luisa, Alliendre, Kattima, Samrahia, Jaodya, Maegwynn, Guild "Stadtwache", Guild "Mules", Guild "Schlumpftastisch" - NEW: Schlumpfhausen-The Smurfs (Alli), owner guild Schlumpftastisch

I'm rather partial to a bulldozer myself

Active Dimensions - Mupi's Home

I'm voting for Beavers!! Maybe they can then use the fallen trees to build me some dams!

+ Reply to Thread