+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By Iorwen

Thread: Shangri-La, Blightweald EU

Default Shangri-La, Blightweald EU

I spend all my time and resources daily on building a beautiful tranquil place.
    There is yet plenty of work left to do in here, and I do not insist my dimension is any better than any others, simply I have taken effort to create a beautiful place to chill out in.
    I intend for it to be simply relaxing, open to everyone as a place to meet and to socialize. I have a pub, floating islands and a village and it looks very magical at 'night'. I also have challenging climbing platforms up the side of the dormant core walls.

Please come with an open mind and open heart.

I made this beautiful from my own soul.
    Everyone has a different spin on reality, different ways to do things, different tastes and expectations, but this is my creation, and I hope you like it.
    I am not normally a competitive person, but I am using this opportunity to share my retreat from the world with you all.

I am a dimension enthusiast, really this is what interests me more than anything else in the game, so please drop by.

I will be holding a party tomorrow afternoon (Tue 9th July) in the pub featuring fireworks and a raffle.

'Shangri-La is a fictional place described in the 1933 novel Lost Horizon by British author James Hilton. Hilton describes Shangri-La as a mystical, harmonious valley, gently guided from a lamasery, enclosed in the western end of the Kunlun Mountains. Shangri-La has become synonymous with any earthly paradise, and particularly a mythical Himalayan utopia — a permanently happy land, isolated from the outside world. In the novel Lost Horizon, the people who live at Shangri-La are almost immortal, living years beyond the normal lifespan and only very slowly aging in appearance. The word also evokes the imagery of exoticism of the Orient. In the ancient Tibetan scriptures, existence of seven such places is mentioned as Nghe-Beyul Khimpalung.
    Khembalung is one of several beyuls ("hidden lands" similar to Shangri-La) believed to have been created by Padmasambhava in the 8th century as idyllic, sacred places of refuge for Buddhists during times of strife (Reinhard 1978).

Many scholars believe that Shangri-La is Shambhala, a mythical kingdom in Tibetan Buddhist tradition, which was sought by Eastern and Western explorers.'
    Last edited by Iorwen; 07-08-2013 at 05:19 AM.

+ Reply to Thread