+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree32Likes

Thread: Risen from the Mist: Faeblight

RIFT Fan Site Operator Feendish's Avatar

Default Risen from the Mist: Faeblight

Many have heard of the ancient temple in the storm-swept valley, but few have ever lived to tell the tale of finding it...or it's treasures.

Never before have I been so inspired by a project that I started really developing a backstory for it. Inspired by the Hanging Gardens of Babylon (with a Feendish take on it), this massive, open-air temple rises from a misty valley in brilliant splendor.

The entry: http://s1314.photobucket.com/user/Fe...tml?sort=3&o=8

Serene reflecting pools and shrines shielded by the storms, wrapped in a cocoon of verdant life: http://s1314.photobucket.com/user/Fe...tml?sort=3&o=6

http://s1314.photobucket.com/user/Fe...tml?sort=3&o=9

Architecture to evoke another time and another place: http://s1314.photobucket.com/user/Fe...tml?sort=3&o=0

http://s1314.photobucket.com/user/Fe...tml?sort=3&o=1

The guardians of serenity, appeased through offerings of wine and gold: http://s1314.photobucket.com/user/Fe...tml?sort=3&o=4

Shelter from the storm: http://s1314.photobucket.com/user/Fe...tml?sort=3&o=2

I hope the images are enjoyed as much as the creation itself. For those interested in seeing it in person, it is on the character Feendish, on Faeblight.
    Last edited by Feendish; 07-07-2013 at 05:23 PM.
    Dimensions on Greybriar and Zaviel

Baradara@Greybriar

You should trademark the term "Feendish Splendor" it fits all your work perfectly

Which dim is this? I can't tell from the pictures.

Awesome, the arches are quickly becoming my favorite item. So many different things you can do with them.

Quote Originally Posted by Akhor View Post
    You should trademark the term "Feendish Splendor" it fits all your work perfectly

Which dim is this? I can't tell from the pictures.
    You just made my day, Akhor!

It's Vengeful Sky.

Baradara@Greybriar

When you said the other night that you had a lot of arches you weren't kidding! Gonna be checking it out as soon as I log in. The Bungalow too!

OMG and yes, Akhor is soooooo right! Feendish Splendor fits your style PERFECTLY!

Wow, Feendish you come up with the most wondrous creations! When I log into the game tonight, this dim will be my first stop! I LOVE it.

Another great Dim by the master!

I'm telling you, you really need to become an architect, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Zyonyx View Post
    Another great Dim by the master!

I'm telling you, you really need to become an architect, lol.
    You're making me blush. The necropolis arch made doing that structure possible, if I made all those--which I started to do--the item count wouldn't allow half of what was done.

The thing that really got me was the dome made from the arches. The interior pattern made me think of the classical domes. I liked it so much I even replaced the dome in Crowned by Stars--and saved nearly 60 pieces on the item count, because 36 arches is more pleasing than 104 life platform leaves.

But thank you for the compliments. These statements are way better than any number of +1's.

Baradara@Greybriar

Wow, you took some of my very favorite items and made them into pure awesome.
    Lils@Greybriar

65 Rogue/Dimension Addict

Quote Originally Posted by Maddori View Post
    Wow, you took some of my very favorite items and made them into pure awesome.
    Pfft. Look who's talking.

Baradara@Greybriar

Bij

Default Love it!

That's quite beautiful and inspiring to see! I think my favorite is actually the gardens beds made in the pools, though that dome is intricate and epic.

Thank you for sharing!

Another beautiful dimension!

I stopped in for a visit today, so many arches! and even walking through it I could hardly believe I was in that harsh cold dimension that is Vengeful Sky. I had to look really hard through the canopy to see the flashes of light illuminating the rocks to believe you! Very wonderful transformation, and the rain gives an awesome effect with the lightning sounds.
    Last edited by Akhor; 07-10-2013 at 12:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Akhor View Post
    I stopped in for a visit today, so many arches! and even walking through it I could hardly believe I was in that harsh cold dimension that is Vengeful Sky. I had to look really hard through the canopy to see the flashes of light illuminating the rocks to believe you! Very wonderful transformation, and the rain gives an awesome effect with the lightning sounds.
    Thank you so much. Jaedor said I should name it "Fun with Arches," but that got shot down pretty quickly, lol.

Baradara@Greybriar

I interrupted the master at work, when my friend and I came to visit!

What an amazing place, Feendish! I'm draggin' my friend around to visit all these wondrous dimensions and I've told her about your outstanding creations! The first place I took her was to see your Sophia. We have been to many dimensions now, all across the servers (NA and EU lol)

We were thoroughly impressed by your latest work of art! And you know what, I usually find the lightning in Vengeful Sky rather disturbing, but I hardly even noticed it while visiting your beautiful place. It actually felt rather peaceful and serene!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast