+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree28Likes

Thread: Isle of the Golden Sun - Inspired by WoW!

Soulwalker

Default Isle of the Golden Sun - Inspired by WoW!

Hi Everyone

Shameless plug for my dimension, Isle of the Golden Sun. 2000 items, three months of tinkering and pawning my armor in for chairs and marble benches waaaaaay too many times to count.
    Donít care if you donít vote, Iíd love to share my dimension with you anyway.
    If you enjoy spotting custom morphs, are excited by little details, ever played World of Warcraft, or could do with some time spent on an island resort Ė this could very well be a dimension that will bring a smile to your day.

Aalaylia @ Laethys
    Isle of the Golden Sun
    Cluster two

RIFT Fan Site Operator Feendish's Avatar

As a diehard Blood Elf (with the exception of my orc shaman and tauren druid), the pics look amazingly true to Silvermoon. *Busily adds Laethys to the list of shards to visit*.
    Dimensions on Greybriar and Zaviel

Baradara@Greybriar

Soulwalker

Thank you Feendish, hope you enjoy wandering through!

RIFT Fan Site Operator Tamarama's Avatar

Lol! I recognide that architecture. Well done.

Better Homes and Dimensions - A blog just for Dimensions.

The only thing missing is someone to say "Death to all who oppose us!" when you try to sell off junk items! Truly amazing dimension, and a great trip down memory lane as well. Almost makes me want to fire up WoW again.

Rift Disciple

Yeah very well done, but since I played Alliance, I would probably drown you in the lake

Love it, was half expecting the ghost of a certain well known elf to turn up behind me and inform me that everything was a setback, then having to kick his behind for the umpteenth time! Especially when I saw the summoning stone!
    New players feel free to use this code for free stuff!
    NJY2ML7PDHKELDM3MKZW

Amazing. You really nailed it
    Lils@Greybriar

65 Rogue/Dimension Addict

Soulwalker

Thanks for all the kind words and support.
    No matter who wins this week, the competition has been wonderful to encourage people to dimension hop to places they normally wouldn't bother. It has been really lovely to share my hard work with others, and see the wonderful places others have built as well.

I visited this today and really enjoyed the stroll down memory lane. I'm guessing each one of us might key onto something different; for me it was the broom (!) and the Academy. Great job bringing those to life and I'm sure someone at Blizzard would be delighted to know you made this dim.
    The Road Less Traveled, Hypnotique, Hero's Quest: Belly of the Beast, Avalon, Doubleohhseven's Avatar v2.0, Promenade Penthouse, Hero's Quest: Sleeping Beauty, Mabhe's Quadradream, Everwinter, Karthan Paradise, Halls of Intoxication, Court of Shadows, Dreamscapes, Lost in Wonderland, Heroís Quest: Hidden Canyon, Bywater, Sanguine Summer
    Greybriar Dimension Geek

As a former gnome, it made me think of Sunwell instead of Silvermoon City. ;)

Beautifully done in its own right, no knowledge of WoW necessary.

Am I the only one here who has never played WoW? LOL

Anyway, I don't have anything to compare you dim to, but the pictures look amazing! I'll make sure to stop by and visit, next time I'm on Laethys!!
    Last edited by Agrona77; 07-08-2013 at 08:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Agrona77 View Post
    Am I the only one here who has never played WoW? LOL

Anyway, I don't have anything to compare you dim to, but the pictures look amazing! I'll make sure to stop by and visit, next time I'm on Laethys!!
    Just type "Silvermoon" or "Isle of Quel'Danas" into a Google image search and you can see some of the Blood Elf architecture the Dim is emulating. Very elegant and regal, with lots of reds and golds.

Quote Originally Posted by Treble View Post
    As a former gnome, it made me think of Sunwell instead of Silvermoon City. ;)
    I loved Gnomes. My friends could never figure out why I liked playing something that small, but they were just so awesome.

I think I need to stop visiting this thread. It makes me so nostalgic. So many great memories.

Quote Originally Posted by Zyonyx View Post
    I loved Gnomes. My friends could never figure out why I liked playing something that small, but they were just so awesome.
    You know why gnomes were so awesome? Cuz there was nothing better than watching a newly dead gnome slide a few feet after exploding in a battleground. It was like watching someone throw a bowling ball satchel into the corner lol.

Oh, and my "MMMM GNOME BRAINS" macro on my undead when I would cannibalize =p

Amazingly done. I loved the Blood Elves, probably one of the coolest fantasy races of all time lore/story wise. This is very true to the elven architecture in WoW.

Good job sir, 2 thumbs up from this ex-Blood Elf
    Leondria 60 P6x Mage

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast