+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By Hearte
  • 2 Post By Akhor
  • 1 Post By Maddori
  • 1 Post By Akhor

Thread: Bluebell Haven - Fungal Sanctuary Complete (I think?)

Default Bluebell Haven - Fungal Sanctuary Complete (I think?)

Hey folks. I just started dimensioning, and I'm loving it! I think I'm nearly finished with the fungal sanctuary portion of my current dimension. If anyone has time, I'd appreciate any comments, tips, suggestions, etc. I'm going for a very foliage-oriented theme.

By the way, it looks MUCH better at night, with the glow effects. Thanks!

Dimension: Bluebell Haven
    Owner: Punkinchunks@Deepwood
    Last edited by Hearte; 07-12-2013 at 09:50 AM.

RIFT Fan Site Operator Feendish's Avatar

Would love to visit...have no clue what shard your sanctuary is on.
    Dimensions on Greybriar and Zaviel

Baradara@Greybriar

Ack, fixed, thanks!

Wow, this is unending...I feel like I'm nearly finished, then before I know it, I've spent another 2 hours placing things. If anyone has any suggestions as to how I can elevate myself to gain perspective, I'd love to place more items on the cliff faces of the sanctuary. It's extremely difficult to do so from far away. Should I build some type of temporary scaffolding? It's the Stoneflask Tavern dimension, so there's lots to do above ground. Thanks in advance!

Oh, I'm also wondering how to do a very natural-looking path. I'm thinking mossy stones made to look like cobblestone, clumped together?
    Last edited by Hearte; 07-13-2013 at 07:38 AM.

If you lay a tile to full scale and jump as you lift it you can climb that way. Or if you wanna use addons there's a magic carpet that I hear is perfect for what you're looking for.

I fished up elven stone tables from Stillmoor for my stone path but I saw something today that looks even better. I can't tell what it is but it looks like maybe one of the stone walls flipped upside down? If you have a toon on Shatterbone you can see my path at Serenity Garden Villa or the other I mentioned at Oasis Valley.
    Last edited by Akhor; 07-13-2013 at 08:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hearte View Post

Oh, I'm also wondering how to do a very natural-looking path. I'm thinking mossy stones made to look like cobblestone, clumped together?
    The mossy Angular boulder and leafy Angular boulder have flat bottoms that make perfect little pathing stones when flipped upside down.
    Lils@Greybriar

65 Rogue/Dimension Addict

Yup, just tested the pale mossy wall post and it has a nice mossy cobblestone bottom that's flat. I tested that one cuz it was the cheapest but the wall segments would probably do better for item count.

+ Reply to Thread