+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree5Likes
  • 4 Post By xanduin246
  • 1 Post By xanduin246

Thread: Aeonar - Deepwood

Default Aeonar - Deepwood

I've wanted to build something like this for a very long time, but just recently got the right type of items to do it. It's a prison tower heavily inspired by Dragon Age: Origins. In DA:O Aeonar is the mages' prison in Ferelden. Not much is really known by the players of what it looks like, so I mixed descriptions of it with the Circle Tower also in that game, and came up with what's below. I'm really proud of the outside.. not so much by the inside, but it's still a work in progress and not bad for a couple days work I don't think.

I'd greatly appreciate any feedback, suggestions of what to change, add, remove, etc., and info on things misaligned.

Here are a couple screenshots of some of the floors and the outside.

Aeonar - Deepwood-2013-07-04_115314.jpg

It looks like it's leaning in the pic, but it's not in game.. I hope..

Aeonar - Deepwood-2013-07-04_120529.jpg

Barracks for the guards.
    Aeonar - Deepwood-2013-07-04_120457.jpg

One of the prison levels.

Aeonar - Deepwood-2013-07-04_120551.jpg

Mess hall.

Aeonar - Deepwood-2013-07-04_120613.jpg

And the chapel (or Chantry).

Impressive!
    Lils@Greybriar

65 Rogue/Dimension Addict

RIFT Fan Site Operator Feendish's Avatar

You didn't tear it down! So glad to see that.
    Dimensions on Greybriar and Zaviel

Baradara@Greybriar

Quote Originally Posted by Feendish View Post
    You didn't tear it down! So glad to see that.
    Oh no I did tear it down, but I rebuilt it because I figured out the alignment issue, and completing the project was more important to me than the ramp issue in the end.

I started building it up again late at night on the same day lol; I missed it.
    Last edited by xanduin246; 07-04-2013 at 12:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by xanduin246 View Post
    Oh no I did tear it down, but I rebuilt it because I figured out the alignment issue, and completing the project was more important to me than the ramp issue in the end.

I started building it up again late at night on the same day lol; I missed it.
    I know how that goes, lol.

Baradara@Greybriar

So. Friggin. Cool.

Yeah this is awesome. It looks just like the pics and is really refreshing to see something so very modern looking. Great job on the exterior!
    The Road Less Traveled, Hypnotique, Hero's Quest: Belly of the Beast, Avalon, Doubleohhseven's Avatar v2.0, Promenade Penthouse, Hero's Quest: Sleeping Beauty, Mabhe's Quadradream, Everwinter, Karthan Paradise, Halls of Intoxication, Court of Shadows, Dreamscapes, Lost in Wonderland, Hero’s Quest: Hidden Canyon, Bywater, Sanguine Summer
    Greybriar Dimension Geek

Thank you all. I'm gonna spend a bit refining the interior, especially the prison part. If anyone has suggestions for items I would greatly appreciate it. Next to all the shiny marble and arches the bent iron fences look really weird.

Looks awesome! Suggest swapping out the marble just inside the cells for something coarser that will blend better with the iron. Prisoners don't usually get marble and luxury.

Quote Originally Posted by Treble View Post
    Looks awesome! Suggest swapping out the marble just inside the cells for something coarser that will blend better with the iron. Prisoners don't usually get marble and luxury.
    Maybe the long workbench from fishing or I think there is another one from the store.
    The Road Less Traveled, Hypnotique, Hero's Quest: Belly of the Beast, Avalon, Doubleohhseven's Avatar v2.0, Promenade Penthouse, Hero's Quest: Sleeping Beauty, Mabhe's Quadradream, Everwinter, Karthan Paradise, Halls of Intoxication, Court of Shadows, Dreamscapes, Lost in Wonderland, Hero’s Quest: Hidden Canyon, Bywater, Sanguine Summer
    Greybriar Dimension Geek

I tried replacing it with stone.. not sure if it turned out any better. I think a large part of the problem is the gates themselves, but I can't find any other item that does the job. I tried building some myself out of building blocks, but it ends up looking kind of cheap when you're coming in from the outside. And I don't think I'll ever get enough work benches to cover all 3 floors.

Here's a screenshot of one of the prisons with stone floor.

Aeonar - Deepwood-2013-07-05_081824.jpg

Granite makes a good contrast against the marble, and it has a rough texture that I would imagine (just an opinion) would help provide the perfect interior setting for a prison cell. More, it doesn't provide a harsh clash against the marble.
    Last edited by Feendish; 07-05-2013 at 09:24 AM.

Baradara@Greybriar

+ Reply to Thread