• 3 Post By Akhor
  • 2 Post By Jaedor
  • 3 Post By Maddori
  • 3 Post By avina
  • 1 Post By Agrona77
  • 1 Post By Zyonyx

Thread: Hero's Quest: Hidden Canyon

Default Hero's Quest: Hidden Canyon

I'm not one to promote my builds very much but I had a really good time on this last one and it was made specifically with explorer type players in mind. While playing around with some of the new ginormous building blocks in Faen's, I was inspired to create a secret canyon and backstory it with a common theme from myths and legends out of history, The result is Hero's Quest: Hidden Canyon.

As the name implies, you - the hero - discover you've stepped off the map and into a hidden canyon. There aren't any obvious paths or roads but there are a few signs of life, like the torches and a pair of obelisks. There are also signs that other explorers found the location a bit too challenging. Proceeding carefully at times seems like a prudent idea...

Link to album here: http://imgur.com/a/3I7z5

Enjoy
    The Road Less Traveled, Hypnotique, Hero's Quest: Belly of the Beast, Avalon, Doubleohhseven's Avatar v2.0, Promenade Penthouse, Hero's Quest: Sleeping Beauty, Mabhe's Quadradream, Everwinter, Karthan Paradise, Halls of Intoxication, Court of Shadows, Dreamscapes, Lost in Wonderland, Hero’s Quest: Hidden Canyon, Bywater, Sanguine Summer
    Greybriar Dimension Geek

This looks like a lot of fun! I love dimensions that encourage exploring I'll have to come check it out!

I finally made it to the temple!

Hero's Quest: Hidden Canyon-2013-07-16_115641.jpg

It was as fun as it sounded a nice Indiana Jones feeling with just enough lights and plants to show you where to go next without feeling like a "path"

What item gave off the incense like smoke? It looks really awesome!
    Last edited by Akhor; 07-16-2013 at 02:04 PM.

Incense is a combination of unlit burner, snow mound, carved wood pole and candle smoke from a tiny offering table. Glad you liked it and hope it felt epic when you finally got to the treasure!
    Last edited by Jaedor; 07-16-2013 at 02:32 PM. Reason: typo
    The Road Less Traveled, Hypnotique, Hero's Quest: Belly of the Beast, Avalon, Doubleohhseven's Avatar v2.0, Promenade Penthouse, Hero's Quest: Sleeping Beauty, Mabhe's Quadradream, Everwinter, Karthan Paradise, Halls of Intoxication, Court of Shadows, Dreamscapes, Lost in Wonderland, Hero’s Quest: Hidden Canyon, Bywater, Sanguine Summer
    Greybriar Dimension Geek

RIFT Fan Site Operator Feendish's Avatar

Normally, I'm not too much of an explorer type, but you might have converted me.

You struck gold with this dimensions, Jaed. Your enthusiasm for the project carried over into the quality of the build and you did an excellent job with both concept and execution. The rickety bridges literally made my stomach drop.
    Dimensions on Greybriar and Zaviel

Baradara@Greybriar

Im a little scared to visit looks like a awful lot of people have died visiting from its awesomeness.

This dimension is, without a doubt, one of the most beautiful of all the Faen's Retreats I've visited. I was so lost in wonder at the landscaping around the pool I almost missed the main attraction on high, a floating temple in the sky! It is a gorgeous work of art!

OMG Jaedor!!!!!!! I can't wait to visit your dimension, my explorer heart is in love already!

Love the idea of the Hidden Valley. I always love to get off the beaten path in my games, to go explore what lies beyond the next mountain!

Right on, sister!

Looks to be my new favorite fishing spot
    Dims on Greybriar: izydoesit- Fus Ro Dah / freakyfreak- River Gods / amorica- Izy n Sons
    Ideas worth trying. *Please take them and make them even better.*

Quote Originally Posted by Kitasia View Post
    Im a little scared to visit looks like a awful lot of people have died visiting from its awesomeness.
    If fall damage was still on I would be one of them :O

Thanks everyone for all your kind words! Hit me up for a cross shard invite if you want to try your hand at acquiring the treasure of Hidden Canyon. *muahahahaha*
    Greybriar Dimension Geek

I really hope this inspires more adventure oriented dimensions. I had a blast climbing my way through the beautiful layout. Great work!
    Lils@Greybriar

65 Rogue/Dimension Addict

Very fun. Great job, thanks!!!

I went yesterday, found a dead guy in a tent, but never made it to the Temple. I fell a few times off your rickety bridges! LOL I'll have to come back tonight and take all your treasure! hehehe

What a great idea, Jaedor! I really liked the way you lit up the path with the torches, just like in the game! Awesome dim! I had a blast and man, you certainly gave Faen's a total make over!!

Last edited by Agrona77; 07-19-2013 at 06:02 AM.

Very cool concept!

+ Reply to Thread