+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree23Likes

Thread: Hitchhikers Guide to the Dimensional Galaxy - Places to Visit

Default Hitchhikers Guide to the Dimensional Galaxy - Places to Visit

We all come across dimensions that we think are wonderful and would love to recommend to other visitors.

Please use this place to mention what you have seen of other folks work (not our own this time )

Simply add the shard, the owner/name and a line or to about what you like.

I think we should all make an alt or two and get out of our own backyards and see what's out there!

Bellarosa
    Laethys

On Faeblight:

Up North

The Hermit's Canyon

Both of these are actually starter dimensions, and they are some of the best efforts at transformative dimensions I have ever seen. They are breathtaking in the creativity of concept and execution of style and well worth every single vote they get. Good luck being able to tell that you were in Warden's Point and Sanguine Shores.
    Dimensions on Greybriar: Cloud Garden : Crowned by Stars : Ancient Splendors : Temple of the Vigilant Messenger : Valley of the Lost : Jewel of the Desert : Morte Nera : The Oracle's Aerie : Blossom Cottage : High Noon Lodge : Autumn Lodge : Tradition
    Dimensions on Zaviel: Weary Traveler's Rest
    The Dimension Touring Company: Dimension Tours : Player Creations : Building Tips

Default Japanese Pool / Spa Dimension

Ayachor Pools on Faeblight is the dimension I visited last night. The detail in this dimension is simply stunning. I spent a long time in each room just marvelling at the small details (eg, the steaming water coming out of the taps into the baths). This dimension is glorious.

Bellarosa
    Laethys

Ascendant

Godshand keep-seastone

A amazing castle! It is ridiculously well built! I love the look of it, the center courtyard looks amazing and it gives it the old fashioned look.

Wet n Wild-seastone

Dormant core dimension, I love her puzzle and slide and the pool area is gorgeous!

How does one get a thread so it is sticky? It would be great to have this list always visible and fluid as we continue to grow as a little community "within" a community

Bellarosa

Ancient Splendors by Feendish, currently on Faeblight.

I had to visit twice to see everything even with a tour. Then it got updated and i think i need to visit a few more times. It felt like an adventure finding all the little bits here and there. It reminded me of areas in a few other games i had played. It's very appealing to to the way i like to play games. I always go explore the world someone had built before i play the story. Reading the background story within he environment if the design team knows what they are doing.
    Dims on Greybriar: izydoesit- Fus Ro Dah / freakyfreak- River Gods / amorica- Izy n Sons
    Ideas worth trying. *Please take them and make them even better.*

Default Dragon's Game - Chess for the big guys!

I am amazed at Dragon's Game on Wolfsbane - it's original and incredibly well developed. It didn't dawn on me that there was a suspended chess board until I looked up.

Just wonderful work Ararine

Bellarosa
    Laethys

Laethys - Melting Pot guild dimension- Eiffel Spider

Pretty much just listing one I don't see anyone talking about. I need to make a list before I reply again, I think.
    Last edited by Maddori; 07-05-2013 at 10:58 AM.
    Lils@Greybriar

60 Rogue/Dimension Addict

Zaviel: That's no moon: it's a fat dwarf

(Absurdly awesome star wars themed dimension... I think someone recently made a post about it here on the forums. Incredible morphing, plus the failed engineer used as slave leia is a plus XD If you remember the EU dimension stream, both this one and the fairy tales one were featured)

Argent: Fairy tales and legends

(a dimension devoted to showing fairy tales, from hansel & gretel to jack and the beanstalk... incredible morphings here too I'm sad that, with Icewatch's demise, it's not on my shard anymore since it was one of the dimensions I always used to recommend to people)

Argent: Tempest Slums

(really cool concept, really great execution... an entire section of a city, from the sewers to the slums to the upper streets It has lots of little details I love!)

Quote Originally Posted by Feendish View Post
    On Faeblight:

Up North

The Hermit's Canyon

Both of these are actually starter dimensions, and they are some of the best efforts at transformative dimensions I have ever seen. They are breathtaking in the creativity of concept and execution of style and well worth every single vote they get. Good luck being able to tell that you were in Warden's Point and Sanguine Shores.
    Both are absolutely wonderful... some of the best environmental work I have seen.
    Aesha @ GELIDRA EU
    Liralen @ FAEBLIGHT NA
    Quote Originally Posted by Caelthas View Post
    I feel like Oliver Twist standing in the Rift Store saying "Please Sir, may I have some more"... because I won't even be able to buy my own lunch after paying for 1/16th of a new dimension.

Default Can someone please explain

Hi I have seen a couple of dimensions and they are really nice and the builders obviously are crazy talented. I think its nice that everyone gets a nice little free dimension when we start as well. However I am curious...other than just looking at dimensions what is the purpose? I mean, you can't sit in the chair or cuddle by the fire or anything, so other than building pretty things does a dimension really have a purpose?
    Just trying to understand them and wondering will items for our dimensions ever be made to where characters can actually interact with them like sitting, laying down, reading a book, etc. It would add a whole new level to the game if we could do things like that in our dimensions because as it stands now, at least from what I have seen and know of it, I don't see the point in spending money on furniture or upgrades for things that you cannot interact with. However, if my husband and I could one day slip back to our dimension plop down together on a sofa and cuddle as we chat after a hard day of fighting goblins and such, I would pay a ton to do my place up right. lol Just a curious kitty wondering....

Quote Originally Posted by Maddori View Post
    Laethys - Melting Pot guild dimension- Eiffel Spider

Pretty much just listing one I don't see anyone talking about. I need to make a list before I reply again, I think.
    Shiba who almost joined RDD as The Toolbox Tutor before Rubey and has one of his Dimensions on our site is the Master mind behind the design. He is a Chef by trade and was moving though from Hawaii back to the mainland so things may have slipped, nice to see people still enjoying his awesomeness and Bella these threads pop up quite often but stickied content usually applies to mainly officially endorsed content that doesn't require heavy moderation - server transfer, f2p accounts that may only last a short time etc make this unpredictable.

Click for: Castle of Shiba video and also another creation of his on Laethys still hopefully on his other char Azule - an awesome Shoreward Island.
    Last edited by Kiwi; 07-29-2013 at 04:50 AM.
    Nightmare Tide ULTIMATE Collectors Edition Giveaway! Drawn Sun Oct 26th: @Rift Dream Dimensions
    EXTRA LIFE 2014: Come join us, grab your own sponsors OR Sponsor me! FOR THE KIDS!
    GUILD: Trinity@Greybriar TWITTER: Tweet me Your Screenshots! RIFT FANSITE: Rift Dream Dimensions

Quote Originally Posted by Firestormm View Post
    Hi I have seen a couple of dimensions and they are really nice and the builders obviously are crazy talented. I think its nice that everyone gets a nice little free dimension when we start as well. However I am curious...other than just looking at dimensions what is the purpose? I mean, you can't sit in the chair or cuddle by the fire or anything, so other than building pretty things does a dimension really have a purpose?
    Just trying to understand them and wondering will items for our dimensions ever be made to where characters can actually interact with them like sitting, laying down, reading a book, etc. It would add a whole new level to the game if we could do things like that in our dimensions because as it stands now, at least from what I have seen and know of it, I don't see the point in spending money on furniture or upgrades for things that you cannot interact with. However, if my husband and I could one day slip back to our dimension plop down together on a sofa and cuddle as we chat after a hard day of fighting goblins and such, I would pay a ton to do my place up right. lol Just a curious kitty wondering....
    As it stands, dimensions are really nothing more than eye candy. They're fun to build, and to 'ooh' and 'ahh' over when we come across a really remarkable one, but other than that there's not much in the way of interaction (unless it's a maze or slide dimension, of course). There was another thread on the forums though that mentioned being able to possibly PvP in them someday, or something along those lines. I confess I haven't actually listened to the Livestream, though.

(Continued in next post...)

(...continued)

Characters do have the ability to sit, just not on furniture (unless your character happens to be standing on furniture when you type "/sit", of course, but it's really not the same thing). However, you could sit on the floor in front of the fireplace. Or, better yet, you could plop down on the couch with your hubby IRL in front of your PC and chat as you build a dimension together.

Sorry for the split, but I kept getting an error when I tried to post both paragraphs in the same post. Maybe there's a word limit or something.

La Vieille Dame on Brisesol by Hehn

First you are greeted by... I won't tell and then you see, down on the water... The Eiffel Tower!

Great dim! Absolutely recommend a visit!

@ Firestormm: Why does any one pursue a creative hobby?

Dimensions are currently my creative outlet. It is so much fun to brainstorm ideas and then to actually turn them into reality, even if it is just virtual reality. You will also get an immense satisfaction when your build turned out as you pictured it or better. I just love to walk through my dimensions and either come up with stories or just to look at something I did and say: Wow, I build THAT!

Plus, I LOVE to decorate, so once I get the build out of the way, the fun begins (at least for me lol)

Some builds are rather intricate and consume a lot of hours and tinkering and plat, but for me, it's time and plat well spent. It is also a pleasure to share your creations with this wonderful dimension community or with friends.

It's like writing a book, but instead of using words, you are using building materials. Your dimensions tell the story.
    Last edited by Agrona77; 07-29-2013 at 06:06 AM.

Agrona/Hailol-Glen of Monrylee, Souq Asha, Shangri La; Aggy/Faeblight-Remnants of Atlantis; Sheelana/Hailol-RobCo Industries; Caladria/Faeblight-Ynys Afallach; Bodicca/Faeblight: Uznahgaar Volum

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast