Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree40Likes

Thread: You can cheat extremely easy in the dimension contest

Telaran

Default You can cheat extremely easy in the dimension contest

I'm not talking about paying for votes everyone is talking about although that is wrong too, but there's an even easier way to cheat your way to the top.

There's nothing stopping someone from checking out other shards for vote standing and transferring to a shard you know you have more votes than everyone else. Like my shard our top voted dim has something like 400 or 500+ cant remember, but what's to stop someone from another shard with higher votes checking out other servers and transferring over to be instant #1 dimension and win the contest?

I'm not going to bother participating in this contest, I'd like to take my time finishing up my place, but I hope more thought goes into these type of contest in the future. I personally would like a new dimension key prize go to someone who has a lot of creativity but can't afford the more nicer and expensive dims.

Well, I rather focus my energy on creating dimensions, then worrying about this contest and all the bad blood it creates. If people are soooooooo desperate for a dimension key, then I just feel sorry for them. LOL

The enjoyment for me is to build magical places or to try my hand on some difficult engineering feats. It's the satisfaction to have created something you imagined that will stay with you. Not how many votes you have or how many votes you bought. I also get great pleasure by sharing my dimension with like-minded individuals. If I get feedback from the dimension crowd on the forums here and my friends in game, that is worth so much more to me than 500 +1's!

I wish Trion would have created a contest that judged your dimension by creativity, not by their failed +1 system. Well, it is what it is. No crying over spilled milk, eh?

The one thing Trion did right in this whole god-awful mess of a contest, is that the prize is nothing more than an early release. Well, free also. But it's not something exclusive. Everyone else who might *actually* deserve it will at least still be able to get it later if they want it when it's available for purchase.

Good lord, can you imagine if this was a one-time deal? A dimension available only to one person per shard by winning the contest only, never to be seen again. <shudders at the thought of that much hate and discontent in the dim community>

Is this contest over already?

Quote Originally Posted by Madamefate View Post
    Is this contest over already?
    From: http://community.riftgame.com/en/201...ngs-dimension/

BUILD YOUR WAY TO THREE SPRINGS

On July 9 (12pm PT), the owner of each shardís top-weekly-rated Dimension will earn early access to Three Springs! The RIFT Community team will contact top-voted owners to arrange for delivery of a Three Springs Dimension key and item pack for a character of their choice.

Remember, Dimension scores count votes from the previous week, so youíll need votes for your creation from July 3-9 to win. Start building if you havenít already!
    Recipients of these Three Springs Dimension keys may be featured if they turn their new sliver of Telara into something truly amazing.

Default Private dimensions only?

I can't see where it says not 'guild' dimensions. Has this been confirmed?

Thanks

Bella

Quote Originally Posted by Skycastle View Post
    There's nothing stopping someone from checking out other shards for vote standing and transferring to a shard you know you have more votes than everyone else. Like my shard our top voted dim has something like 400 or 500+ cant remember, but what's to stop someone from another shard with higher votes checking out other servers and transferring over to be instant #1 dimension and win the contest?
    As a SEMI-RP'er I thought that paying for people to come see your house is just like getting someone to judge your house in RL. However, I paid 4 people to come judge my dimension and they are the only ones that I paid to come visit (didn't care about +1's just for their time) my other 171 weekly votes were legit, by advertising, and publicising my dimension, I stopped paying people because it was deemed unfair by many, I admit that, it's low and unfair because some people can't afford it.

However, after a long tedious 3 week battle, my dimension finally hit #1 weekly this week only to find out that some guy whom is #2 has transferred from another shard just to gain votes. I feel that's stupidly unfair and should be disqualified for doing this. He has 140+ votes this week, all time 140+ votes but somehow wasn't there 3 days ago when I was having a publicising battle with the previous #2 guy on my shard.

So if that's the case and someone can do that, I can just transfer to a low-pop shard and claim my Key? Since this 'guy' did that himself.

EDIT: I was also accused of spam inviting people, however, I have a list of names that I only invited once and always kept a list.
    Last edited by Anirahijini; 07-05-2013 at 11:58 AM.
    Class: Mage~~~ Spec: Pyromentalist~~~ Name: Coty (Old IGN: Anirahijni)~~~ Server: Argent Dimension/House: Stone Flask Tavern: level 3~~~ Guild:Eternally Ethereal
    Class: Rogue~~~ Spec: Hunter~~~ Name: Legolena~~~ Server: Argent
    Guides:
    http://tinyurl.com/PatronGuide

Quote Originally Posted by Anirahijini View Post
    As a SEMI-RP'er I thought that paying for people to come see your house is just like getting someone to judge your house in RL. However, I paid 4 people to come judge my dimension and they are the only ones that I paid to come visit (didn't care about +1's just for their time) my other 171 weekly votes were legit, by advertising, and publicising my dimension, I stopped paying people because it was deemed unfair by many, I admit that, it's low and unfair because some people can't afford it.

However, after a long tedious 3 week battle, my dimension finally hit #1 weekly this week only to find out that some guy whom is #2 has transferred from another shard just to gain votes. I feel that's stupidly unfair and should be disqualified for doing this. He has 140+ votes this week, all time 140+ votes but somehow wasn't there 3 days ago when I was having a publicising battle with the previous #2 guy on my shard.

So if that's the case and someone can do that, I can just transfer to a low-pop shard and claim my Key? Since this 'guy' did that himself.

EDIT: I was also accused of spam inviting people, however, I have a list of names that I only invited once and always kept a list.
    Hi folks,
    I believe this is aimed at myself. Since my dimension is currently sitting behind cotys. Ive been on argent since last year, this is now my 3rd dimension on the server, one being from last year. And as im sure most are aware, i actviated it on wednesday after having worked on it before making it live. And im sure trion can confirm this.
    Zaviel - East Telaran Company
    Dims. Braigh Mharr town, winter wonderland, Village and airship goliath.

Quote Originally Posted by Jibeley View Post
    Hi folks,
    I believe this is aimed at myself. Since my dimension is currently sitting behind cotys. Ive been on argent since last year, this is now my 3rd dimension on the server, one being from last year. And as im sure most are aware, i actviated it on wednesday after having worked on it before making it live. And im sure trion can confirm this.
    Okay, fair enough. But how come members of your guild are discrediting me for 'spamming summons ALL the time' when I specifically said I have a list of people that I've summoned on a bit of paper, yet, I've been called a liar and the person refuses to see my list of names.

I feel that's kind of unfair that your guild are telling people that. Dirty playing, so to say.
    Class: Mage~~~ Spec: Pyromentalist~~~ Name: Coty (Old IGN: Anirahijni)~~~ Server: Argent Dimension/House: Stone Flask Tavern: level 3~~~ Guild:Eternally Ethereal
    Guides:

Hi there anirahijini

I came to clear some things up. First off the Hundred words is telling no one any such thing we have heard it from other guilds. I've been one of the people with the highest dimensions on Argent for a while so obviously I respect people's effort in this contest but haven't entered myself.

I would however like to ask why you argue that my guildmate is from another server? Where is the proof of this Jibeley has been on argent for a year and I have been in two guilds with him. Secondly I complained to you previously because you were bad mouthing other users dimensions while advertising your own and inviting members of my guild to the dimension without asking them first.

I'm sorry if you've somehow been offended by me asking why you did this or why you are accusing my guildmate of being from another shard but I felt it only polite to respond to your claims.

The pen may be mightier than the sword but you try closing a rift with a pen

Okay, fair enough. But how come members of your guild are discrediting me for 'spamming summons ALL the time' when I specifically said I have a list of people that I've summoned on a bit of paper, yet, I've been called a liar and the person refuses to see my list of names.

I feel that's kind of unfair that your guild are telling people that. Dirty playing, so to say.
    If I may, no one has said you have been spamming people. I have said you maybe ninja invited people. This is because one of my friends asked me and I quote. 'Why is someone called [insert name] inviting me to a dimension? What is that?'

If the invite was by accident or they asked to be invited without knowing what a Dimension is then I am sorry. He really did not know who you was or what you were inviting him for.

Jib has been on Argent for a long time, he did put his dimension public on Wednesday and the competition is only for one week so its fully within the rules.

You are not even losing and already attacking the #2, all for a dimension which is due for general release in a few weeks anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Yuzuki View Post
    Hi there anirahijini

I came to clear some things up. First off the Hundred words is telling no one any such thing we have heard it from other guilds. I've been one of the people with the highest dimensions on Argent for a while so obviously I respect people's effort in this contest but haven't entered myself.

I would however like to ask why you argue that my guildmate is from another server? Where is the proof of this Jibeley has been on argent for a year and I have been in two guilds with him. Secondly I complained to you previously because you were bad mouthing other users dimensions while advertising your own and inviting members of my guild to the dimension without asking them first.

I'm sorry if you've somehow been offended by me asking why you did this or why you are accusing my guildmate of being from another shard but I felt it only polite to respond to your claims.
    The only dimension I've ever 'bad mouthed' in public was not Jib's. I told you in PM what I thought especially my reasoning for it.

The way you implied about your guild was that everyone had the same 'opinion' because I'm puzzled to wonder as how you would know people reported me unless they're in your guild? I'm sure someone wouldn't have randomly said 'I've reported coty' to you in PM. Furthermore, you called me a liar twice during the conversation which I had proof of me not lying which you then declined to see, which I deem as unfair a little bit.

As for the shard thing, possibly my mistake, it's just somehow infuriating that some guy 3 days ago wasn't even existent in the dimension weekly then pop, he's there without any advertisement whatsoever. I may have been wrong about the shard assumption, something does smell kinda 'off' about this whole thing.

I just felt like I was being targeted for no apparent reason, and I called someone out in public chat because of personal reasons, I never called Jib's out in public chat at all. As for the summons, I tell people before I summon them, in both public chats and my guild chat, I tell them to decline if they're busy. Which I have no issues with
    Last edited by Anirahijini; 07-05-2013 at 12:48 PM.
    Guides:

Quote Originally Posted by Minudra View Post
    You are not even losing and already attacking the #2, all for a dimension which is due for general release in a few weeks anyway.
    I've been very critical since I started Rift about dimensions, whether it was on Icewatch, Akala or Argent. There are some very epic dimensions out there which I love and deserve the respect for.

Also, I've never won anything in my life officially, would be nice to win something
    Guides:

Soulwalker

he's there without any advertisement whatsoever. I may have been wrong about the shard assumption, something does smell kinda 'off' about this whole thing.
    As far as I know Jibeley has advertized his dimensions on this very forum, as well as on the rift reddit? I don't think there's anything "off" about that, besides for ages The FLoating Mug's been at the top of the list, now it's your one at the top. Does that mean your acts are "kinda off" as well?

I just thought i'd ask.

You are telling me two different things to what I am being told by guildmates. None of them have said you asked first all of them were randomly invited, I was not rude to you nor did I decline to see information. The information you stated was that you had a piece of paper saying who you invited I do not see how this has any relevance to if you were randomly inviting my guildmates or not.

My apologies but I have answered your issues and still ask you again where is the proof that people are from other shards? You appear to have avoided answering my previous, also in retort to minudra's comment how does wanting to win a competition make it fairer for you to attack the lower ranked dimensions and accuse them of cheating?

You already said you paid people to vote no matter how many you asked to do it you have admitted to cheating, so I don't see why a fuss is being kicked up.

Apologies if im somehow not seeing the point to this thread but... I have to be plain about what I think.

The pen may be mightier than the sword but you try closing a rift with a pen

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast