+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Frustrated with the active dimension tool

Default Frustrated with the active dimension tool

I'm not sure if this is a bug, or some weird "working as intended" functionality in the active dimension window, but it's seriously ticking me off.

I have two dimension slots, and three dimensions (Faen's Retreat, Sanguine Shores, and just purchased Vengeful Sky).

I would LIKE to put the new one (VS) into the #1 slot, so it's the default one that shows up in the window when I open it.

When I try to click on it to replace the current #1 selection, it gives me the popup window saying "Would you like to replace <dim> with <dim>?" as normal. However, it immediately shunts VS to slot #2. If I do the same thing with both SS and FR it works normally. It just WILL NOT put Vengeful Sky into the #1 slot for some reason. It absolutely refuses to.

Is there any way to actually do this? Is it working off some obscure "must show them in alphabetical order" bs?

It's a minor thing in the grand scheme of things, and thankfully I found this out on a character who I hadn't done a lot of work on a dim with yet -- the thought of it randomly swapping out for a slot other than the one I tell it to, and wiping out days of work just makes me twitchy.

RIFT Fan Site Operator Feendish's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lyria View Post
    I'm not sure if this is a bug, or some weird "working as intended" functionality in the active dimension window, but it's seriously ticking me off.

I have two dimension slots, and three dimensions (Faen's Retreat, Sanguine Shores, and just purchased Vengeful Sky).

I would LIKE to put the new one (VS) into the #1 slot, so it's the default one that shows up in the window when I open it.

When I try to click on it to replace the current #1 selection, it gives me the popup window saying "Would you like to replace <dim> with <dim>?" as normal. However, it immediately shunts VS to slot #2. If I do the same thing with both SS and FR it works normally. It just WILL NOT put Vengeful Sky into the #1 slot for some reason. It absolutely refuses to.

Is there any way to actually do this? Is it working off some obscure "must show them in alphabetical order" bs?

It's a minor thing in the grand scheme of things, and thankfully I found this out on a character who I hadn't done a lot of work on a dim with yet -- the thought of it randomly swapping out for a slot other than the one I tell it to, and wiping out days of work just makes me twitchy.
    The tool puts them in the order received, not necessarily the order you want them. There should be a confirmation window which specifies which dimension you're actually packing up, so you don't accidentally pack up the wrong one.
    Dimensions on Greybriar and Zaviel

Baradara@Greybriar

Quote Originally Posted by Feendish View Post
    The tool puts them in the order received, not necessarily the order you want them. There should be a confirmation window which specifies which dimension you're actually packing up, so you don't accidentally pack up the wrong one.
    That doesn't explain why I can freely swap the first two I picked up between the #1 and #2 slots, but Vengeful Sky CANNOT go into the #1 slot. Like I said, I can easily swap Faen's Retreat (the first dim I got) and Sanguine Shores (the second) between the #1 and #2 slots, but VS absolutely refuses to go into the #1 slot.

Quote Originally Posted by Lyria View Post
    That doesn't explain why I can freely swap the first two I picked up between the #1 and #2 slots, but Vengeful Sky CANNOT go into the #1 slot. Like I said, I can easily swap Faen's Retreat (the first dim I got) and Sanguine Shores (the second) between the #1 and #2 slots, but VS absolutely refuses to go into the #1 slot.
    Because you bought Vengeful Sky after you bought the other two dimension.

So if you have two active dimensions, one of the other two is always going to trump Vengeful sky for the first slot, since you had them first. Hope this helps clear it up.

The only way to make Vengeful Sky first at this point is to buy another dimension and set it as your second active dimension, then set vengeful sky as your first. However, if you want to keep using either of your first two dimensions, they will always be ahead of VS in you active slots.

Sorry it's causing you issues. Try sending feedback about it if it's really something that you can't stand.
    Lils@Greybriar

65 Rogue/Dimension Addict

Quote Originally Posted by Maddori View Post
    Because you bought Vengeful Sky after you bought the other two dimension.

So if you have two active dimensions, one of the other two is always going to trump Vengeful sky for the first slot, since you had them first. Hope this helps clear it up.

The only way to make Vengeful Sky first at this point is to buy another dimension and set it as your second active dimension, then set vengeful sky as your first. However, if you want to keep using either of your first two dimensions, they will always be ahead of VS in you active slots.

Sorry it's causing you issues. Try sending feedback about it if it's really something that you can't stand.
    It's not a major issue, as I said, it's just annoying. It seems like a stupidly-coded system, to be honest, if it bases it purely on the order you picked stuff up. Something like that was clearly coded to work that way on purpose, despite the fact that it's completely nonsensical. Would be much simpler to just let people put any of their dims in whatever slot they wanted.

Oh well.

+ Reply to Thread