+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree49Likes

Thread: Dimension Soulbound Loyalty Items

RIFT Fan Site Operator Feendish's Avatar

Default Dimension Soulbound Loyalty Items

I understand Trion's position in not making the loyalty items Bind on Account, as there is a great risk of abuse in making a legion of alts for stuff then deleting the toons as soon as items have been collected.

An alternative: How about putting these items, particularly the dimension items, on the Veteran Vendor instead? We already have items sitting and collecting dust on some toons while we wish others had more of a particular item, this lets us have our item and if we want more, we have the option to buy it.

I can't speak for anyone else, but I would pay a pretty penny to be able to buy another Space Sky Projector, or the Large Shrine (yes, please!), or the urns and the pretty baskets on a character where the item I've been rewarded already has these things in use and would like to have another--or several more. Particularly now that we can have up to two dimensions per character, this becomes an acute shortage of some very nice and wonderful things.

I hope the development staff takes this into consideration.
    Dimensions on Greybriar and Zaviel

Baradara@Greybriar

Quote Originally Posted by Feendish View Post
    I understand Trion's position in not making the loyalty items Bind on Account, as there is a great risk of abuse in making a legion of alts for stuff then deleting the toons as soon as items have been collected.

An alternative: How about putting these items, particularly the dimension items, on the Veteran Vendor instead? We already have items sitting and collecting dust on some toons while we wish others had more of a particular item, this lets us have our item and if we want more, we have the option to buy it.

I can't speak for anyone else, but I would pay a pretty penny to be able to buy another Space Sky Projector, or the Large Shrine (yes, please!), or the urns and the pretty baskets on a character where the item I've been rewarded already has these things in use and would like to have another--or several more. Particularly now that we can have up to two dimensions per character, this becomes an acute shortage of some very nice and wonderful things.

I hope the development staff takes this into consideration.
    Agreed.

I couldn't agree more. I don't know about you, but I can think of a thousand uses for those farclan baskets. (I believe that is what they are called), and I have exactly two.
    Tree House Retreat - Wolfsbane - Svieta

Quote Originally Posted by Guen View Post
    Agreed.

I couldn't agree more. I don't know about you, but I can think of a thousand uses for those farclan baskets. (I believe that is what they are called), and I have exactly two.
    Yes, and I don't know why I said two dimensions, when I meant 10. 2 Cute little baskets don't go very far in ten dimensions, lol, and neither does one projector. Let alone the firepetal clumps and tentacled firepetals that come later on, which are also breathtakingly pretty.

Baradara@Greybriar

Very good point. I see this as just one example why some people will not buy more dimension slots.
    Dims on Greybriar: izydoesit- Fus Ro Dah / freakyfreak- River Gods / amorica- Izy n Sons
    Ideas worth trying. *Please take them and make them even better.*

I would love to see these on a loyalty vendor.It would be nice to purchase a piece we had deleted and now realize we want back. ect

Pretty pretty please Trion? with a cherry on top?

Yes I agree it would be nice if they would do something to that effect. I was beyond disappointed when I finished the my current loyalty tier and collected my box of dimension items and discovered that they are all soulbound. There were 4 snow type plant items that would have looked great in my alt's Kestrel dim but I have no use for in my main's Faens dim. Since this is something that can be collected one time only on only one toon I really don't see why the items have to be soulbound. Or am I wrong in thinking the loyalty items for completing a tier can only be collected once?

Every toon gets the same collection of items, so you end up with a lot of extras that don't match certain dims. Like akhor used all the snowy/white plants but everything else is just dumped in her free faen's retreat for storage. I also tend to use plants in large groups, so having just one or two of them isn't enough, having the ability to buy more after you obtain that tier of loyalty would be perfect. I never understood why we could buy more of the Sanctum guard gear, unless we just deleted it and bought it later if we needed it. I think the same thing should apply to dimension items, they're basically costume wear for you house

Oh ok my mistake--wow don't know what I'll do with all the surplus. Wish we had better storage options for dimension items.

It would be great if they could roll those items into the vet reward vendor upgrades. But then they might have to think of a new loyalty tier reward.

Let's do some of the thinking work and arguing for them. Would the reward need to be replaced, and if so, with what?

Quote Originally Posted by Treble View Post
    It would be great if they could roll those items into the vet reward vendor upgrades. But then they might have to think of a new loyalty tier reward.

Let's do some of the thinking work and arguing for them. Would the reward need to be replaced, and if so, with what?
    I don't think so. You've already earned the reward, just like the mounts and pets and costume stuff the veteran vendor currently offers. This allows you the option of buying more of a particular item--even though the ones you have no use for will continue to sit and collect dust in your bank. While some items will be sold in quantity, such as the farclan baskets and violet urns and possibly the projectors as more people hit purple tier, given the percentage of people who actually play a lot in dimensions, the numbers of extra items of this type being in the game will still not be that high.

More, if they introduce a new tier reward as awesome as the tier rewards we already have, wouldn't we then be pleading this same case again?

Baradara@Greybriar

Telaran

This is an excellent idea!
    I wouldn't mind receiving the boxes of loyalty dimension items and next to that some unlocking token that unlocks same items on the Loyalty Vendor. There is some nice stuff I'd love to use and wouldn't mind paying for.

I like Feendish's logic on this topic. I haven't completed the purple tier yet because I'm slowly using my credits as I build and considering projects while I nail-bitingly (aka patiently lol) wait.

I would leave the loyalty items soulbound and you do with them as you will. But making all soulbound loyalty items available from the loyalty vendor would then allow you access to more of what you want - at a price. There's no gaming or exploiting the system using multiple alts with that method; if you want more, you will have to pay for it in credits.
    The Road Less Traveled, Hypnotique, Hero's Quest: Belly of the Beast, Avalon, Doubleohhseven's Avatar v2.0, Promenade Penthouse, Hero's Quest: Sleeping Beauty, Mabhe's Quadradream, Everwinter, Karthan Paradise, Halls of Intoxication, Court of Shadows, Dreamscapes, Lost in Wonderland, Hero’s Quest: Hidden Canyon, Bywater, Sanguine Summer
    Greybriar Dimension Geek

100% agree with ya, Feendish. I would LOVE to buy more of the Aster ground cover and the cool baskets.

It shouldn't be a big deal for Trion to add those items to the vet reward vendor. We are not asking them to change the contents of the Loyalty rewards, just give us a chance to get more than 2 baskets, for example, since we can't traded them from one character to another.

That would also mean, I could finally toss the snowy bushes I've been hanging on to. But man, tossing dim items? I need to find a good morph maybe LOL

Default Bump!

Because I want this so bad!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast