+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree28Likes

Thread: This is Stupid

Default This is Stupid

On seastone I new person came last week. She entered a few of the top dimensions and was talking to us.

So this week I go into her dimension and it has now got hundreds of votes and past off a lot of dimensions, I was wondering what it looks like.

EVERYTHING IN IT IS COPIED OR TAKEN FROM ANOTHER DIMENSION

she copied the dimensions she visited. Check out Gorgeous's dimension on Seastone then look at theirs. ITS RIDICULOUS!!!!

She also informed me that the reason she is getting votes is because she is bribing people.

There is no way any of us dimensioneers that worked hard to make it original can win now with her and something has to be done
    RGI@Deepwood --- <-Hello Kitty->
    [A Stick]
    King of Conquest

Unfortunately this is happening on other servers too. Paying for pluses, and this particular person is not the only one doing it on Seastone. For those of us who actually spend weeks, months even, working on our dimensions its a pretty big slap to the face. Everyone hates the Pay To Win games and unfortunately for the Rift Dimensions its turning into the same thing. This week is a tournament for dimensioneers, whoever has the most pluses for the week on their shard win a prize etc. For those who have worked for the past several months on creating unique and fantastic dimensions cannot win if they are not paying people to + for them. All I'm hoping for is that Trion reads these posts and can try to fix the problem. I don't know how to stop people from paying to win at the dimension game, I only know that if other players were to come look at the dimensions on Seastone they might understand why we're upset.

I'm popping over onto your shard now to take a look.

I get very inspired by other's work, but where is the originality in copying?

Bella

Sounds like real life
    Even free cost too much now

It's hard to say if this is wrong or not. Whilst building dimensions, most people are going to check out other people's and be inspired by those dimensions to better their own. I see nothing wrong with that.
    As this is for the competition though, it is kind of wrong. Maybe the judges will notice she has similar designs in her dimension to the others they have visited and therefore mark her down for lack of originality.

Please don't misunderstand, I think it's very encouraging to have people come in and look at dimensions and be inspired by them. The thing that's upsetting us are the people who are paying to win. Those who haven't put in the great lengths of time and grinding even, because let's face it; If you've built an amazing dimension you've spent an insane amount of platinum and planarite, possibly even money if you've used the new store credits for some dimension items. And if you're like me right now you're probably broke in game because you've spent the previous day adding yet another sight to see. And its the people who don't do that and instead pay to have their dimensions +ed that piss us off. If someone walks into my dimension and is inspired by my pool area or my arena or my maze or whatever they might be inspired by and want to do one of their own, I hope that they do, I just hope that it's completely original and designed by them.

Ascendant

first world problems ...

There's a lot of gray area between inspiration and outright theft, and everyone's going to have their own opinion on where that line should be drawn. Having visited both Gorgeous's dim (which is, indeed, gorgeous) and the other Dormant Core dim that I assume was the one in question, I definitely saw some inspiration involved. However, I didn't feel it was an exact copy. But I would have been a lot more impressed seeing something more original from that second one.

I have to agree about the way the votes are obtained. It's a hopelessly flawed system that's too easy to exploit. The concepts of design and creativity are cast aside, and it becomes a contest over who has the most friends/guildies, or the deepest pockets. And that's a contest I think they could have without involving dimensions.

I also thought someone was going to come along and find my remains in Gorgeous's maze. That place is crazy!

I appreciate the support and I'm sorry if it seems like we're just QQing about something insignificant, but dimensions are a part of the game now and they're meant to be enjoyed. They're a fantastic idea and I fully support them, I just want trion to be aware of the problems that they have.

And I truly appreciate those who have visited my dimension and love it as much as I do. ( And even those who may not have enjoyed it atleast you tried it. ^.^ )

Soulwalker

Georgeous and RGI are mad that im paying people to visit my place. They dont have to +1... Sometimes people need incentive and advertising costs money. And btw dont slander my name saing im copying you when im not. You look like a 5 year old. our dimensions do NOT look alike.

I had no problem with these guys until they claimed I was copying. Their places are enjoyable. I just decide to tell people about it and they dont.
    Last edited by SgtTecks; 07-04-2013 at 04:57 PM.

I've asked that you've changed things that blatantly look the same, and those who have come to see for themselves also agree. Don't be mad that you were caught, just do the right thing and fix it.

And the only reason Rgi even posted anything on the forums was because after I had asked you to change it, and you said you would ( then you didn't ), we felt it should be announced: Along with the whole paying people to + thing. Yea life isn't fair but it's still a problem that Trion should look at or contests should be avoided for ( like what Zyonyx suggested ).
    Last edited by Gorgeous; 07-04-2013 at 05:00 PM.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Gorgeous View Post
    I've asked that you've changed things that blatantly look the same, and those who have come to see for themselves also agree. Don't be mad that you were caught, just do the right thing and fix it.

And the only reason Rgi even posted anything on the forums was because after I had asked you to change it, and you said you would ( then you didn't ), we felt it should be announced: Along with the whole paying people to + thing. Yea life isn't fair but it's still a problem that Trion should look at or contests should be avoided for ( like what Zyonyx suggested ).
    I actually did change it. it may resemble your dimension but it is not the same. its only a few orbs. chill out. I tried to be respectful but I forgot this game is also played by children. im done here. If you want to check out our places side by side go for it. This is silly

PS im not coming back to the forums for this topic.
    Last edited by SgtTecks; 07-04-2013 at 05:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SgtTecks View Post
    Georgeous and RGI are mad that im paying people to visit my place. They dont have to +1... Sometimes people need incentive and advertising costs money. And btw dont slander my name saing im copying you when im not. You look like a 5 year old. our dimensions do NOT look alike.

I had no problem with these guys until they claimed I was copying. Their places are enjoyable. I just decide to tell people about it and they dont.
    If you worked on your dimension for weeks, someone came In and copied it, you would be mad too right?

Yea, they do look alike

no, we don't look like 5 year olds, just pointing out how you are bribing people to win

We do advertise but we don't paste a paragraph of crap filling the chats giving people money.
    RGI@Deepwood --- <-Hello Kitty->
    [A Stick]
    King of Conquest

We even -talked- about this, I have no idea why you're pretending the conversations never happened. You can claim I'm acting 5 years old but you're acting like you're 90 with memory loss. This problem HAD to be brought onto the forums so that Trion has a chance to read about it. Yes it's not as big as some issues in the game but Trion's the sort of company that appreciates this sort of feedback, and any sort of 'bending the rules' or 'copying' would be on their list of things to look out for and unfortunately you take the cake in that category.

Even more reason; I'm sure that you are not the first person to do this to someone who has worked very hard on a dimension, I'm sure other people have had their ideas copied or been undervoted because another person or guild decided to pay for votes. So this isn't just about me, it's about anyone who has had this done to them and for their benefit of getting it on the forums for others to see.
    Last edited by Gorgeous; 07-04-2013 at 05:11 PM.

RIFT Fan Site Operator Tamarama's Avatar

Once upon a time, back in the mists of the dawn of dimension history, a toon by the name of Pruor@Greybriar created a dimension known as The Original Strip Club. It was a well designed and interesting dimension for it's time and rose to the top of the +1's. Then another toon came along and copied Pruor's dimension down to the last detail, lock, stock and stripper pole.

Pruor was distraught, he appealed to Trion but they would do nothing. I had the opportunity to ask about Trion's policy and this is their reply (question 6).

Many dimensioneers have found their work copied, sometimes adapted and changed, sometimes not. Sometimes, dimensioneers, shards apart, have the same idea at the same time, an occurrence that looks like copying. Sometimes what we see remains in the back of our heads and pops out without us even being aware we're copying.

Trion are not the copy police; they are not the pay4votes police. Trion can not and should not control the actions of players unless it breaks the law or the TOS.

Seems to me this thread is moving toward harassment, something that has no place in this forum or in game. I'd hate to lose any dimensioneer because they inadvertently indulged in harassing another player.

Perhaps it's time to let this thread die a natural death.

P.S. The second strip club is by Whereishe if you want to see copying.
    Last edited by Tamarama; 07-04-2013 at 05:54 PM.

Better Homes and Dimensions - A blog just for Dimensions.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast