+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By Ellekat

Thread: What Dimensions can you fish in or do other Skills in?

Default What Dimensions can you fish in or do other Skills in?

What Dimensions can you fish in or do other Skills in?

Sorry, we can't fish in dimensions yet. The only truly interactive things I can think of are the Dimensional Bartender and Guild Questmaster, though there are a couple other other NPCs that you can have in your dimension. You can interact with slides, jump puzzles and other games. And you can summon your banker, guild banker, mailbox and other Patron perks from within a dimension. You also now get rested XP while in one.

Hope that helps.
    The Road Less Traveled, Hypnotique, Hero's Quest: Belly of the Beast, Avalon, Doubleohhseven's Avatar v2.0, Promenade Penthouse, Hero's Quest: Sleeping Beauty, Mabhe's Quadradream, Everwinter, Karthan Paradise, Halls of Intoxication, Court of Shadows, Dreamscapes, Lost in Wonderland, Hero’s Quest: Hidden Canyon, Bywater, Sanguine Summer
    Greybriar Dimension Geek

Well I know you can fish in a select few if you have high enough Fishing Skill.

I've seen it done, or at least saw that it took a 250 skill point lvl in Fishing to be able to fish in the big pond in one of the Dimensions sold in the market place.

I believe it was the one with the angry sky and lightning flashes.....it was 1080 Gems I believe.

So I wonder if there are others?

News to me. I'll check it out.
    The Road Less Traveled, Hypnotique, Hero's Quest: Belly of the Beast, Avalon, Doubleohhseven's Avatar v2.0, Promenade Penthouse, Hero's Quest: Sleeping Beauty, Mabhe's Quadradream, Everwinter, Karthan Paradise, Halls of Intoxication, Court of Shadows, Dreamscapes, Lost in Wonderland, Hero’s Quest: Hidden Canyon, Bywater, Sanguine Summer
    Greybriar Dimension Geek

Thank you sir (or lady! ).

I searched the forums for a few threads on the topic and have read that it does seem to occur in select player made dimensions.

Just want to know which ones and what it takes in terms of skill level to do it.

I know for a fact the skill lvl needed for the one dimension I referred to was very high.

As far as I know, you can "fish" in any dimension that has water in it. The requirement for "fishing" there will be whatever the requirement for the zone that the dimension was taken from is. The reason I put "fish" in quotes is, while you can throw a line in the water, you will have as much luck fishing in your swimming pool.. there are no actual fish in dimensions
    Soulraiser - 60 Cleric // Soulslayer - 60 Warrior // Soulshadow 60 Mage
    Faeblight NA
    http://www.dargaardknights.com
    Visit our recruiting thread HERE

I just tested on my character that has max level fishing and I could not fish in any dimension. The fishing icon appears on the water but when I clicked I got a "you cannot fish here" message.

I'm having a dim (no pun intended) recollection that people were able to fish and catch grey items in the Stone Flask Tavern originally but it was an unintended effect and was removed.

Quote Originally Posted by Ellekat View Post
    I just tested on my character that has max level fishing and I could not fish in any dimension. The fishing icon appears on the water but when I clicked I got a "you cannot fish here" message.

I'm having a dim (no pun intended) recollection that people were able to fish and catch grey items in the Stone Flask Tavern originally but it was an unintended effect and was removed.
    You're probably right, I haven't tried fishing in any dimensions since stone flask. I don't do much fishing.
    Soulraiser - 60 Cleric // Soulslayer - 60 Warrior // Soulshadow 60 Mage
    Faeblight NA
    http://www.dargaardknights.com
    Visit our recruiting thread HERE

Quote Originally Posted by Ellekat View Post

Yup, what Ellekat said. Dims are off limit to fishing.

Disappointed, but thank you for the thorough feedback!

I'm new to this and in love with Dimensions.

Thank you!

Baalok

RIFT Fan Site Operator Feendish's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Baalok View Post
    Disappointed, but thank you for the thorough feedback!

I'm new to this and in love with Dimensions.

Thank you!

Baalok
    Welcome to the addiction!
    Dimensions on Greybriar and Zaviel

Baradara@Greybriar

+ Reply to Thread