+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Like Tree106Likes

Thread: Why not! Another Contest!!

Default Why not! Another Contest!!

Requirements are small dimension, only new builds and finally and lastly no houses Want to give ya'll a challenge. Open to all Shards!

The theme is summertime

It will go on until Sept 22nd, the first day of fall, so you have tons of time to build and think.

Rewards :
    3rd place - 1 REX
    2nd place- 2 REX
    1st place - 4 REX

Good luck can't wait to see what you come up with.

Kit
    Last edited by KitennKaboodle; 07-15-2013 at 07:28 PM.
    Dimensions 'used to be' cheaper than sims now I can't afford to buy any real furniture!

RIFT Fan Site Operator Tamarama's Avatar

Ohhh nice contest. By small dimensions, you mean the 200 item ones and can we upgrade to 400 items?

Better Homes and Dimensions - A blog just for Dimensions.

Quote Originally Posted by Tamarama View Post
    Ohhh nice contest. By small dimensions, you mean the 200 item ones and can we upgrade to 400 items?
    Yes and you can go up to the 400 limit I don't want to hinder anyone too much. I just love to see the creativity that happens
    Dimensions 'used to be' cheaper than sims now I can't afford to buy any real furniture!

I may try entering this one if I get my current projects finished (or stumped lol) with enough time to put a good effort into a starter dim I haven't touched any of mine since Beta, unless you count storage... but I love seeing how people can do so much with such limited space! Looking forward to it!

Rift Chaser

Oww... this sounds like fun. I will definitely give it a go.
    Have to clear out the stuff first as it's a storage dimension now. And gather plat for stuff to put in there ;) Ah well I can get creative with the cheaper stuff too ^^

Ideas bubbling already.
    Last edited by Serathe; 07-15-2013 at 09:55 PM.

Oh man! How exciting!

Is there a list of the dimensions by size somewhere? I feel like I've seen one before, but I can't seem to find it .

edit: O wait it seems that maybe the small ones are the 10P options in the store? If so, I'm in!
    Last edited by xombii; 07-15-2013 at 10:33 PM.

Rift Chaser

Looks like the 10P ones can be upgraded quite a bit above 400 in some (all?) casses.

I think starter dimensions Sanguine shores (guardians, I will be using this one) and wardens point (defiant) are the only ones with the 400 max limit item count.

Just so we are sure. Are these the only 2 dimensions that are allowed?
    Or are the 10P (or possibly bigger) ones allowed too, but with a max of 400 items?

Maybe handy to specify the allowed dimensions so there is no unfairness or disappointment in disqualification.
    Last edited by Serathe; 07-16-2013 at 12:29 AM.

RIFT Fan Site Operator Feendish's Avatar

I read this to mean the starter dimensions like Sanguine Shores and Warden's Point. Is this a correct assumption?

If so....thinking cap on!

P.S. It's great to see the player sponsored contests really starting to take off!
    Dimensions on Greybriar and Zaviel

Baradara@Greybriar

RIFT Fan Site Operator

Ooooo something I might be able to enter if time is gracious.

Small scale & big scale competition at the same time to include everyone. Dig it.
    Last edited by Kiwi; 07-16-2013 at 04:48 AM.

Oh sounds great! I have a few characters that still have the starter dims in use! I love that idea and since I'm a "Summer Child" (born in August haha) AND I've been looking for another project, I think this contest is great!

Also I was curious about the no house rule. Does that mean simply no houses, or would that include, say, a mini castle with a livingroom and kitchen? (I didn't have that idea, just throwing it out there.

I had an idea for Dolcega Valley, but if only starter dims are allowed I'll have to scrap that. Is it only warden's point that's allowed?

Just fyi, both factions can obtain the starter dimensions of the opposing faction. The quest giver is neutral so you can have keys to both Sanguine Shores and Warden's Point.
    The Road Less Traveled, Hypnotique, Hero's Quest: Belly of the Beast, Avalon, Doubleohhseven's Avatar v2.0, Promenade Penthouse, Hero's Quest: Sleeping Beauty, Mabhe's Quadradream, Everwinter, Karthan Paradise, Halls of Intoxication, Court of Shadows, Dreamscapes, Lost in Wonderland, Hero’s Quest: Hidden Canyon, Bywater, Sanguine Summer
    Greybriar Dimension Geek

Quote Originally Posted by Jaedor View Post
    Just fyi, both factions can obtain the starter dimensions of the opposing faction. The quest giver is neutral so you can have keys to both Sanguine Shores and Warden's Point.
    That's good to know, cause I'd have to get it on my alt and I didn't want to put her too close to guardian npcs.
    I can't wait till we get the final word so I can start thinking of ideas (since I might already have to scrap the one I have depending on the final word.)

Quote Originally Posted by Serathe View Post
    Just so we are sure. Are these the only 2 dimensions that are allowed? Or are the 10P (or possibly bigger) ones allowed too, but with a max of 400 items?

Maybe handy to specify the allowed dimensions so there is no unfairness or disappointment in disqualification.
    That's Correct

Quote Originally Posted by xombii View Post
    Also I was curious about the no house rule. Does that mean simply no houses, or would that include, say, a mini castle with a livingroom and kitchen? (I didn't have that idea, just throwing it out there.

I had an idea for Dolcega Valley, but if only starter dims are allowed I'll have to scrap that. Is it only warden's point that's allowed?
    No houses at all it's just something I always wanted to see.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast