+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree4Likes
  • 2 Post By Mals
  • 2 Post By Charlice

Thread: Making Lemon-aid (from the contest)

Default Making Lemon-aid (from the contest)

This contest is exciting in that there are prized. It is sad however in it has soured the dimensions community and brought out of the worse of human behaviour (scarcity and competition does that). It has also increased cross shard awareness of dimensions and communications between dimension engineers (both good and bad). I think there is a way to take some of the sourness out of this mess.

Instead of there just being a lone first prize per shard (winner take all) give the key to the top five dimensions. It cost next to nothing for Trion to do that. Have a second prize of dimension box for those in sixth to tenth place. For most shards it means most of the super active folks will at least get something. And if you really want to make dimension engineers smile give the first five a title like "Dimensioneer" and the six through tenth "Junior Dimensioneer". You can do other spins on that title for the future. There are all sorts of word to put in front on Dimensioneer. ;-)

I know that will not resolve some of the nastiness that has been going on, but it means that those who played fair will still win something and be acknowledged in their efforts.

What do you think?
    Dangerous when amused... and you are funny.

My thoughts are it wouldn't matter what Trion did, someone would find fault with it. Plus top one, top five, I don't think it would make a difference to the folk paying for votes, as it stands now.

I just hope they release the Three Springs key, right after this is over and the people that have paid for votes, are too broke to buy it.

Den of Madness | Greybriar | Den of Badness | Derpwood

Quote Originally Posted by Charlice View Post
    My thoughts are it wouldn't matter what Trion did, someone would find fault with it. Plus top one, top five, I don't think it would make a difference to the folk paying for votes, as it stands now.

I just hope they release the Three Springs key, right after this is over and the people that have paid for votes, are too broke to buy it.
    I do not think there is anything that will make everyone happy, so best to focus on making the most people happy. There is a lot of anger out there, and rightly so. I blame Trion more for not thinking this through than I blame the vote buyers. I am unhappy with the unintended consequences. I figure giving a few more prizes might make this lemon a little less bitter for a few more people who tried so hard to play fair.

If they ever do hold another dimension contest I hope they learn from this and approach it very differently.
    Dangerous when amused... and you are funny.

Quote Originally Posted by Mals View Post
    I do not think there is anything that will make everyone happy, so best to focus on making the most people happy. There is a lot of anger out there, and rightly so. I blame Trion more for not thinking this through than I blame the vote buyers. I am unhappy with the unintended consequences. I figure giving a few more prizes might make this lemon a little less bitter for a few more people who tried so hard to play fair.

If they ever do hold another dimension contest I hope they learn from this and approach it very differently.
    I don't know what we'd all think was fair. I don't see them giving away 5 per shard, with this competition, any better than them giving away one. I boggle that players are actually giving away rex in some cases. I don't even know why people would want a +1 that was paid for.

There's no way Trion could judge it, (if we had to enter), there'd be just far too many to judge.

I feel sorry for Trion on this one lol. It just makes me sad that in most cases/shards, the nicest dim won't win.

Den of Madness | Greybriar | Den of Badness | Derpwood

I think we all need to bear in mind that the Threesprings key is only exclusive for a short amount of time.

So what is the motivation to win and to get it first?

It's because a newly released dimension will get more +1s, even nearly empty, because people want to check it out. In a way it's fitting that the people who want Threesprings for more +1s prove that they have the ability to get +1s.

+ Reply to Thread