+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree58Likes

Thread: The Temple of Light -Lils- Greybriar

Default The Temple of Light -Lils- Greybriar

While I think the Edge of Infinity is nice, my goal was to make this dimension completely transformed so you couldn't recognize it. I wanted to let people see some of the possibilities of the dimension that weren't Sci-Fi / Outerspace themed.

Here are the pictures of my unrecognizable Edge of Infinity dimension, The Temple of Light.

Landscape:

Temple:

View from Top Floor:

Hope you enjoy it. Feel free to stop by on Greybriar for a closer look =)
    Lils@Greybriar

65 Rogue/Dimension Addict

RIFT Fan Site Operator Feendish's Avatar

You have a rare talent, Lils. While I joke about quitting, your work is good enough it almost makes me feel that way for real--and I in no way mean that as an insult. I envy you that creative vision that you have and the talent you possess, and I thank you, for sharing it with the rest of us.

Another excellent dimension.
    Dimensions on Greybriar and Zaviel

Baradara@Greybriar

I really like this. If I hadn't known it was Edge of Infinity, I would have sworn it was built in Moonshade.

Quote Originally Posted by Feendish View Post
    You have a rare talent, Lils. While I joke about quitting, your work is good enough it almost makes me feel that way for real--and I in no way mean that as an insult. I envy you that creative vision that you have and the talent you possess, and I thank you, for sharing it with the rest of us.

Another excellent dimension.
    Thank you for such a wonderful compliment. I'd have to say I feel the same way when I visit your dimensions, but instead of making me want to quit, it inspires me to try harder to keep up ;)

Seriously though, please don't ever quit, unless you run out of money. Then I could understand.

Quote Originally Posted by Zyonyx View Post
    I really like this. If I hadn't known it was Edge of Infinity, I would have sworn it was built in Moonshade.
    Lol, you are the second person to say it looks like Moonshade. Well I guess that's ok, since Moonshade is my favorite zone. I'm glad you like it.

Hopefully others that weren't crazy about the space zone will give it a chance, too =)
    Lils@Greybriar

RIFT Fan Site Operator Feendish's Avatar

I just may run out of money...but not because of building. More like the contest ideas that keep springing up because of the building.

I've seen so many good transformative pieces lately I'm really mulling over the idea of that kind of contest...but that won't be for another couple months, if at all, depending on how the current contest comes out, unless someone else wants to take that ball and run with it.
    Dimensions on Greybriar and Zaviel

Baradara@Greybriar

Wow. Just wow. So incredibly beautiful and creative. This has inspired me to think more outside the box with my dimensions . . . as soon as I earn some more plat.

Totally breathtaking. I have to go visit now...

What impresses me most about this is how sparse it is without being boring or empty. Less is more. That was the thought going through my head before i had even seen the temple.
    It's often hard to find that balance with putting something in or not. Maintain a constant theme is often my goal and you exemplified that idea here.

*Wi-5*
    Dims on Greybriar: izydoesit- Fus Ro Dah / freakyfreak- River Gods / amorica- Izy n Sons
    Ideas worth trying. *Please take them and make them even better.*

Quote Originally Posted by FreakyFreak View Post
    What impresses me most about this is how sparse it is without being boring or empty. Less is more. That was the thought going through my head before i had even seen the temple.
    It's often hard to find that balance with putting something in or not. Maintain a constant theme is often my goal and you exemplified that idea here.

*Wi-5*
    I'm glad you thought so. I felt odd leaving it with over 200 items below the cap. But I couldn't think of anything else that I wanted to add to it without detracting from the feel I wanted to achieve. Now I feel justified in that decision, thanks =)
    Lils@Greybriar

Spectacular as usual Lils! I love the lights and the patterns.

Oh Maddori! This is incredible beautiful! You always have a great eye for item placement!

And as others have said, no way this is the Edge of Infinity dim!! I can't wait to jump onto Greybriar and check out your amazing, creative dimension!

Quote Originally Posted by Treble View Post
    Spectacular as usual Lils! I love the lights and the patterns.
    Thanks =) After I was finished, I saw your "Light in the Dark" dimensions and was blown away by the structure and lighting. Glad I didn't see it before, I would have had a hard time not building a lighthouse, hehe.

Quote Originally Posted by Agrona77 View Post
    Oh Maddori! This is incredible beautiful! You always have a great eye for item placement!

And as others have said, no way this is the Edge of Infinity dim!! I can't wait to jump onto Greybriar and check out your amazing, creative dimension!

Hehe, I'm really happy you like it. Just wanted to show how this particular dimension isn't limited to a space theme ;)

Btw, great work on your new museum dimension.
    Last edited by Maddori; 07-08-2013 at 08:00 AM.
    Lils@Greybriar

Quote Originally Posted by Maddori View Post
    Hehe, I'm really happy you like it. Just wanted to show how this particular dimension isn't limited to a space theme ;)

Btw, great work on your new museum dimension.
    Yes, I'm really glad you took that route. It not only shows how you can think outside of the box, but also how creative you are!

Aww thanks. I enjoyed working on that build.

Did anyone else notice that the pools reflected the planets in space, despite the cloud cover of the telescope? I was amused by this =p. Well done Lils.

Spectacular.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast