+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Dimension Border Change Issue - Tuldio Sun Orb

Default Dimension Border Change Issue - Tuldio Sun Orb

Hello all! I am posting this here to ask if anyone else has had a similar issue, and to see if there is a Dimension GM who is able to at least help me feel like my problem has been understood. When I design a dimension the first thing that I do is hop on my magic carpet and check out the border limits so that I can fully use the space to maximum efficiency. I did this when I designed our Tuldio Sun Orb dimension and built a tall and complex structure on one of the edges before the borders for the Tuldio Sun Orb changed, so that now some of this structure is cut off by the border shield. Please see my struggle for assistance below. I would be happy to join a GM in the dimension and give a tour to show the issue and the reason I cannot simply move the structure.

--------------------------------------------------------------------
    On 6/17/2013 12:11 am [Miralos] wrote:

Hello! It seems that the dimension limmits have moved in some of the dimensions! The dimension which I've noticed this in is in the Tuldio Sun Orb, our guild dimension. All of a sudden a tower I built which was a good distance from the dimension barrier wall is overlapping it! It would be impossible to move the tower as it has many pieces and furniture! I'm sure this must be unintended. =o) Please can it be fixed?

On 6/17/2013 12:17 am [Miralos] wrote:

I have found more items which are now outside the dimension wall which definately weren't before! My treetop honey farm!

On 6/19/2013 12:07 am [Miralos] wrote:

I have spent credits to upgrade my Dimension, Shoreward Island, on my alt, Tianyi, twice. The upgrade did not occur either time but the credits were spent. Please help.

On 6/26/2013 12:20 pm [Customer Service] wrote:

Greetings Ascended, Thank you for contacting us in regards to your recent experiences in RIFT. We want to begin by apologizing for the long delay prior to replying to your request for support. We have been positively overwhelmed by the reaction to RIFT over the past two weeks. Due to this overwhelming response, and the number of support requests we have received as a result, we have been unable to provide each request the individual attention that we would like in a timely fashion. We have made a number of updates over the past week, and it is our sincere hope that your issue is no longer outstanding and has since been resolved. In the event that you may have lost or not received an item in-game we understand that often times a short time later you may have acquired that item or a better item in its place. We at Trion are committed to providing you the best player experience and customer support available. With the goal of addressing each of you as quickly as possible, while also hoping to remove these requests which no longer require assistance we have placed your request into a “waiting status”. If you still require assistance with your original issue then please update that request within the next 72 hours with the statement “I still need assistance with my original request” and we will reply to your issue in the order in which it was initially received. To aid us in compensating you for these actions we have applied 750 credits, and the associated loyalty, to your account. Please accept our apologies and continue to enjoy your adventures throughout Telara. Thank you for your continued support of Trion Worlds and RIFT. If you have any additional questions or concerns then please don’t hesitate to let us know. Regards, GM Giant Senior Manager Trion Worlds Customer Support

On 6/26/2013 8:52 pm [Miralos] wrote:

I still need assistance with my original requests. =o) Thank you.

On 7/8/2013 9:14 pm [Customer Service] wrote:

Hello Miralos, Thank you for contacting us regarding RIFT. I apologize for any inconvenience this issue has caused, and I can certainly understand how issues with your dimension could be frustrating. There was an issue with players upgrading dimensions using credits while on an alt, which has since been fixed. I have refunded the 108 credits that were spent due to this issue. In regards to your dimension items moving, unfortunately the game master department is unable to move or revert the position of your dimension items. I will forward this information on to our developers to see what occurred, however they will also be unable to revert the dimension items to the appropriate place. Again I apologize and good luck in RIFT! If you have any additional questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to let us know. Thank you for your continued support of Trion Worlds and for playing RIFT. Your reference number for this ticket is 130617-001154. Sincerely, Senior GM Link Trion Worlds Inc.

On 7/9/2013 2:30 pm [Miralos] wrote:

Hai! Thanks for your response! I do not believe the items have moved as they are in the same position, and the dimension structure appears not to have altered, rather the border of the giant shield bubble surrounding the dimension appears to have moved. This is something that is placed and positioned by TRION. If you have time some time I'd be pleased to show you what I mean by meeting with you in our guild dimension. =o)

On 7/9/2013 2:32 pm [Miralos] wrote:

ps; Don't worry about the delayed response. =o) I'm happy to wait and am pleased to see such a huge influx of players. This is a really great game and you folks at TRION deserve every success.

On 7/9/2013 3:04 pm [Customer Service] wrote:

Hello Miralos! Thanks for the report regarding your Dimension border moving, causing displacement of your placed objects. Unfortunately, this is an issue in which we are unable to provide an immediate fix or workaround for you. Our development team is still in need of information from players, so that they may replicate this issue. The best way to do this is for you to submit a bug report, to explain the issue and how it happened in your own words. To report a bug in-game: 1. Type /cs and press enter or click on the ? icon located in the lower left hand corner of your screen. 2. Click on the Feedback/Bugs tab at the bottom of the dialog box which opens up. 3. Select the category which most closely relates to the issue or feedback you have. 4. Write a detailed description in the appropriate boxes (for bugs, only the "Found a Bug?" box is needed). 5. Left-click the [SEND] button when you are finished. Please know that it is important for the bug report to come from your character. Not only does it allow you to explain the issue in detail, in your own words, it will also automatically attach critical pieces of character information to your bug report for our QA team to review. If you have any additional questions or concerns then please don't hesitate to let us know! Thanks for your continued support of Trion Worlds and for playing RIFT. Your reference number for this question is 130617-001154 Sincerely, GM Aleaugh Trion Worlds Inc.

On 7/13/2013 9:59 pm [Miralos] wrote:

Hai! Thanks for the advice! Of course I will report this as a bug and hope to see a fix for it some time. Until then, I will keep this ticket open as my issue is not solved.

On 7/13/2013 10:08 pm [Miralos] wrote:

ps: As the change to dimension borders has been ongoing for such a long time now, it seems to me that changing it back would only cause more problems and complaints from other guilds who have designed their dimension under these new parameters. Our problem is that the structure we built which the new dimension border overlaps is large, complex, and not easilly moved or easilly rebuilt. I think that a fair compromise would be the provision of credits to our guild master for the purpose of purchasing some new building supplies. The new building supplies are faster and easier to use as they include prefab walls, prefab floors, and prefab windows and doors. Aside from the inconvenience of having our previous structure overlapped by the dimension border, the new dimension borders are better than the old ones.

On 7/13/2013 10:45 pm [Miralos] wrote:

Hello! I have another update! If you google rift plaza aurentine boudary you will find a post in the rift PTS forums noting that a change had been made to the boundaries and that it was an improvement. As this is clearly not a bug I will now not be opening a bug report. http://forums.riftgame.com/general-d...ne-update.html Thank you for your time!

On 7/14/2013 3:08 am [Customer Service] wrote:

Hello Miralos! I appreciate you taking the time to submit this feedback for RIFT. I've forwarded your concerns over to our development team. You will not hear back directly regarding this suggestion, as our development team weighs in on many different suggestions and cannot reply to each one individually. Instead, keep your eyes on the forums for updates where you may see the end result of your suggestion. In the future, you can submit your feedback directly to our development team using our in-game feature. If you have any additional questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to let us know! Thanks for your continued support of Trion Worlds and for playing RIFT. Your reference number for this question is 130617-001154. Sincerely, GM Endtan Trion Worlds Inc.

On 7/14/2013 3:11 pm [Miralos] wrote:

Thank you, but as this is not a development issue I am reopenning my ticket. I fail to see how the development team can deal with the issue of an intended change to the game damaging the layout of our dimension and requiring us to rebuild a significant portion of it. Nor do I see how the development team can answer my request for appropriate compensation for the time and supplies needed for the rebuild. I do not feel that you have taken the time to understand my problem. Perhaps another GM could have a look?

I don't understand. How can you not move the structure?

Quote Originally Posted by xombii View Post
    I don't understand. How can you not move the structure?
    it's large, layered, complicated, and built to fit with and into those surroundings. It's in a nook and used to be flush with the border that now overlaps it. There's no way to select all the walls, innerwalls, multiple stories, and interior decorations to move them together, it's a tower and it's also attached to a series of tree top platforms that were turned into a honeyfarm. The tower itself is aligned and built into a second tower structure that is a two storey restaurant, with a training area on top of it.
    Last edited by Miralos; 07-14-2013 at 10:58 AM.

It would take a lot of pictures to give an idea and still wouldn't really give a full picture. Which is why I encourage a tour! The inner tower includes a kitchen, a sushi bar, an interior lounge, a weapons store room, two floors set aside for bed chambers, a couple of balcony lounges, a hidden storage space, external tower staircase. The furniture is self built and has many parts on it's own.

And I do realize I'm opening myself up to trolls here. Please be gentle. =o)
    Last edited by Miralos; 07-14-2013 at 11:03 AM.

Ascendant

I'm confused sorry. I thought they were pushing the bubble back, not forward.
    Did they shrink the size of the dimension. or just alter where the bubble was?

RIFT Fan Site Operator Feendish's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Miralos View Post

And I do realize I'm opening myself up to trolls here. Please be gentle. =o)

This forum is generally pretty free of trolls, and that's how we like it. I hope your issue gets resolved.
    Dimensions on Greybriar and Zaviel

Baradara@Greybriar

it's large, layered, complicated, and built to fit with and into those surroundings. It's in a nook and used to be flush with the border that now overlaps it. There's no way to select all the walls, innerwalls, multiple stories, and interior decorations to move them together, it's a tower and it's also attached to a series of tree top platforms that were turned into a honeyfarm. The tower itself is aligned and built into a second tower structure that is a two storey restaurant, with a training area on top of it.
    Man, that'd be quite the move, I'm sure you could do it, tho.
    I'd probably save all the pieces (sushi bar/fridge/etc) in toolbox and move it that way as opposed to selecting everything through the dimension item list.

Good luck with all that!

Quote Originally Posted by xombii View Post
    Man, that'd be quite the move, I'm sure you could do it, tho.
    I'd probably save all the pieces (sushi bar/fridge/etc) in toolbox and move it that way as opposed to selecting everything through the dimension item list.

Good luck with all that!
    Sadly toolbox has proven limited in the number of pieces it can remember per construct, and the number of constructs it can hold at a time. It is possible but will take me a fair bit of time and a fair bit of tenacity. Both of which I have but it would be nice if Trion could acknowledge and understand the problem first. I'm not in a hurry so will wait for a proper answer. But to keep having my ticket shut down and fobbed off to the bug department who will be unable to respond to me, and won't be able to do anything because it's not a bug but an intended change... and to have to find all that out myself rather than have it researched by the help team. And then to have the help team seem to dismiss what I've discovered... It's trying my happy-go-lucky state of mind. I do understand that it's an unusual problem, that it can't be solved easily, and even that it may be difficult to understand. I'll be patient in trying to communicate. I may give it until mid-August before I give up and just go ahead and redesign it all with or without some form of understanding or acknowledgement. I'm a bit busy irl until then anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Milyssa View Post
    I'm confused sorry. I thought they were pushing the bubble back, not forward.
    Did they shrink the size of the dimension. or just alter where the bubble was?
    It seems like they altered where the bubble was. Moved it to the side. So it was pushed back on one side, but pulled in on the other side. The wall at the back of the cave I built in the stairwell to the side of the dimension entrance used to be flush with the edge of the dimension. Now there's an enormous amount of space back there leading down more stairs and into an open area with a fountain. It's easy to see why it was thought to be a better border position. It really is, were it not for the fact the dimension had already been released for some time and our dimension had already been built to the old dimension parameters. Most other guilds who had the same dimension seem to have stuck to the floor space that was already existing, where as we build flooring and buildings out the edge of the dimension where there had previously been wasted space. It made the dimension feel much much larger.

This sounds like a very big problem that would take a lot of time to fix. I know threesprings was up on PTS for a while and they had to completely take it off the market and release it later so they could change the position of the green border. The mistake here sounds like the devs simply shifted the border rather than expanding it, so it would be a problem a GM simply couldn't fix, it would be up to the development team changing the border completely so that it includes the new space they intended as well as the old space people may have already built in. I know Faratha frequents this forum so I hope you can get a direct answer from her.

Sadly toolbox has proven limited in the number of pieces it can remember per construct, and the number of constructs it can hold at a time. It is possible but will take me a fair bit of time and a fair bit of tenacity. Both of which I have but it would be nice if Trion could acknowledge and understand the problem first. I'm not in a hurry so will wait for a proper answer. But to keep having my ticket shut down and fobbed off to the bug department who will be unable to respond to me, and won't be able to do anything because it's not a bug but an intended change... and to have to find all that out myself rather than have it researched by the help team. And then to have the help team seem to dismiss what I've discovered... It's trying my happy-go-lucky state of mind. I do understand that it's an unusual problem, that it can't be solved easily, and even that it may be difficult to understand. I'll be patient in trying to communicate. I may give it until mid-August before I give up and just go ahead and redesign it all with or without some form of understanding or acknowledgement. I'm a bit busy irl until then anyway.
    That really sucks I know how that feels to have all that work on the other side. Back when Plaza Aurentine had that lovely hole in the roof, I rebuilt quite a bit of Tempest bay. Unfortunately I didn't take pics cause I wasn't finished. When I came back and saw they patched the hole I was sad.
    I'll try and come visit on my day off, it sounds like a wonderfully detailed piece

I also thought they had extended the range of the bubble in that dim. However if it is a mistake they may not know about it, and posting here is the one place we know they look to see things. I hope the issue gets resolved for you.

Thanks all, for your encouraging responses. I hope you're right and that a Dimension GM sees this post here! Particularly as my ticket was just closed again, I think without reading any of the earlier discussion as it was just a word for word identical advice to open a bug report and instructions as to how. Which is hilarious as it says just a little bit before then that a report was opened and a ticket number was given! I've reopened the ticket again! There's no way I'm clicking 'issue resolved' when the issue hasn't even been understood and certainly hasn't been resolved.

RIFT Fan Site Operator Tamarama's Avatar

Hey Miralos - have you submitted a bug report? It's the programmers who'll need to change the boundry to include your building. Hopefully Faratha can take note but a bug report never hurts.

Better Homes and Dimensions - A blog just for Dimensions.

Quote Originally Posted by Tamarama View Post
    Hey Miralos - have you submitted a bug report? It's the programmers who'll need to change the boundry to include your building. Hopefully Faratha can take note but a bug report never hurts.
    A bug report has been submitted, but it's been made clear that they won't respond to my problem directly and it appears to be have intented change, rather than a bug. Even if it were unintended if they changed it back it would now hurt other peoples dimensions who have built using the new parameters. I've suggested compensation to the guild and given through my guild master - a suggestion which has not been responded to. What they need to say is, 'no'. What they have done, is ignore the suggestion.
    Last edited by Miralos; 07-16-2013 at 06:07 AM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast