+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By KitennKaboodle
  • 2 Post By Chalennaravenmour

Thread: Would love to hear some news :)

Default Would love to hear some news :)

So I'm normally pretty patient, and it has been an intense week with the competition and all, and it was so exciting to get to the end but it is now...quiet!

I am really hoping someone, anyone, from any of the shards, hears something official today from Trion. We all know the finish time was 12pm (midday) PT on the 9th, but I don't think there was a clear communication time; just that the communications team would be in touch.

I know the servers are now down for another couple of hours or so, perhaps they are working on getting the info out to folks too?

Would be really great to start wrapping this up

And yes, so keen to find out if I really will get to see Three Springs soon.

Bella

Default It seems we have been forgotten

Though I should win fairly (I did not buy a single vote and I never would). It seems we have been forgotten. I have been going between elation and sadness. I don't normally win anything. So it would have been/will be a thrill. I have no idea what tense to put these things in.

I understand that it takes time and do not expect to be the first one notified, but I haven't heard of a single person that has. The contest page is still up stating that July9th a 12pm(noon) we would have access to the dimension. ( I did not assume to have it done immediately of course but it is close to 20 hours later and not a comment, not a word. I am starting to worry. Though I know Trion is slow to get to things, just a word would be so very kind.
    Dimensions 'used to be' cheaper than sims now I can't afford to buy any real furniture!

Actually it says that the winner will 'earn' the access at the time, but I didn't take that to mean 'have' access.

I think they need to contact the winners to find out which character you want to receive the key. Obviously a bit more time is needed to contact all and then facilitate that process.

Like you, I am keen to have everything confirmed. I also did not pay anyone anything to vote on my dimension

Bella

As far as I can remember, they are pretty delayed about announcements and such for these things. They may even wait until the next Live Stream to reveal the winners.

I believe the JoD competition was the same way, where the winners had to wait an extra bit after the judging had commenced before receiving any word.

I could be wrong, but I'm about 90% sure that's how it played out then. And they had a lot less on their plates at that time to deal with.
    Lils@Greybriar

65 Rogue/Dimension Addict

I agree that you're likely to have to wait until Friday. They'll probably be visiting winners on the LiveStream.

Thanks Maddori

I am anxious to play with it as my mom comes next Monday and I will barely be able to get on the computer. Man that is gonna be super hard. Back to making jewelry I guess.
    Dimensions 'used to be' cheaper than sims now I can't afford to buy any real furniture!

Quote Originally Posted by KitennKaboodle View Post
    Thanks Maddori

I am anxious to play with it as my mom comes next Monday and I will barely be able to get on the computer. Man that is gonna be super hard. Back to making jewelry I guess.
    I can understand that! If I ever won anything from Trion, I'd be at the edge of my seat till I got my prize, regardless of outlying factors.
    Lils@Greybriar

65 Rogue/Dimension Addict

Thank you for the updates and info. I have never won anything like this, so I am a little bit beside myself actually. If all goes well and I receive a key, I will leave it open for a few days for anyone to come and see, then I will wrap it up under private so I can quietly, privately and without stress work on my next project.

Bella

This might be a little nuts, but I'm pretty excited to see what Yemaya is going to do on Faeblight. MOAR AYACHOR!

Quote Originally Posted by Treble View Post
    This might be a little nuts, but I'm pretty excited to see what Yemaya is going to do on Faeblight. MOAR AYACHOR!
    I'll second that!!!
    Dimensions on Faeblight:
    Gatekeeper's Christmas Cottage, Faerwood Cottage, Sunrise Cottage, Moonglow Cottage (Nym)
    Ozark Mountain Christmas ( Aedrexa)
    Dream Weaver's Palace (Morgeanna)

Rift Disciple

Default Hmm

I wouldn't be surprised if they are back logged but I have a feeling quite a lot of people were probably mailing Trion about the contest (both good and bad) and they are going over those as well.

But I will say this, I won't be entering any more contest's until they decide to fix the current system. I will congratulate everyone who won and for those who cheated your way to those wins, you know who you are so I won't bother with name but CONGRATULATIONS on your win and hope you do something GREAT with your new dimensions. Happy Dimensioning!
    Last edited by Chalennaravenmour; 07-10-2013 at 11:46 AM.

+ Reply to Thread