Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By Rift_Bard
  • 1 Post By Akhor
  • 1 Post By Mals
  • 1 Post By Mals

Thread: SUGGESTION: Customizable signs

Plane Touched

Default SUGGESTION: Customizable signs

Ok so I am newly back into Rift and Dimensions are brand new to me so if this has already been suggested, I apologize.

I'd like to see signs of different designs available that you can customize to read what you want others visiting your dimension to see. The way I envision it is that the sign itself does not show the words, but if you hover your mouse over it, it shows the customized message in a tooltip.

Additionally, and I am SURE this has already been suggested/asked for, I would love to see chests in which you can actually store things.

There is one sign I saw on PTS before 2.3 that was editable, I believe the only way to get it was through the random dimension item boxes. I haven't seen one since 2.3 released so I'm not sure if they made it into the game yet. Also it would be nice to get these without having to rely on RNG.

This would be really cool to have. A great way to direct people if you want them to take a specific route, or even a "Thanks for visiting" message. I'd love to have the one like in Tempest Bay with the guy sitting next to it, lol. The only drawback I suppose would be the potential for abuse. They would have to have certain restrictions, otherwise you'd have people setting them up with insults, racial slurs, etc.

If Minecraft can do simple signs, so can Rift. It is a very tractable problem.
    Dangerous when amused... and you are funny.

Quote Originally Posted by Zyonyx View Post
    This would be really cool to have. A great way to direct people if you want them to take a specific route, or even a "Thanks for visiting" message. I'd love to have the one like in Tempest Bay with the guy sitting next to it, lol. The only drawback I suppose would be the potential for abuse. They would have to have certain restrictions, otherwise you'd have people setting them up with insults, racial slurs, etc.
    I think signs should be reportable. If folks know they could get in trouble then they are less likely to put truly objectionable things on signs.
    Dangerous when amused... and you are funny.

+ Reply to Thread