+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree4Likes
  • 2 Post By DLPS
  • 1 Post By Akhor
  • 1 Post By Aldwyn

Thread: Deepwood Dimension Jumping Puzzle Contest!!!

Rift Disciple

Default Deepwood Dimension Jumping Puzzle Contest!!!

Grand OpeningTerrible Idea's Dimension
    Jumping Puzzle!!!!!

Starting invites at 1:30pm (Server Time) on Deepwood.

Prize to reach the end of the puzzle not 1 BUT 2
    REX: Gift Exchanges to the winner and 1 REX:: Gift Exchange to the 2nd place person!!!!!

Eligibility for prizes is that you are able to +1 our Guild Dimension!!!

Hope to see you all out there to find out who is the best jumper in Telara.

The White Wizard hopes to see you there!!!

RIFT Guide Writer RoughRaptorsOld's Avatar

You should probably add rules so that you can't use memory capture and similar abilities...it's what I do because it's simply unfair to any other participants.

Rift Disciple

Default Level those alts

Quote Originally Posted by Aldwyn View Post
    Grand OpeningTerrible Idea's Dimension
    Jumping Puzzle!!!!!

Starting invites at 1:30pm (Server Time) on Deepwood.

Prize to reach the end of the puzzle not 1 BUT 2
    REX: Gift Exchanges to the winner and 1 REX:: Gift Exchange to the 2nd place person!!!!!

Hope to see you all out there to find out who is the best jumper in Telara.

The White Wizard hopes to see you there!!!

Level those alts to lvl 10 and come join in on the fun!!!!

Rift Disciple

Default Yep

Quote Originally Posted by RoughRaptors View Post
    You should probably add rules so that you can't use memory capture and similar abilities...it's what I do because it's simply unfair to any other participants.
    Correct mr.raptors rules will be given out and moderated and watched no one will have an advantage over anyone regardless of level, class, role.

Correct mr.raptors rules will be given out and moderated and watched no one will have an advantage over anyone regardless of level, class, role.
    Unlike the owners of dims with plenty of plat/rex to bribe their way to the top.

I can't hold my tongue any longer on this - how is everyone else feeling about competitions like this during this dimension comp week?

I would much rather see a fun competition like this than pure buying of votes. Considering people do this kind of thing even when there isn't a contest I hadn't even thought about the Threesprings contest when I read this. I would join in but player made puzzles aren't really my thing, especially after the frustrating jump puzzles in Terraria lol. Also since the requirements to join the competition are to be of voting "age" rather than making sure each person has voted before they compete is more fair in my opinion it is still up to the participants to vote if they enjoyed themselves, which I think is great!

I don't see how that in order to enter you must +1 their dimension is seen as somehow fair in the context of the current dimension comp. Perhaps I am just overtired and not seeing this clearly.

After this competition is over I may catch up on some sleep.

Quote Originally Posted by Aldwyn View Post
    It doesn't say "you must vote to participate" it's merely stating that you need to be level 10 so you have the ability to vote. Sounds much more open ended to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Akhor View Post
    It doesn't say "you must vote to participate" it's merely stating that you need to be level 10 so you have the ability to vote. Sounds much more open ended to me.
    The sole reason they're doing this is for +1's. It's poor wording, but chances are they will require you to actually +1 their dimension. What other reason would they have for making that a requirement?

Rift Disciple

Default Success

SUCCESS!!!!!!!!

The whole puzzle and dimension was a great success. People came in looked around and the competition to get to the end of the puzzle was epic. Tons of failures, tons of laughter, and even after this competition we intend to do more contests in the future.

As far as the typical comments about the +1s and buying.
    We will not sit here and deny that promoting it for +1s wasn't the idea. There is no rule stating that you can not use the assets that you worked for in game to benefit yourself. That is why you work for these things to set yourselves up for success in the future. Same concept it is for farming more Infinity stones than you actually need to be ready for things that come out and grab them as they come available. This game offers you avenues to collect all these assets and are attainable by anyone and everyone. So it is a level playing field however you want to look at it.

The main thing people came in liked what they saw and there was rewards tailored to being successful doing it. Overall we'd do it again and again because it was a blast. It also gave idea's for future contests and opened the mind for more brilliant ways to twist the world of dimensions into another playful environment that stretches the imagination of all.

For those that participated thank you and I hope to see a lot more next time.

Congratz to Yunkai, and Dpschick for being the first 2 to complete the jumping puzzle.
    More fun to come in Terrible Dimension's in the near future.

White Wizard Out!!
    Last edited by Aldwyn; 07-07-2013 at 10:53 PM.

I doubt you're going to convince many people that there isn't a difference between advertising your dimension and buying votes. At any rate, it's been covered here:

http://forums.riftgame.com/game-disc...ml#post4369776

Quote Originally Posted by Akhor View Post
    Read it again:

"Eligibility for prizes is that you are able to +1 our Guild Dimension!!!"

There's only 1 way to "prove" you're eligible. No vote, no participate.
    Last edited by Ganrex; 07-08-2013 at 07:08 AM.

+ Reply to Thread