+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Mordrahan
  • 1 Post By Feendish

Thread: Three Springs : move the green wall please!

Default Three Springs : move the green wall please!

I just saw a video of this new dim.
    Very nice place, but it would be far better without this green wall forbiding to use the land near the sea. And it falls in the middle of the boat.
    Please move the green wall into the sea, and allow us to use the whole coast. I see very interesting things to build here, harbour, sea village... the wall ruins it all.

Dimensions on Brisesol : Domaine Imari (Mordrahan) / Centre de recherches (Mordrahan) / Laboratoire glaciaire (Mordrahan) / Last hope (Aislyn) / Le refuge du Corbeau Rouge (Kasora) / Kelari spirit (Asri) / Ghost ship (Syel) / A la vie, la mort (Sadar) / Le chemin de l'harmonie (Sadar) / Temple Solaire (Sadar) / Refuge de montagne (Sadar)

RIFT Fan Site Operator Feendish's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mordrahan View Post
    I just saw a video of this new dim.
    Very nice place, but it would be far better without this green wall forbiding to use the land near the sea. And it falls in the middle of the boat.
    Please move the green wall into the sea, and allow us to use the whole coast. I see very interesting things to build here, harbour, sea village... the wall ruins it all.
    I don't know if there's a test dim for Three Springs on the EU shards, but there is one on NA Shatterbone under CM_Elrar. The boundary has been moved to allow access to the pier and much of the coastline.

I went to Shatterbone today to do some touring and checked it out, the land available around the meeting hall is sizable, with plenty of room for a lot of things that could be thought up, including villages.

To make a toon on the NA shards, just in case (there are some folks here who weren't aware they could make toons on the EU side), go into the settings of the login screen, change it from Europe to North America, press save and proceed as normal.
    Dimensions on Greybriar and Zaviel

Baradara@Greybriar

The new boundary is the stern of the boat instead of the middle. You also have access to the smaller dock in the inlet to the west of the bigger one.

Just went there to see it... The wall is still there cutting the end of the peninsula.
    There is so much space on land, why don't you give us acces to this nice little bit of coast?
    I love seasides, I chose Shoreward for this.
    Please move the wall so we can use the whole T peninsula and enjoy a view on the wide sea and not on a green glass wall...

Dimensions on Brisesol : Domaine Imari (Mordrahan) / Centre de recherches (Mordrahan) / Laboratoire glaciaire (Mordrahan) / Last hope (Aislyn) / Le refuge du Corbeau Rouge (Kasora) / Kelari spirit (Asri) / Ghost ship (Syel) / A la vie, la mort (Sadar) / Le chemin de l'harmonie (Sadar) / Temple Solaire (Sadar) / Refuge de montagne (Sadar)

Trion seems to forget that folks fill dimensions to the boundary walls. Having a wall cut through a key part of the landscape is silly given they have few restrictions (that I know of) in terms of size. Just like the other Moonshade dimension they also cut off the water such that you can not make a ocean side play area that will fit a decent sized ship. My wife tends to make little scenes all over the dimension, and it would be nice to have a proper boat dock in this dimension.

I have seen (I would never do it) people move beyond the green wall. The area outside the green wall is a nice additional size. It too has a boundary limit. Why have two boundaries? Drop the green wall and just use the real boundary. If folks are too slow to realize "hey I am no longer able to move forward, I wonder why", then consider it a puzzle for them to solve. Heck I suspect you could even get folks to pay to up-size their dimensions. If the price is fair I know we would do that.

Personally I love to see zone sized dimensions with 100K item limit so we can see some of the crazy creative things people could do with that. A man can dream can't he?
    Dangerous when amused... and you are funny.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Mals View Post
    Trion seems to forget that folks fill dimensions to the boundary walls. Having a wall cut through a key part of the landscape is silly given they have few restrictions (that I know of) in terms of size. Just like the other Moonshade dimension they also cut off the water such that you can not make a ocean side play area that will fit a decent sized ship. My wife tends to make little scenes all over the dimension, and it would be nice to have a proper boat dock in this dimension.

I have seen (I would never do it) people move beyond the green wall. The area outside the green wall is a nice additional size. It too has a boundary limit. Why have two boundaries? Drop the green wall and just use the real boundary. If folks are too slow to realize "hey I am no longer able to move forward, I wonder why", then consider it a puzzle for them to solve. Heck I suspect you could even get folks to pay to up-size their dimensions. If the price is fair I know we would do that.

Personally I love to see zone sized dimensions with 100K item limit so we can see some of the crazy creative things people could do with that. A man can dream can't he?
    I think one thing we may see is footprint upgrades for some or all of the dimensions. The outer most boundary is the end of the instance I would imagine, I'm not entirely sure why with that they'd need or even want to include the green wall at all. I can't see why decorating throughout the instance would be an issue (say server or hardware) you'd see more issues with more items in each dimension then you would see with an overall increase to the footprint.

*shrug*
    "What is the difference between a "great man" and a "hero"?
    A great man fights until he falls
    A hero gets back up"

I find myself sometimes placing things, look with pleasure and then realise they are on the other side of the wall. I am afraid I will lose my items so I am not keen to put them there. I do wish they would remove it.

Bella

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by DLPS View Post
    I find myself sometimes placing things, look with pleasure and then realise they are on the other side of the wall. I am afraid I will lose my items so I am not keen to put them there. I do wish they would remove it.

Bella
    I actually tested this out about a month ago, the items remained and they count against your item limit as well.
    "What is the difference between a "great man" and a "hero"?
    A great man fights until he falls
    A hero gets back up"

+ Reply to Thread