+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree106Likes

Thread: Dimensionerds Unite!

RIFT Fan Site Operator DimensionDiva's Avatar

Default Dimensionerds Unite!

Dimensionerd. [dih-men-shuh-nurd], noun.
    1. A Rift player who loves, loves, loves dimensions!
    2. A Rift player who is highly creative, and must build and decorate or die!
    3. A Rift player who dreams of building a replica of the Taj Mahal using butterchurns, stone blocks, dragon scales, and Bogling lampposts.
    4. A Rift player who creates dimensions simply because they love it, never for rewards.

I dreamed of a shard dedicated to Dimensionerds, like me. It was designated as a dimension-focused server and you were all there with me having fun! If only such a Nirvana existed. Surely, the hardcore dimension-haters would not be interested in residing on such a server, would they? There would be nobody to converse with them about WoW, bacon, a miniscule upgrade to their PvP ensembles, their latest mind-boggling sexual topic, or nauseating bodily function stories.

While I have certainly met nice, fun players who are uninterested in dimensions, I have almost never met a Dimensionerd I did not like! The general dimension community here is terrific! Sure, there are some vote-buying poopheads who annoy me and caused my dream about a Dimensionerds' shard, but they are definitely not dimension-lovers, they want some reward.

So. even if you do not win the Three Springs Dimension Contest or any other dimension competition, and you do not have [insert ridiculous number here] votes on any of your dimensions, you are all amazing! Keep up the planning, building, demolishing, rebuilding, teeth grinding, adjusting, readjusting, OCD-level readjusting, decorating, hair-pulling, and all that other stuff you do! Dimensionerds RULE.

I guess the only relief for my frustrations with vote buyers and dimension-hating jerks is to turn off the chat channels and keep on building! But I may still dream of the happy place where all of us Dimensionerds played happily ever after!

My wacky weird (and mostly old) dimensions are tagged (diva) on Wolfsbane, Zaviel,
    Brutwacht, and Gelidra. I love to visit dimensions, so please invite me to see yours!

Dimensionerd! Love it!

Your post made me smile. Thank you.

Den of Madness | Greybriar | Den of Badness | Derpwood

Have to admit I chuckled at the term Dimensionerd.
    Myrmidon Xillean Tormeng, Lord of War
    Dimensions: Planar Study Spec: 61/10/5
    PA: 900 | Score: 11120 | Tradeskills: All Grandmastered
    4/4 GP | 4/4 DH | 5/5 GSB | 5/5 RoS Conqueror | 11/11 HK | 2/4 RotP | 1/8 ID
    Characters: Xillean R90, Phantasmal R72, Eylisa R68, Kattie R74

Quote Originally Posted by Xillean View Post
    Have to admit I chuckled at the term Dimensionerd.
    I did too. Definitely a Dimensionerd!
    The Road Less Traveled, Hypnotique, Hero's Quest: Belly of the Beast, Avalon, Doubleohhseven's Avatar v2.0, Promenade Penthouse, Hero's Quest: Sleeping Beauty, Mabhe's Quadradream, Everwinter, Karthan Paradise, Halls of Intoxication, Court of Shadows, Dreamscapes, Lost in Wonderland, Hero’s Quest: Hidden Canyon, Bywater, Sanguine Summer
    Greybriar Dimension Geek

What a wonderful post! The idea of a shard devoted to dimensions is heavenly. I haven't dared to dream so big--I would just settle for a dimension oriented guild!

RIFT Fan Site Operator Feendish's Avatar

Great post! As a proud Dimensionerd (!), this post was a refreshing change from the things that have been said lately. Kudos to you!
    Dimensions on Greybriar and Zaviel

Baradara@Greybriar

so love this and would love a shard for just dimension lovers =) to build, to play /RP to are hearts content even make dungeon dimensions =d from are shard so many many ideas to make and build for the fun and the love of it. =) lol I'd add my them song I thought would be fun dimension example says 10%luck 20%skill ok fine I stink at typing it>< =} but love the added up time that end with 100% to remember the name=)
    Last edited by firebolts; 07-08-2013 at 03:51 PM.

Rift Disciple

This would actually be a really good idea. I would really love a shard that was for nothing but Dimension nerds like us. Plus it would fix the current cluster issue that we are experiencing(ie have to create a character on a different shard because you aren't in the right cluster). I would love for all of us to be on the same shard. Don't get me wrong, I like being on Wolfsbane (its in cluster 2) but it has made it rather difficult to do things with people who are on cluster 1. I shouldn't have to move servers just to have a handful of people check out my dimension.

If they ever do give us our own shard it should be named something like "Dimensioneers Paradise". I am totally exhausted at this point in time and that was the only thing that popped into my head LOL.

Fantastic post, I read it and I laughed, now I know what to call myself!

Oh to have such a dream - I never dreamed so big - but ... I have a dream

Nothing ventured, nothing gained

Quote Originally Posted by DimensionDiva View Post
    I guess the only relief for my frustrations with vote buyers and dimension-hating jerks is to turn off the chat channels and keep on building!
    This is exactly what I've done! And having such a blast with it too

The separate clusters do make me sad I wish I'd taken more time to tour before, I was just so focused on my own stuff. I finally crawled out from the rocks in my own dimensions to be awed by the creative work around me! Which reminds me... time to go make my next alt tourist

Although I'll definitely embrace the title of Dimensionerd (Trion, please make this an actual title! ), the idea of a shard dedicated to us feels a bit isolationist. I also worry that it could eventually lead to a sense of elitism. I really don't know how to explain my reluctance. It's more of a gut feeling than anything else.

I'd actually like to think that all of the shards are dimension shards. Among the NA shards, Necropolis is the only one I haven't seen represented on these forums yet. I honestly didn't think a PvP server like Seastone would have any interest in building them, and I was pleasantly surprised when I was proven wrong.

I also like that we're separated in a sense from each other. It not only provides minor challenges to overcome, it makes visiting feel a little more adventurous, and meeting fellow enthusiasts from other shards a bit more special. The dimensions on Shatterbone are in my neighborhood so to speak. There's little to no effort involved in seeing them. They're right next door. But visiting other shards now and then presents the illusion of a Rift road trip. I get to step away from Taonas and do something else (like swim in Agrona's unswimmable pool, for instance). Not to mention the list of dimensionerds is constantly expanding as new players discover them. We'd likely end up having to have more than one shard in the long run anyway.

Did any of this make any sense?

Soulwalker

Love it, I'm changing my guild note today.

Quote Originally Posted by Zyonyx View Post
    Although I'll definitely embrace the title of Dimensionerd (Trion, please make this an actual title! ), the idea of a shard dedicated to us feels a bit isolationist. I also worry that it could eventually lead to a sense of elitism. I really don't know how to explain my reluctance. It's more of a gut feeling than anything else.

I'd actually like to think that all of the shards are dimension shards. Among the NA shards, Necropolis is the only one I haven't seen represented on these forums yet. I honestly didn't think a PvP server like Seastone would have any interest in building them, and I was pleasantly surprised when I was proven wrong.

I also like that we're separated in a sense from each other. It not only provides minor challenges to overcome, it makes visiting feel a little more adventurous, and meeting fellow enthusiasts from other shards a bit more special. The dimensions on Shatterbone are in my neighborhood so to speak. There's little to no effort involved in seeing them. They're right next door. But visiting other shards now and then presents the illusion of a Rift road trip. I get to step away from Taonas and do something else (like swim in Agrona's unswimmable pool, for instance). Not to mention the list of dimensionerds is constantly expanding as new players discover them. We'd likely end up having to have more than one shard in the long run anyway.

Did any of this make any sense?
    Dimensionerd!!!!!! YES, that's me!!!!!!! I told my friend the other day, I totally forgot how to fight, I can only decorate now! LOL

However, I agree with Zyonyx. We need to spread the love and share our creations with every shard. I think it's awesome that we represent every shard here and that we can actually visit each other.

It's like a movement that MUST be shared. I consider our dimensions like fine art that should not be hung in a dusty corner, only to be admired by a selected few. It's like writing a book that you want to publish, because you want to transport your audience to a world of wonder.

So, we should make every effort to lift the spirits of our fellow players, by opening up our dimensions to the world and inviting everyone, builder or not builder, dimensionerd or dimesionoob.

OMG I feel like I'm holding a revolutionary speech hahahahaha...

Anyway, great post! Made me smile and LOVE my new title!

A wonderful post, just the kind we need more of!!
    A title would actually be quite cute yup

Offical Dimensionerd signing in

Nice post Love the word!
    Seltara ~ Defiant

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast